I heard you liked Iridium

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So today I was checking my Youtube feeds and one of channels I like updated this video and it reminded that many people play modded minecraft but often many don't know much about the various materials mods chose to use.

So if you would like a little more information on Iridium check out this video.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
I read most of the stuff I know about it on Wikipedia.
And a bunch of other metals in gregtech/other mods.
Turns out Greg is right about how you get your metals and stuff.
But he is wrong about aluminium. It's actually aluminum.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Periodic videos make some great chemistry vids - nice to see there's one on everyone's favourite metal :)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not saying he was wrong. Just more a hey this is interesting info. Ive been watching this guys channel for awhile just kind of popped in my head with all the GT threads that I'm sure many out there might not know and might actually want to learn a bit about this sort of thing. Maybe even check out the guys other videos on elements.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Not saying he was wrong. Just more a hey this is interesting info. Ive been watching this guys channel for awhile just kind of popped in my head with all the GT threads that I'm sure many out there might not know and might actually want to learn a bit about this sort of thing. Maybe even check out the guys other videos on elements.
Nah, Greg isn't wrong about much in his mod (err, he wasn't until his recent updates), but like I just said, he's wrong about aluminum's name. Come to think of it, he calls steel Fe (pure iron). I reported it on his thread, but he didn't think it was a big enough reason to change a tool tip :I.
And now that I think of it even more I think he's wrong about his chemical names alot...
But the methods of obtaining metals and (most) of his items are realistic. (somewhat)
And my apologies for derailing this thread a bit. It's an old quirk of mine...

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
That professor makes me want to switch into chemistry. If I had an engineering professor as fun as that guy, oh my.

Though, engineering professors are fun in their own right, heh. =)[DOUBLEPOST=1374270878][/DOUBLEPOST]

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
If you read the article you're citing, you'll note that the element's discoverer, Humphry Davy, originally named the element Aluminum.

The IUPAC adopted aluminium before recognizing aluminum as acceptable, as said in the first paragraph, which I am sure has reason for being before what Davy named it.

Reactions: the_j485

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
The IUPAC adopted aluminium before recognizing aluminum as acceptable, as said in the first paragraph, which I am sure has reason for being before what Davy named it.
Are you sure?
Because on EVERYTHING I've EVER seen on anything related to aluminum said aluminum. Machinery, the raw metal, etc.
I never once saw one that said aluminium.
Also: IOS autocorrects aluminium to aluminum.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Old chemistry professors still call aluminum, aluminium. Go figure.

It's not that unbelievable.

CesIUM, calcIUM, the few -brIUMs.

Lord Wumbo

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure?
Because on EVERYTHING I've EVER seen on anything related to aluminum said aluminum. Machinery, the raw metal, etc.
I never once saw one that said aluminium.
Also: IOS autocorrects aluminium to aluminum.

Really? Google Chrome on my laptop says aluminum should be corrected to aluminium. Probably a localization thing like colour and color, right?