Dumb Modular Powersuit Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I do have flight control enabled. ANd I meant that using a normal diamond pickaxe seemed slower. I noticed if i remove the power tool from my hotbar, i move much faster. The batteries in the power tool? Does it slow down all actions if you have too much weight?
yes, tool does have its own weight, and when you hold it, it does affect your movement.

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
A funny thing I noticed. My power-tool draws energy even from Armor-Pieces in my inventory. Since I have the Kinetic Generator and no Heat-Control I cant wear the pants in hot biomes or the nether, so I take them off. But because I'm smart I placed the battery in the Legs :p. But it doesnt really matter, as long as I wear either one piece of armor or select my Power-Tool I can use the charge in the not worn armor. Also Boots of the Traveler + Sprintassist in Legs^^

Another method of very fast movement... the Railgun :p

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I'm bored and looking for ideas. Anyone got anything that want to see?
Um... ninja... chocolate..... space .... weasels.
Yeah!

I know! Powersuits for horses! That would be awesome...
But I think it's a bit too much work. I suppose you could cut down on the amount of modules and just have basics like speed, swimming, jumping, armour etc.
Although now that I think about it it doesn't make much sense to use a horse when you can fly... Unless it was much cheaper? TBH, I love horses so much that I'd probably use them anyway.

If that's too much work, how about some kind of "bag" module that expands your inventory (or allows you to open up more in a GUI)?

Reactions: RedBoss

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I'm bored and looking for ideas. Anyone got anything that want to see?
i`ve mention this earlier, and this seems to be a good opportunity to say it again - mini nuclear reactor module.
you bind it to a key with which you open its GUI. it show a slot for fuel(IC2&GT nuclear fuel cells, and AS fissile fuel rods) and shows the info about reactor(energy&heat produced, how much fuel lasts etc.)

i`m a bit disappointed that suit that can look like iron man, doesnt have nuclear power behind.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
If you could shamelessly clone the Screw Attack function from a certain famous power suit that'd be neat.

Andrew2448

Jul 29, 2019
An axe module that works? Seriously man. It's been outstanding for months now. It can't even reliably cut signs.

But also, integration with Extra Utilities sonar goggles.

The Axe module works exactly as we want it. It is a choice between two things - how it is now, or having it work on EVERYTHING that an axe works on. This includes chests, and random things such as IC2 cables. We received a bunch of complaints about people busting their chests or wires unintentionally so the change was made to only affect trees. It is the safer path.

As for the second thing, I'll look into that but cannot give any guarantees.

I know! Powersuits for horses! That would be awesome...
But I think it's a bit too much work. I suppose you could cut down on the amount of modules and just have basics like speed, swimming, jumping, armour etc.
Although now that I think about it it doesn't make much sense to use a horse when you can fly... Unless it was much cheaper? TBH, I love horses so much that I'd probably use them anyway.

If that's too much work, how about some kind of "bag" module that expands your inventory (or allows you to open up more in a GUI)?

I'm not doing anything with horses until we are 1.6... still doing 1.5.2 right now. As for the second one, I do have a backpack module planned but it's going to take a while.

i`ve mention this earlier, and this seems to be a good opportunity to say it again - mini nuclear reactor module.
you bind it to a key with which you open its GUI. it show a slot for fuel(IC2&GT nuclear fuel cells, and AS fissile fuel rods) and shows the info about reactor(energy&heat produced, how much fuel lasts etc.)

i`m a bit disappointed that suit that can look like iron man, doesnt have nuclear power behind.

Balancing this would be very difficult because I don't play any of those mods anymore =/

If you could shamelessly clone the Screw Attack function from a certain famous power suit that'd be neat.

