Chicken_Bones has been busy, introducing Forge MultiPart!

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if he'll be able to integrate with Optifine's connected textures.

That's the one thing that's always bugged me about facades and microblocks. On something like a grass block, it looks awful because I can tell that it's a cover and not actual grass.

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019
My "This will change everything" comment was kind of sarcastic, but I seriously think that if this does what I think it does, it will literally change everything.

If this is an API that any mod can use, it would be amazing to have blocks that can overlap.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I wonder if he'll be able to integrate with Optifine's connected textures.

That's the one thing that's always bugged me about facades and microblocks. On something like a grass block, it looks awful because I can tell that it's a cover and not actual grass.

Even better, have forge support CTM, custom colours and random mobs natively, so there's no need for Optifine unless you need the FPS help.
Under 1.5.2 I've noticed an increase in FPS when using a 64x texture pack, but I need CTM, so am forced to use Optifine.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Even better, have forge support CTM, custom colours and random mobs natively, so there's no need for Optifine unless you need the FPS help.
Under 1.5.2 I've noticed an increase in FPS when using a 64x texture pack, but I need CTM, so am forced to use Optifine.

The issue there is that a lot of people (me included) use optifine mainly for graphics customisation. You see, I like fancy trees and 3D items, but I hate the stupid vignette feature. When it's dark enough, you can see a freaking oval on your screen. It's so ugly.

Also, MCPatcher has CTM and random mobs, but I'm not sure if it plays ball with forge.

FtbBossWhoIsAw3s0m3

Jul 29, 2019
The issue there is that a lot of people (me included) use optifine mainly for graphics customisation. You see, I like fancy trees and 3D items, but I hate the stupid vignette feature. When it's dark enough, you can see a freaking oval on your screen. It's so ugly.

Also, MCPatcher has CTM and random mobs, but I'm not sure if it plays ball with forge.

it does

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I've never got it to work, always found Forge overrode the changes that MCPatcher makes, and MCPatcher refuses to load the Minecraft jar when modified by Forge.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I know some one that could die in creative aint that right Devon :),"& dont forget to turn off the grinders this time!!, thats it your bared".

Spaceshipable

Jul 29, 2019
This would be nice if developers implemented this into their cables so we could have multiple types of cables in a single block. :)

How would that work in theory? maybe they would take up 1/4 of a block similar to the half slabs? That would be awesome! travelling round corners might be a problem though as some cables might need to cross over.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
from one side, its an innocent stone block. on the other, omgdiamond-ill-ignore-a-stupidly-obvious-trap-block.

mix-n-match woods.

you can have a gold-iron-emerald-diamond block!

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
from one side, its an innocent stone block. on the other, omgdiamond-ill-ignore-a-stupidly-obvious-trap-block.

mix-n-match woods.

you can have a gold-iron-emerald-diamond block!
Being able to mix match partial blocks from all mods would be a freaking godsend.

Reactions: Flipz