Tinker's Alloys

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
'Mighty Smelting' mentions other alloy combinations besides what is listed in the book. However test world experimentation and google searches are yielding me nothing on these 'secret' recipes. Do they exist yet?

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
You can make bronze out of copper and tin :3 I don't think that's mentioned in the book.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
There aren't any.

It's just hinting that there may be new alloys in the future, I think.

:( In NEI it appears you can make steel somehow. I tried smelting coal but no effect. Also where does it tell you the tool forge recipe? I can find it in NEI but no the books.

You can make bronze out of copper and tin :3 I don't think that's mentioned in the book.

It is the version of Mighty Smelting I have.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

masterventris

Jul 29, 2019
Steel can only be aquired by smelting any chainmail items that get dropped as loot from mobs.

The tool forge recipe is in the first book, but I guess not if the book was given to you before that update (it's in the book when I started a new world this week). Spawn a new first book from NEI (it might even have a legit crafting recipe).

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
Steel can only be aquired by smelting any chainmail items that get dropped as loot from mobs.

The tool forge recipe is in the first book, but I guess not if the book was given to you before that update (it's in the book when I started a new world this week). Spawn a new first book from NEI (it might even have a legit crafting recipe).

Hey, hey! Does that work with all armor dropped by mobs? I was missing my RP2 Alloy Furnace but maybe no more! What about buckets and iron tools?

Also when I looked in NEI apparently any TC metal block, not just Iron, can be used for a tool forge. Makes different colored legs too. Show how rich you are with a Manuyllan tool forge.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, hey! Does that work with all armor dropped by mobs? I was missing my RP2 Alloy Furnace but maybe no more! What about buckets and iron tools?

Also when I looked in NEI apparently any TC metal block, not just Iron, can be used for a tool forge. Makes different colored legs too. Show how rich you are with a Manuyllan tool forge.

Don't forget to repair your chainmail with iron ingots to get the best value out of it ;).

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Will that lead to yielding an extra piece of steel?

I don't even think you can smelt down broken armor (not entirely sure though), but rather than merging two chainmail pieces of armor to get a full one, you can just use iron and repair both. This way, you don't loose precious chainmail :p.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
I got ya. Turns out you can recover buckets(so you can transmute other metals into iron via buckets) but not shears, iron tools, or even TC tool parts made of iron or steel.

masterventris

Jul 29, 2019
Smeltery recipes say they will melt armor, minecarts, buckets, ore, ingots, oreberries and blocks. Weapons dont seem to be in there, probably because they have wood in the recipe whereas nothing else does.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Smeltery recipes say they will melt armor, minecarts, buckets, ore, ingots, oreberries and blocks. Weapons dont seem to be in there, probably because they have wood in the recipe whereas nothing else does.

Minecart tracks have wood and iirc they can be smelted into Iron.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I did this. It's not that much, but you may as well do it. The bucket of water has more uses now. I never cleared rails on mining trips until now.
i just wonder if TC does take RC`s track recipe int account, so it wont result into iron dupe

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Well the alloy furnace returned 1-1 ratio of iron from armour and tools. i.e. If I put a pick in, it'll give back 3 iron. (1.4.7 at least)

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Once again, you'll have to double check yourself. I don't intend on exploiting something like that, might ruin the game?

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Once again, you'll have to double check yourself. I don't intend on exploiting something like that, might ruin the game?
just installed latest version of TC and checked. it takes less than 6 iron to make 32 tracks(RC recipe), smelting those tracks will result in 12 iron ingots.