To be honest, that's probably really complicated and out of my coding league. Otherwise I would do it.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Well, specifically, I was after some kind of device where you could directly ram into enemies and damage them, perhaps enabled by a running charge or simply wandering into them. Lots of options there, really. :)

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
The Axe module works exactly as we want it. It is a choice between two things - how it is now, or having it work on EVERYTHING that an axe works on. This includes chests, and random things such as IC2 cables. We received a bunch of complaints about people busting their chests or wires unintentionally so the change was made to only affect trees. It is the safer path.

As for the second thing, I'll look into that but cannot give any guarantees.

I'm not doing anything with horses until we are 1.6... still doing 1.5.2 right now. As for the second one, I do have a backpack module planned but it's going to take a while.

Balancing this would be very difficult because I don't play any of those mods anymore =/

To be honest, that's probably really complicated and out of my coding league. Otherwise I would do it.
So no ninja chocolate space weasels?
What kind of modder are you?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The Axe module works exactly as we want it. It is a choice between two things - how it is now, or having it work on EVERYTHING that an axe works on.

It doesn't work on BoP wood, Forestry Wood, Signs, Chests, Cables, etc. It is basically useless as it stands in most of the packs it is put in. 9 times out of 10 when I want to use it it doesn't work. I carry an iron axe with me and uninstall the axe module because it's not worth dealing with on the keybind screen. And if you're concerned about this, then why praytell do you let it work on factorization barrels? For the lag and framerate killing fun?

I suspect you do not realize how many things it doesn't work on in FTB. It's hard to find things it does work on. Did you know that BoP overwrites some vanilla blocks and when it does, it stops working on those too?

This includes chests, and random things such as IC2 cables. We received a bunch of complaints about people busting their chests or wires unintentionally so the change was made to only affect trees. It is the safer path.

This is because of the way you do the search for the bulk cut. You should traverse vertically the way Dartcraft and Tinker's Construct do rather than being the very best tool for dealing with Mystcraft wooden tentacles. It's sort of a niche award. Trust me, dartcraft tools annihilate N-wide trees plenty well.

I give you this harsh criticism because I like your mod and this is a glaring flaw with it. I want to be able to cut cables rather than stand there like an ass waiting 5 seconds for cables to break as a flail at them with a floppy robotic arm like I'm playing Ampu-tea.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you just return the basic axe module to working properly as an axe, and add the AoE thing as a separate module. That way it can be key binded and toggle able.

That way, people can have a working axe, yet still have the option to explode all the wood in a large area, then you can enable it, and disable it for fine cuts.

Reactions: TheLoneWolfling

Andrew2448

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to note, the Axe module isn't mine and whatever happens to that is up to MachineMuse. I do agree with most of the things you say but that doesn't mean I'm allowed to change it. She has it as she prefers it and that's how it will probably stay until she changes it.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I know she reads this thread regularly. Maybe she'll relent. I've never met a single person that is happy with it.

Other fun items: a low-tier object that does what Lanterns does. Night vision is pretty expensive.

I actually think MPSA needs more low-tier items.

Andrew2448

Jul 29, 2019
I know she reads this thread regularly. Maybe she'll relent. I've never met a single person that is happy with it.

Other fun items: a low-tier object that does what Lanterns does. Night vision is pretty expensive.

I actually think MPSA needs more low-tier items.

That's why I ask for ideas, I'm quite bad at coming up with my own. :p A lot of people have requested that lantern function but knowing MC's lighting system I expect it to be complex so I don't know...

Reactions: RedBoss and Archon

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
That's why I ask for ideas, I'm quite bad at coming up with my own. :p A lot of people have requested that lantern function but knowing MC's lighting system I expect it to be complex so I don't know...

Lanterns does it and does it well.

Another thing that could be really cool is a thing to help set up minecarts, since these have become radically more useful in 1.5. Like something that unrolls minecarts from your inventory on the ground N-at-a-time in front of you, even going up 1-steps.

Engineer's Toolbox has a tool that when right clicked sends a particle into the world at the point you picked which weakly redstone-powers all adjacent blocks for testing redstone builds. Something like that would be useful as well.

Reactions: jokermatt999