Whitelist Server Surthtrival Online - 1.5.2, FTB Unleashed, Whitelist Server

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
TestingSurthrival.png

IP: 74.121.190.130:25565

THIS MOD PACK IS IN BETA, you have been warned.

This is a recent server, how recent? 5 minutes old. We have upgraded to a dedicated server. It is our own server, not a rent. We are running on the new unleashed pack, keeping it all up to date. The theme of this server is to survive and thrive hence the name Surthrival. We keep this server very mature by having a selective application process. It may take you awhile to fill out, but it is worth it. If you're too lazy to fill out an application then we don't want you. You can also apply for our vanilla survival server. If after joining us on FTB we like you then you will probably get accepted on the vanilla survival server as well. If we accept your application you will be on a trial period, during this time we will make sure you are the kind of person we wish to keep with us (mature/active). Once you become a full member of the server, a surthrival forum account will be made for you, please check this forum for updates and news. http://forum.surthrivalonline.com/

Disabled Mods/Items: Mystcraft, anything else that causes memory leaks or issues may be disabled later.
Mods that need Enabling: Biomes O Plenty, Xeno's Reliquary, Nether Ores and Enchanting Plus
Difficulty: Hard
Rules: No griefing, Respect other players, No lag machines
Server Specs:
Quad Core Xeon E3-1230 Processor
16 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
12 IPv4 Addresses
500 GB SATA HDD
100 MBit Connection
10TB Premium Bandwidth

Application

IGN: Your Minecraft name
Birthday: Include day, month and year
Timezone:
How often do you play?:
When did you hear about feed the beast?:
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: Was it through a video, friend, website, etc...
About your personal life: What do you do for a living? Are you in school? Have a special someone?, This information does not have to be given if you feel uncomfortable about it.
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: More technical (IC2, thermal expansion, gregtech, etc.) More magical mod style like thaumcraft and twilight forest? Or other styles? (This is just so that we know what to count on)
Do you have a YouTube channel?: Please post link if you do.
Greatest FTB achievements: What have you made or done in FTB that makes you proud?
Why would you like be considered?: What about this server that makes you want to join? What can you bring to the table?
Please provide at least 3 photos or a video showing your FTB creations. Please fill in as much details as you can. The more the better. We like mature people, people who understand certain rules. Also, the pictures are not essential, just a proof of your best work.
I'd like to inform that being a pro at FTB is in no way required. We are here to help if you need. Also we need you to know that we know FTB may cause lag from the machines. If you don't have a computer that can handle ftb and we accept you, don't complain about the lag. You don't need an amazing computer. Just a well taken care of one.

Server Owner: Badstainless
Server Admins: Fitominer, PurpleFantum

ejrider

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: ethanrider
Birthday: 4/16/1977
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT - 4:00)
How often do you play?: As often as possible.
When did you hear about feed the beast?: I dunno, a good while back
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: Was playing on a server with a different modpack, migrated and haven't looked back.
About your personal life: I program computers for a living, am married, and used to play a lot of Magic the gathering
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: Yes, I'm decent at automation and know a good number of mods, more of a gatherer. I don't have good aesthetics, need help with style on builds.
Do you have a YouTube channel?: Negative
Greatest FTB achievements: I made a fusion reactor in gregtech hard on my own (legit)
Why would you like be considered?: I'm a mature and quality player, good ethics. I am looking to play on the new pack
Please provide at least 3 photos or a video showing your FTB creations. Please fill in as much details as you can. The more the better. We like mature people, people who understand certain rules. Also, the pictures are not essential, just a proof of your best work.
I don't really have screenshots to show you, it may be unusual but I tend to contribute to others building as my style is not very visually appealing.

AmishInvader

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: AmishInvader
Birthday: Nov. 20, 1984
Timezone: Central
How often do you play?: Most evenings, more on weekends
When did you hear about feed the beast?: Before the first launcher was released
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: Discovered via IRC and what makes me want to play is the extensive interactions between all the mods and the complex machines that can be made from them.
About your personal life: I work on a cattle ranch and my main hobby is pc gaming.
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: I like to utilize as many mods as I can to produce complicated, but useful machines.
Do you have a YouTube channel?: Nope
Greatest FTB achievements: My greatest achievement in FTB is probably a bee powered lithium boiler system.
Why would you like be considered?: I haven't played FTB in a couple months and I would like to join your server to check out all the new additions to the mods by seeing what everyone else is creating and doing some myself.

