Ferg's Fortified city

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
well did some little piddly things today.

well made a nice safe retreat to my neather fortress so I don't get fireballed by random gasts
pu4z.png

added some machines so I could make some redstone conduits
tfx.png

Added an AE system since I was getting tired of chests and looking for my different types of stone
ka4x.png

the rest of it and my disk drives right now I have 2 16k dist drives
cgfb.png

what I have in it so far.
bwma.png

i1hg.png

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
16K drives seem to be the best bet. 64K really only seem to be useful if you plan on having obscene amounts of 1 thing. I find myself running out of types on a drive before I run out of space on it.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
ya my only issue is a lack of gold I have a lot of everything else otherwise I probably would have put everything in them.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
You could probably build DSU's for your various stones and use Storage Bus to access them. That would save a tremendous amount of disk space for you

cool thanks just started playing around with AE since I was tired of searching through all my chests for the right stone.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
cool thanks just started playing around with AE since I was tired of searching through all my chests for the right stone.
Slapping a Storage Bus on a chest includes that storage in the ME network. It's a quick n dirty method of easily accessing everything without having to hunt through all the chests.

To set up DSU's, it is really easy, all you need is a single export bus (although a fuzzy bus will make it go much faster). Pick a DSU, hook up export bus and tell it to export a type of stone. DSU fills up with that stone. Slap storage bus on DSU. Done. Rinse, wash, repeat with other DSU's. Watch as your disk usage drops 90+%!

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Slapping a Storage Bus on a chest includes that storage in the ME network. It's a quick n dirty method of easily accessing everything without having to hunt through all the chests.

To set up DSU's, it is really easy, all you need is a single export bus (although a fuzzy bus will make it go much faster). Pick a DSU, hook up export bus and tell it to export a type of stone. DSU fills up with that stone. Slap storage bus on DSU. Done. Rinse, wash, repeat with other DSU's. Watch as your disk usage drops 90+%!

<333

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
If you're still using RR you should have the extra cells mod. You can use an me block container as a cheaper solution than DSU's. And they'll fit in the storage drive.

Although DSU's are better for mega large unit storage (millions +) .

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
If you're still using RR you should have the extra cells mod. You can use an me block container as a cheaper solution than DSU's. And they'll fit in the storage drive.

Although DSU's are better for mega large unit storage (millions +) .

ya still fighting with the AT launcher so its a little behind also why is your mustang boss not red :D

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I'm too lazy to properly resize the right pic. When I crack open photoshop tonight I'll try to remember to fix it after I try my hand at an RR design.

Reactions: fergcraft

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I'm too lazy to properly resize the right pic. When I crack open photoshop tonight I'll try to remember to fix it after I try my hand at an RR design.

ya with the launcher it's easier but when I have to download the mods it seems to want to fight me stupid links.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
well I've been a little busy lately and haven't had much time to work on my city. I have joined a server so do you want me to continue this same type of build or go with something else. I will let you guys decide. If you want something else make some suggestions and I will pick the one I would enjoy the most to do. :D

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
well I've been a little busy lately and haven't had much time to work on my city. I have joined a server so do you want me to continue this same type of build or go with something else. I will let you guys decide. If you want something else make some suggestions and I will pick the one I would enjoy the most to do. :D

I would go with the former.