Biomes O' Plenty for 1.6.2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
What is the point you come to this thread and just saying you like more biomes.

It feels like insulting the BoP developers and just walkaway.

Post it on more biomes thread please if there is any. Rather than posting it here. Appreciate the devs

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: PeggleFrank

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting a crash because the some poison liquid isn't loading I am on my phone will post a log latter though but anybody else having the same problem

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
What is the point you come to this thread and just saying you like more biomes.

It feels like insulting the BoP developers and just walkaway.

Post it on more biomes thread please if there is any. Rather than posting it here. Appreciate the devs

I never said i didn't like BoP. I do appreciate the devs. What is wrong with liking Extrabiomes better?

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
How do people not like BOP or think that Highlands or EBXL is better? BOP has far superior biomes to Highlands, and, although I do think some biomes are better in EBXL than the same biomes in BOP (Ex: the Redwood Forest biome is better in EBXL than in BOP), BOP has so much more of a variety. EBXL I find very boring now. I've used all the FTB packs, and they basically all have EBXL. Been there, done that. Theres nothing new in EBXL. There just isn't enough variety in EBXL. BOP now has probably 80+ bomes, vs. 30-40 that EBXL and Highlands have. And at least BOP gets new biomes commonly, unlike the other biomes mods.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
How do people not like BOP or think that Highlands or EBXL is better? BOP has far superior biomes to Highlands, and, although I do think some biomes are better in EBXL than the same biomes in BOP (Ex: the Redwood Forest biome is better in EBXL than in BOP), BOP has so much more of a variety. EBXL I find very boring now. I've used all the FTB packs, and they basically all have EBXL. Been there, done that. Theres nothing new in EBXL. There just isn't enough variety in EBXL. BOP now has probably 80+ bomes, vs. 30-40 that EBXL and Highlands have. And at least BOP gets new biomes commonly, unlike the other biomes mods.

Oh really? Whenever a mod has more of something it must be better? You will need to adjust your view on mods or you will get disappointed someday....

Does BOP have biomes which use the full world height of 256? (Not just trees which stick into it, i mean actual mountains etc) Just because YOU think its better doesn't mean it is. And some of the biomes of BOP just hurt my eyes with their colours. And if i want to find a specific biome with BOP i have to search for AGES instead of only some time with the other 2 mods.
And does BOP have subbiomes/borderbiomes to make up for the bad placement of biomes in minecraft (desert next to snow?). Or real Lakes (not just ponds) which are not next to a ocean just divided by 1 line of blocks. Or islands in the ocean?
Don't get me wrong BOP is good i just don't think it is the answer to everything and no other mod beats it.

PS:
This is entirely my opinion and does not reflect what FTB says on this topic!

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Add BoP and EXBL. Then add Better World Gen 4. When you start a new world, select the BWG4 from world type.

Best worlds imho.

Don't remember if bwg4 has support for highlands or UB, though.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Oh really? Whenever a mod has more of something it must be better? You will need to adjust your view on mods or you will get disappointed someday....

Does BOP have biomes which use the full world height of 256? (Not just trees which stick into it, i mean actual mountains etc) Just because YOU think its better doesn't mean it is. And some of the biomes of BOP just hurt my eyes with their colours. And if i want to find a specific biome with BOP i have to search for AGES instead of only some time with the other 2 mods.
And does BOP have subbiomes/borderbiomes to make up for the bad placement of biomes in minecraft (desert next to snow?). Or real Lakes (not just ponds) which are not next to a ocean just divided by 1 line of blocks. Or islands in the ocean?
Don't get me wrong BOP is good i just don't think it is the answer to everything and no other mod beats it.

PS:
I think that Machu1299 should respect other people's opinions. But you can't tell him to adjust his way he views mods. That is life. You can't change him. But I don't like BOP because of the colors. I prefer Extra biomes xl and Highlands because of the colors. Also EBXL will have full world hight biomes.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
I never said i didn't like BoP. I do appreciate the devs. What is wrong with liking Extrabiomes better?