Popparay

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Popparay
Birthday: 8th September 1981
Timezone: GMT
How often do you play?: very Often, every day / night
When did you hear about feed the beast?: started it since the beggining and then when they made the mod packs.
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: same as above. Became addicted to Minecraft since the alpha and stuck with it since, played Vanilla, then Hardcore PvP then switched to Mods with IC1
About your personal life: I have just started to go back to studying getting ready to go to med school in 2 years. I have a baby coming in September :)
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: played ftb for some time, I prefer the technical side of things, the machines and making factories tho I do like to dabble in some magic stuff.
Do you have a YouTube channel?: I do not
Greatest FTB achievements: I managed to make 2 gregtech fusion reactors in survival :)
Why would you like be considered?: It looks like a well admined server, I am knowledgeable about most of the mods that FTB offers, and I'm always happy to help those that need it :)

brave22

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: brave22
Birthday: 17/6/1998
Timezone:+0
How often do you play?:every day (almost0
When did you hear about feed the beast?:From direwolf20 server play
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?:its simplisity and quick access
About your personal life:i will not talk about that
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?:make every thing automatic
Do you have a YouTube channel?: i do no vids
Greatest FTB achievements: bee powered nuclear reactor which lead up to a fussion reactor
Why would you like be considered?:I know most of the mods in the mod pack

Yunior Fernandez

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Mrtheboyfull
Birthday: February 20 , 1997
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5:00)
How often do you play: i play a lot while im in my house. im addicted to FTB.. im on vacations too,
When did you hear about feed the beast: on a twitch live stream
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play ? i discover ftb while watching a live stream on twitch tv and i a boy that really likes complex and stuff that deal with tech and reality and monsters.. and minecraft with mods is exactly that.
About your personal life? i still dont work. im in high school and im a A+ student. and my family and girlfriend and bestfriends are all special to me.
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: i try to use all the mods . i try to find the best way to make something and i like to do more technical things and automated stuff.
Do you have a Youtube channel: NO
Greatest FTB achievements: Complex applied energistics system and automatic mining machine
Why would you like be considered? that its running on the FTB unleashed pack and i like to play on the hard difficulty for the firsts time and things like making minecraft friends :)

mza325

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: mza325
Birthday: oct/02/1985
Timezone:(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rom, Stockholm, Wien
How often do you play?:a lot if i have the time after work
When did you hear about feed the beast?:when i was playing tekkit i heard about ftb played for a month then stop and 1 month ago i started again playing ftb ultimate then the server got a map resset and i did read in the news that ftb ultimate is almost dead and that they gona focus on FTB unleashed.
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: from a friend and a lot of streams
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: More technical i love to go mine a lot i love mining realy after work. building machine automating them making farms
Why would you like be considered? im mature and i love a small comunity so i can make new friend and help each other

FitoMiner

Jul 29, 2019
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: Discovered via IRC and what makes me want to play is the extensive interactions between all the mods and the complex machines that can be made from them.
About your personal life: I work on a cattle ranch and my main hobby is pc gaming.
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: I like to utilize as many mods as I can to produce complicated, but useful machines.
Greatest FTB achievements: My greatest achievement in FTB is probably a bee powered lithium boiler system.
Why would you like be considered?: I haven't played FTB in a couple months and I would like to join your server to check out all the new additions to the mods by seeing what everyone else is creating and doing some myself.

Welcome to the server. Hope to see you soon online. Also, if you can please join our forums at forum.surthrivalonline.com. All server news, rules, events and alot more happens there. Thank you for applying. Please keep the trial period in mind. You will be evaluated for maturity and activity.[DOUBLEPOST=1374434815][/DOUBLEPOST]

Welcome to the server. Hope to see you soon online. Also, if you can please join our forums at forum.surthrivalonline.com. All server news, rules, events and alot more happens there. Thank you for applying. Please keep the trial period in mind. You will be evaluated for maturity and activity.[DOUBLEPOST=1374434845][/DOUBLEPOST]
IGN: Popparay
Birthday: 8th September 1981
Timezone: GMT
How often do you play?: very Often, every day / night
When did you hear about feed the beast?: started it since the beggining and then when they made the mod packs.
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: same as above. Became addicted to Minecraft since the alpha and stuck with it since, played Vanilla, then Hardcore PvP then switched to Mods with IC1
About your personal life: I have just started to go back to studying getting ready to go to med school in 2 years. I have a baby coming in September :)
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: played ftb for some time, I prefer the technical side of things, the machines and making factories tho I do like to dabble in some magic stuff.
Do you have a YouTube channel?: I do not
Greatest FTB achievements: I managed to make 2 gregtech fusion reactors in survival :)
Why would you like be considered?: It looks like a well admined server, I am knowledgeable about most of the mods that FTB offers, and I'm always happy to help those that need it :)

