New Texturepack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
I am proud to announce that a new Texture Pack is now available on the launcher.

This Texture pack is the John Smith Technicians remix, and it is currently available for Ultimate, Mindcrack and Direwolf20.

Go download it and try it out!

jesse6402

Jul 29, 2019
Granted that I am a little new to FTB, about a month, but I have seen that a couple of these texture packs recommend optifine for use in conjunction with them, so if its not to much to ask/recommend, could we also put a link in the texture pack area of the FTB launcher to the most recent optifine download?

Reactions: Francis Baster

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
Granted that I am a little new to FTB, about a month, but I have seen that a couple of these texture packs recommend optifine for use in conjunction with them, so if its not to much to ask/recommend, could we also put a link in the texture pack area of the FTB launcher to the most recent optifine download?

we dont have permission to distribute Optifine, so the best we could do is a link to the forum. i guess i could always make the word 'Optifine' in the description take you to the Minecraft Forum page. i'll do that now actually

EDIT: This should be done now. underline = link

MrCooner

Jul 29, 2019
Looks really good! Only thing I've noticed so far is that there's no texture for Paved Stone Bricks. I can see through my floor into all the cave systems.

sorvance

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, very nice looking texture pack. The only texture I could find missing was the Advanced Nano Chestplate. Some of the graphics for the gregtech/machines looked a bit too plain for my tastes, but I love the medieval look and feel of everything else. Very well done.

Maharl

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, Is it just me or for the machines like the singularity compressor, is it just a bunch of weird texture?

Philo

Jul 29, 2019
Big thumbs up to the modpack team!

The JohnSmith has always been my favourite TP, I run it on Vanilla and FTB, and without it Minecraft simply ... doesn't look like Minecraft to me. