Nominations for Forum Moderators

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to curse and swear, don't despair, use some flair. Be creative with your words, and enjoy the whole affair.

Always aim at alienating asses as alliteration answers all articulations. All amusement aside, alliteration amazes again and again. Even elementary examples engender engagement. Someone should tell certain high-and-mighty youtubers who like to come in here demanding we all squat on 1.4.7 about the concept of grace and tempo in prose.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Always aim at alienating asses as alliteration answers all articulations. All amusement aside, alliteration amazes again and again. Even elementary examples engender engagement. Someone should tell certain high-and-mighty youtubers who like to come in here demanding we all squat on 1.4.7 about the concept of grace and tempo in prose.
More like (with apologies to Mr. Ed):

Dear sir, concerning your last discourse
it came out of the southern end of a horse
assuming, of course, that the horse
was headed northward-bound

Let's go right to the source of my discourse
your statements got more than a little coarse
I'd tone it down, unless of course,
you're wishing to get banned

Please depart now from the main concourse
the exits are plainly labeled, of course
Your statements have no factual source
Sincerely, ShneekeyTheLost

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
There was a young man called Dave
Who has battled with many a knave
But when the mods came round
He said he'd not be around
Because his ignore list keeps him sane

There was a sweet innocent girl called Jaded
Who bopped all of y'all on the head
That is all

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019

Ashzification, always helpful, is already a part of your support team, and I've never seen a biased word from her. Also, Lambert2191
Thanks! But I've got plenty on my plate as it is ;)
I would nominate Eyamaz, but he's a rather valuable asset to tech support too ;)

Other suggestions:
TheSandwichMakr-very knowledgeable in the tech support section, generally level-headed, always has quaility posts ;)
Saice-he's everywhere, generally unbiased, doesn't attack other users :)

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm now wondering what youtubers Dave is talking about.

What about VikeStep? He's a mild-mannered denizen. Actually, no, he's the changelog guy. GPuzzle then? It suddenly seems that we have very few members.

Reactions: VikeStep

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019

What about VikeStep? He's a mild-mannered denizen. Actually, no, he's the changelog guy. GPuzzle then? It suddenly seems that we have very few members.

The forum regulars are a small group. Active modded minecraft players worldwide would probably barely fill up a basketball arena.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I would nominate Eyamaz, but he's a rather valuable asset to tech support too ;)

Other suggestions:
TheSandwichMakr-very knowledgeable in the tech support section, generally level-headed, always has quaility posts ;)
Oops I for got to nominate Ash damn an oversight on my part, but moot as your busy with stuff by the plate load.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

Very few stable members, there are plenty of us but mild mannered, unbiased, intelligent & able to spell, can be a tall order to find in one person, most of us lack one or more of the key requirements, some (yeah me) lack them all.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

Other suggestions:

Why thank you, I would say no anyway. Just like I would say no to a support badge atm. I've got a lot going on atm.

Reactions: Ashzification

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Very few stable members, there are plenty of us but mild mannered, unbiased, intelligent & able to spell, can be a tall order to find in one person, most of us lack one or more of the key requirements, some (yeah me) lack them all.

Well, I'm sure some of us fudge up on spelling from time to time.

The thought has occurred to me that when the no topic thread opens back up again, it may need a moderator all of it's own. It may seem to be a bit ludicrous, but when you think about how much trouble lawbroken is having keeping up with all the blasphemy in it, it doesn't seem quite so crazy.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm sure some of us fudge up on spelling from time to time.

The thought has occurred to me that when the no topic thread opens back up again, it may need a moderator all of it's own. It may seem to be a bit ludicrous, but when you think about how much trouble lawbroken is having keeping up with all the blasphemy in it, it doesn't seem quite so crazy.

I don't think it should be reopened. Recreated maybe, but not reopened. A thread of that nature should be locked and recreated every 1000ish posts. It's hard enough to try to moderate it without someone quoting something 1000 posts before it and having to jump backwards to see if the post is even relevant.

Personally, I don't think a no topic thread should exist. It just invites the worst out of forum members. If law really wants to continue one, it's his choice, and I would say his responsibility to moderate it if he chooses to do it.

Inb4 someone thinks that's me being disrespectful, it's not. Law is a phenomenal moderator. I just don't like that type of thread. it was a sort of necessity when it was created, but with the new rule jaded posted, it shouldn't be needed now.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think it should be reopened. Recreated maybe, but not reopened. A thread of that nature should be locked and recreated every 1000ish posts. It's hard enough to try to moderate it without someone quoting something 1000 posts before it and having to jump backwards to see if the post is even relevant.

Personally, I don't think a no topic thread should exist. It just invites the worst out of forum members. If law really wants to continue one, it's his choice, and I would say his responsibility to moderate it if he chooses to do it.

Inb4 someone thinks that's me being disrespectful, it's not. Law is a phenomenal moderator. I just don't like that type of thread. it was a sort of necessity when it was created, but with the new rule jaded posted, it shouldn't be needed now.

It wont be re-opening. (And no one. Don't go making a 2nd one)
Also never asked any other moderator to mod it and I never would.
Global Moderators knew about it. (Since the rules of the thread got looked over).

I also know where you are coming from with this post and don't find any of that disrespectful.

Why thank you, I would say no anyway. Just like I would say no to a support badge atm. I've got a lot going on atm.

You don't need to put in 1000 hours a week if you get the Tech Support badge :p It just makes people see that you know what you are talking about.

Reactions: Eyamaz and Flipz

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry bout that, he has been under observation since the forums started, we badger him every now and again and he finally said yes :p[DOUBLEPOST=1374468293][/DOUBLEPOST]Also as a clarification we are not looking for people who know mods (we have plenty) or who are helpful (plenty of those too) we are looking for people who:

• Can keep from being biased
  • refrain from personal attacks
  • Try to keep the peace in a professional and mature manner
  • Think things through before posting
  • Over 18. While there are younger people who fit the above requirements, minors are subject to parental rules. We can't have a moderator that might get grounded and have their computer taken away. (Exceptions might be made)

To bring things back to the topic of discussion, I'd still like to reiterate that I believe Eunomiac would make a fantastic moderator. He's able to see things from both sides, and is more than willing to revise his opinion when presented with new information, indicating an unbiased perspective. I have never seen a personal attack from him, and he definitely thinks things through before posting. I can't vouch for his age, but I would guess he's over 18--if not, he's very mature for his age. ;)

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont

Honestly I'm thinking that there shouldn't be any post count gain (or even likes, but I'm harsh like that) from the off topic sections, and that counts double for the off topic thread. So I'd say "delete any post more then 72 hours old, at least once a week" just blow it up.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Julian Zhou

Jul 29, 2019
I would nominate myself, but it might not be the best idea for one reason: I have zero tolerance for BS.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to say something risky. I heavily suggest someone outside of the forums. Someone with no knowledge of the mods or even Minecraft. An unbiased person whom logs on and follows the rules to the letter. Reason for this is anyone on the forum can gain bias. A totally independent person would hold nothing close as they would have no interest. Just doing the job. Thank you.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I am going to say something risky. I heavily suggest someone outside of the forums. Someone with no knowledge of the mods or even Minecraft. An unbiased person whom logs on and follows the rules to the letter. Reason for this is anyone on the forum can gain bias. A totally independent person would hold nothing close as they would have no interest. Just doing the job. Thank you.

The problem with that is that it would be incredibly difficult to find someone that would both care enough about the moderating to do it properly, and be able to trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.