Welcome to the server. Hope to see you soon online. Also, if you can please join our forums at forum.surthrivalonline.com. All server news, rules, events and alot more happens there. Thank you for applying. Please keep the trial period in mind. You will be evaluated for maturity and activity.[DOUBLEPOST=1374434970][/DOUBLEPOST]
IGN: Mrtheboyfull
Birthday: February 20 , 1997
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5:00)
How often do you play: i play a lot while im in my house. im addicted to FTB.. im on vacations too,
When did you hear about feed the beast: on a twitch live stream
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play ? i discover ftb while watching a live stream on twitch tv and i a boy that really likes complex and stuff that deal with tech and reality and monsters.. and minecraft with mods is exactly that.
About your personal life? i still dont work. im in high school and im a A+ student. and my family and girlfriend and bestfriends are all special to me.
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: i try to use all the mods . i try to find the best way to make something and i like to do more technical things and automated stuff.
Do you have a Youtube channel: NO
Greatest FTB achievements: Complex applied energistics system and automatic mining machine
Why would you like be considered? that its running on the FTB unleashed pack and i like to play on the hard difficulty for the firsts time and things like making minecraft friends :)

Welcome to the server. Hope to see you soon online. Also, if you can please join our forums at forum.surthrivalonline.com. All server news, rules, events and alot more happens there. Thank you for applying. Please keep the trial period in mind. You will be evaluated for maturity and activity.

surferdevon

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: surferdevon
Birthday: 2/15/1991
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)
How often do you play?: About 3-4 hours a day
When did you hear about feed the beast?: about 9 months ago
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: I heard about it from a direwolf20 video. i love playing it because of all the additional options to make awesome builds.
About your personal life: Im currently in the process of registering for college.
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: My style is more magic based and building.
Do you have a YouTube channel?: no
Greatest FTB achievements: I made a fully self sufficient power system using only golems to move all the items.
Why would you like be considered?: Im getting back into ftb after not playing for a couple months and this seems like a great server. I like having a mature server communtiy with no drama and it sounds like that is your goal.
Please provide at least 3 photos or a video showing your FTB creations. Unfortunately all of my builds were on servers that got shut down without notice so i dont have any pictures of my builds.

FitoMiner

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: surferdevon
Birthday: 2/15/1991
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)
How often do you play?: About 3-4 hours a day
When did you hear about feed the beast?: about 9 months ago
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: I heard about it from a direwolf20 video. i love playing it because of all the additional options to make awesome builds.
About your personal life: Im currently in the process of registering for college.
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: My style is more magic based and building.
Do you have a YouTube channel?: no
Greatest FTB achievements: I made a fully self sufficient power system using only golems to move all the items.
Why would you like be considered?: Im getting back into ftb after not playing for a couple months and this seems like a great server. I like having a mature server communtiy with no drama and it sounds like that is your goal.
Please provide at least 3 photos or a video showing your FTB creations. Unfortunately all of my builds were on servers that got shut down without notice so i dont have any pictures of my builds.

Welcome to the server. Hope to see you soon online. Also, if you can please join our forums at forum.surthrivalonline.com. All server news, rules, events and alot more happens there. Thank you for applying. Please keep the trial period in mind. You will be evaluated for maturity and activity.

fishcake321

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: fishcake321
Birthday: January 18, 1996
Timezone: EST
How often do you play?: a few hours every day
When did you hear about feed the beast?: I got involved with FTB when it was only doing challenge maps
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: Direwolf20 on youtube and the reason I like playing with these mods is because of the interaction between them which makes anyone's imagination the limit to what you can do, its the perfect sandbox game perfected
About your personal life: I'm still in school, thats all im giving out to people I don't know
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: I usually play with a really fast & technical pace but recently I have just been casually playing with bees & trees, but with this update and the coming 1.6 update, I am going to go back to a faster pace
Greatest FTB achievements: a bee requesting system where I can create any bee with any traits I want all controlled by a computercraft touch screen, and my huge redpower frame bores
Why would you like be considered?: I just want to find a nice server with a great community where I can make cool stuff and have it not be greifed or stolen
Screenshots?: Sorry, I didn't think to take any when I was making some of my bigger projects

Dampf

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Dampfbart
Birthday: 26/9/1981
Timezone: UTC+1:00
How often do you play?: I usally play everyday for about 2-4 hours, sometimes up to 8 hours late into the night
When did you hear about feed the beast?: At the release of the FTB launcher
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: I played Tekkit and was looking for a new modpack.
About your personal life: I am an illustrator. My gaming pc is also my workplace. I paint pictures for the gaming industry (mostly tabletop games, sometimes smartphone and facebook games).
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: I enjoy the combination of the technical FTB part and beautiful buildings.
Do you have a YouTube channel?: No.
Greatest FTB achievements: A gregtech hard ultimate solarpanel and a big, beatiful building with lots of high end bees and mobfarms.
Why would you like be considered?: I really enjoy being part of creating a "new world". I know a lot about design (thats what i studied) and know how make things look good.
Sorry, I don't have any screenshots.