Nothing wrong with that but don't express it right here will ya? Express it in the extra biomes forum

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019

PS:

I believe they are looking into making 256 height mountains as a future feature. They still lack some things like proper biome separation so its not so hard on the eyes going from something like the deadlands biome to giant flowers. Border biomes are the best big thing brought to you by Terrain Gen! :p
I think with massive Biome # like in BoP (and soon all biom mods) they need to add some sort of item that helps a user track down biomes. Maybe something like how enderpearls work, but instead of you tossing it, you point it in differant directions and it gives you rough estimates. Im not sure how well it would work though as you have to be places to let the biomes generate in the first place. Remember; you can turn off individual biomes. Choice is always good.

If you really want to have a Biomegasm have a look at these. http://kartwork.de/tutorial/html/index.html

Add BoP and EXBL. Then add Better World Gen 4. When you start a new world, select the BWG4 from world type.

Best worlds imho.

Don't remember if bwg4 has support for highlands or UB, though.

What manner of ambrosia is this!?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
On my phone so I don't have a link. Look up Better World Generation 4 on the minecraft forums.

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
What do people hate about BOP as far as colors go? The skys, the world gen blocks, what? You can disable the biomes and the sky colors if thats what you don't like.

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019

PS:

This I find really funny: "Just because YOU think its better doesn't mean it is." then: "P.S. This is entirely my opinion and does not reflect what FTB says on this topic!" Since when is YOUR opinion a fact that goes for everyone?

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
After playing on ftb with extra biomes and starting over with bop i have come to the conclusion that i would rather play on the vanilla biomes then extra biomes if bop wasnt around. There are some serious "wow i cannot believe this is randomly generated" moments playing with bop. Extra biomes has never had the wow factor going for me.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
The mod has been part of my spreadsheed for ages, I just never mixed them up.

Ah, I love bwg4. Just the world gen from it is so much better than the others imho. Add in support for the other biome mods into its world gen and it becomes purely amazing.

Add in the fact that you can configure what biomes you want in the world when you create the world, instead of having to change config files, and it just makes it a must have.

Edit: add in that I apparently like to start my sentences with "add in"

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
I think that Machu1299 should respect other people's opinions. But you can't tell him to adjust his way he views mods. That is life. You can't change him. But I don't like BOP because of the colors. I prefer Extra biomes xl and Highlands because of the colors. Also EBXL will have full world hight biomes.
I did not want to tell him he has to but i admit that my wording isn't always the best and it might result in some confusion.

This I find really funny: "Just because YOU think its better doesn't mean it is." then: "P.S. This is entirely my opinion and does not reflect what FTB says on this topic!" Since when is YOUR opinion a fact that goes for everyone?
Did i state my opinion as fact? I just pointed at flaws in BOP which are handled better by other biome mods. I might have been a bit rude about what i think of his post but i never said my opinion has to be the one of everyone. And the PS had to be done otherwise people would quote me and say "This is what the FTB crew thinks about this topic" which is not true. It happened once...
Maybe i should do it like the Moderators and use another color if i post as a team member.

Machu1299

Jul 29, 2019
I did not want to tell him he has to but i admit that my wording isn't always the best and it might result in some confusion.

Did i state my opinion as fact? I just pointed at flaws in BOP which are handled better by other biome mods. I might have been a bit rude about what i think of his post but i never said my opinion has to be the one of everyone. And the PS had to be done otherwise people would quote me and say "This is what the FTB crew thinks about this topic" which is not true. It happened once...
Maybe i should do it like the Moderators and use another color if i post as a team member.

I know your not trying to say that your opinion has to be the opinion of many, I just said I think its funny how those two phrases makes it sound like thats what you are implying. I'm sorry if I'm causing trouble, I wasn't meaning to.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
I like Bop, but I've found that the colors are annoying and transitioning from biome to biome is often jarring. I'm hearing good things about highlands and I really like the pics I've seen, so I'm gonna give it a try.