New Mod Packs ***Released***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCyberTronn

Jul 29, 2019
I'd compare Unleashed to Mindcrack without Gregtech honestly.

Whoever made the Unleashed pack had a great sense of mod balance IMO (N. Ores and Reliquary).

So what's the main pack now? (Unleashed / Ultimate / Unhinged (i doubt unhinged, it's a tad too tedious))

I'd like to think it's unleashed because there appears to be (slightly) less controversy surrounding it.

TheCyberTronn

Jul 29, 2019
Its a shame Red Power 2 cant be in any of the mod packs since it hasnt been updated. Looks like Im going have to revert to vanilla redstone or learn my way around Minefactory Reloaded's way of doing redstone
If you want to know more, Dire's been doing a LOT with it recently. Check out his 3 part MFR Spotlight (IMO, you only need parts one and two) and keep up to date with his series. It's really informative!

Reactions: jokermatt999

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Am I reading that wrong, or are both adv solars and compact solars going to be in unleashed?

TheCyberTronn

Jul 29, 2019
Am I reading that wrong, or are both adv solars and compact solars going to be in unleashed?

Yup. Probably because they're slightly different and it depends quite a lot on the player's play style. I prefer Compact Solars but that's a personal opinion.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019

I confirm your eyes do not have any problems.

But honestly their both balanced. Adv. needs rare materials and stuff. Compact needs STACKS of tons of stuff.

Zulef

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be playing the Unhinged one, I kind of like the slower pace that GT adds, otherwise I find I get bored of my world after a couple days, though will be adding the Binnie mods & Natura (assmuing they don't conflict with something). Also going to put TCon back in (again assuming it will work).

Gamingclone

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wait XBXL has been updated to 1.6.2... so then i imagine that there would be a 1.5.2 verson of the mod. Well then I guess direwolf decided to go with BoP since thats the biomes related mod that is currently on forgecraft.

Wulven

Jul 29, 2019
So nice to see things keep moving along here. Also nice to not have to spout garbled numbers and text anymore (Unleashed vs 152ngt .8, heh)
Few concerns though... Are these packs being pushed as is right now? Or is further work being done/considered regarding updating or anything of the sort? Of note, going just off what first caught my eye (forgive my favoritism), Unleashed has a few mods not completely up to date (Dartcraft 0.1.17 > 0.1.18, TinkersConstruct 1.3.6.7 >> 1.4.1.x, etc)
Can't wait, thanks for your team's continued work and for actually keeping the community up to date recently. ~

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Might have something to do with that it's going to be merged with underground bioms and another mod that I don't recall. It would make incorporating it with other mods that add world gen extremely problematic. Though I could be wrong. All 3rd hand information.

Just letting you know that Dire's Pack does have Extra Bees/Trees its in the Binnie's Mods mod

Reactions: Vauthil

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
If Unhinged is supposed to be "hard mode", why is AE there and why doesn't GregTech do anything to it?
Because AE only deals in storage, crafting and a non-laggy/crashy form of item transportation. It doesn't add any overpowering machines that does the job of an end-game machine within the first 5 minutes or things that are just plainly bad for gameplay.

With the release of Unhinged and Unleashed, does this mean that the Ultimate Pack will no longer be released?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Because AE only deals in storage, crafting and a non-laggy/crashy form of item transportation. It doesn't add any overpowering machines that does the job of an end-game machine within the first 5 minutes or things that are just plainly bad for gameplay.

With the release of Unhinged and Unleashed, does this mean that the Ultimate Pack will no longer be released?

I think it will be less prioritized. It should be updated, since its somewhere between Unleashed and Unhinged, for people like me: who think Unhinged is too much of a pain and Unleashed is kinda easy.

Templar Thano

Jul 29, 2019

Do not forget its rather expensive to set up a decent system and can be VERY demanding on your power grid.

and i think Unleashed is for the most part the Ultimate pack sans a hand full of mods

Reactions: jokermatt999

Vermillion

Jul 29, 2019
I think it will be less prioritized. It should be updated, since its somewhere between Unleashed and Unhinged, for people like me: who think Unhinged is too much of a pain and Unleashed is kinda easy.
Due to the wishes of Greg and mDiyo, Tinker's Construct and GregTech cannot be put together in an FTB pack. If the Ultimate Pack is to continue, it would be without Tinker's Construct as the majority of ultimate users are still using the real 1.4.7 full release which contains GregTech and no Tinker.

In any case, the majority of mods in both packs are almost the same and diversity needs to be added between the techiness of the Unhinged pack and a Craftiness of the Unleashed Pack. GalactiCraft in the Unhinged pack would definitely fit with the tech level. Unleashed without GregTech doesn't quite reach the tech level of space ships. With say... immibis's microblocks in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.