FitoMiner

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: fishcake321
Birthday: January 18, 1996
Timezone: EST
How often do you play?: a few hours every day
When did you hear about feed the beast?: I got involved with FTB when it was only doing challenge maps
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: Direwolf20 on youtube and the reason I like playing with these mods is because of the interaction between them which makes anyone's imagination the limit to what you can do, its the perfect sandbox game perfected
About your personal life: I'm still in school, thats all im giving out to people I don't know
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: I usually play with a really fast & technical pace but recently I have just been casually playing with bees & trees, but with this update and the coming 1.6 update, I am going to go back to a faster pace
Greatest FTB achievements: a bee requesting system where I can create any bee with any traits I want all controlled by a computercraft touch screen, and my huge redpower frame bores
Why would you like be considered?: I just want to find a nice server with a great community where I can make cool stuff and have it not be greifed or stolen
Screenshots?: Sorry, I didn't think to take any when I was making some of my bigger projects

[DOUBLEPOST=1374435758][/DOUBLEPOST]
IGN: Dampfbart
Birthday: 26/9/1981
Timezone: UTC+1:00
How often do you play?: I usally play everyday for about 2-4 hours, sometimes up to 8 hours late into the night
When did you hear about feed the beast?: At the release of the FTB launcher
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: I played Tekkit and was looking for a new modpack.
About your personal life: I am an illustrator. My gaming pc is also my workplace. I paint pictures for the gaming industry (mostly tabletop games, sometimes smartphone and facebook games).
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: I enjoy the combination of the technical FTB part and beautiful buildings.
Do you have a YouTube channel?: No.
Greatest FTB achievements: A gregtech hard ultimate solarpanel and a big, beatiful building with lots of high end bees and mobfarms.
Why would you like be considered?: I really enjoy being part of creating a "new world". I know a lot about design (thats what i studied) and know how make things look good.
Sorry, I don't have any screenshots.

Mini_Minis

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Mini_Minis
Birthday: 6 February 1990
Timezone: btc
How often do you play?: 6-8hrs a day
When did you hear about feed the beast?: around a year ago
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: Probably yogscast made me start and because it has forestry
About your personal life: I currently work in a shop
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: mainly ic2 and forestry mainly forestry
Do you have a YouTube channel?: www.youtube.com/fiksas100
Greatest FTB achievements: got quantum with gregtech on hard on a server
Why would you like be considered?: I want to start a letsplay series :) and meet new people
Please provide at least 3 photos or a video showing your FTB creations. Please fill in as much details as you can. The more the better. We like mature people, people who understand certain rules. Also, the pictures are not essential, just a proof of your best work. I get an error trying to upload

FitoMiner

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Mini_Minis
Birthday: 6 February 1990
Timezone: btc
How often do you play?: 6-8hrs a day
When did you hear about feed the beast?: around a year ago
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: Probably yogscast made me start and because it has forestry
About your personal life: I currently work in a shop
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: mainly ic2 and forestry mainly forestry
Do you have a YouTube channel?: www.youtube.com/fiksas100
Greatest FTB achievements: got quantum with gregtech on hard on a server
Why would you like be considered?: I want to start a letsplay series :) and meet new people
Please provide at least 3 photos or a video showing your FTB creations. Please fill in as much details as you can. The more the better. We like mature people, people who understand certain rules. Also, the pictures are not essential, just a proof of your best work. I get an error trying to upload

Xiges

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: SilverSinX
Birthday: September 5th, 1996
Timezone: UTC -5
How often do you play?: Every day for unhealthily extended periods of time
When did you hear about feed the beast?: When it was first Slow/Jade on their streams when FTB wasn't even out yet
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: Slow and Jaded on Twitch
About your personal life: I'm in school o.o
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: I do a lot of techy stuff. If it can be automated, I will automate it. If it can't, I will still probably succeed in automating it. I've recently started to try and make stuff look nice but.. It's a work in progess xD Oh, and bees!
Do you have a YouTube channel?: Don't really use it, but youtube.com/xiges I've been starting to stream a bit on twitch as well xD
Greatest FTB achievements: End-game in Ultimate, had basically everything you can get and then some, with fully automated machinery, farms, etc.
Why would you like be considered?: Wellp, I'm great at making random, weird, innovative contraptions and I enjoy helping people out :D
Please provide at least 3 photos or a video showing your FTB creations. Please fill in as much details as you can. The more the better. We like mature people, people who understand certain rules. Also, the pictures are not essential, just a proof of your best work. I'm not really one to take screenshots as a bunch of pipes and machines rarely looks.. Pretty ...... Yeah.

FitoMiner

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: SilverSinX
Birthday: September 5th, 1996
Timezone: UTC -5
How often do you play?: Every day for unhealthily extended periods of time
When did you hear about feed the beast?: When it was first Slow/Jade on their streams when FTB wasn't even out yet
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: Slow and Jaded on Twitch
About your personal life: I'm in school o.o
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: I do a lot of techy stuff. If it can be automated, I will automate it. If it can't, I will still probably succeed in automating it. I've recently started to try and make stuff look nice but.. It's a work in progess xD Oh, and bees!
Do you have a YouTube channel?: Don't really use it, but youtube.com/xiges I've been starting to stream a bit on twitch as well xD
Greatest FTB achievements: End-game in Ultimate, had basically everything you can get and then some, with fully automated machinery, farms, etc.
Why would you like be considered?: Wellp, I'm great at making random, weird, innovative contraptions and I enjoy helping people out :D
Please provide at least 3 photos or a video showing your FTB creations. Please fill in as much details as you can. The more the better. We like mature people, people who understand certain rules. Also, the pictures are not essential, just a proof of your best work. I'm not really one to take screenshots as a bunch of pipes and machines rarely looks.. Pretty ...... Yeah.

AlphaTwist

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: AlphaTwist
Birthday: 07/01/98
Timezone: BST
How often do you play?: Hour atleast on week days and about 3 hours on sunday. Not very active on sunday because that's when I go out with friends.
When did you hear about feed the beast?: About 2 weeks after launch from one of DireWolf20's videos.
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: Youtube, I like to play it because i learned everything about vanilla and ftb made minecraft feel new again so i began to play it like it was a new game and enjoyed it.
About your personal life: I am currently studying at SWSC going into Yr 11. I have a boyfriend who i have been with for going on 2 years and my hobbies include: Minecraft; Basketball and Rock Climbing.
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: I am functional person in regards to FTB because i choose function over apearance.
Do you have a YouTube channel?: Not at the moment.
Greatest FTB achievements: Automated house creation via turtles.
Why would you like be considered?: It seems private so i believe it will have less griefers, I believe I can bring a advanced knowledge of FTB to your server to help others.
Please provide at least 3 photos or a video showing your FTB creations. Please fill in as much details as you can. The more the better. We like mature people, people who understand certain rules. Also, the pictures are not essential, just a proof of your best work. Most of my creations have the wires ect hidden if screenshots of these would still like to be seen i will be happy to, although i cannot record due to FPS issues.

Your Sincerely AlphaTwist

Hippo

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: iPPoeoeoeoeoe
Birthday: 24.03.1992 (D.M.Y)
Timezone: GMT+1
How often do you play?: Normally 1-2 hours/day, depends on day to day business. Might be 8 hours one day and none other days. (Life of a student)
When did you hear about feed the beast?: Direwolf20 vs Nearbygamer on the 1v1 challenge, before FTB became a Modpack hoster.
How'd you discover Feed the Beast and what makes you want to play?: Minecraft mods since 1.5, need i say more?
About your personal life: I'm currently studying computer science at university, being a geek its good to chill out with some nice games like minecraft.
If you have played ftb before what kind of style do you have?: Normally a technical startup, then goes over into trying to blend in all the different mods to keep my knowledge at the front.
Do you have a YouTube channel?: Only a account to keep my subscriptions at one spot.
Greatest FTB achievements: 4 x fusion reactor in ultimate 1.1.2, as Silver said above, maxed out with more then i can want with everything.
Why would you like be considered?: I'm curious about the new modpack, and want to experience the SMP aspect of it, as well as learning the new mods. This server seems like a nice place with great people.
Please provide at least 3 photos or a video showing your FTB creations. Please fill in as much details as you can. The more the better. We like mature people, people who understand certain rules. Also, the pictures are not essential, just a proof of your best work. If you wanna see a bunch of cables in an abstract shape with redstone, give me a shout. Other than that, not many pics are being taken.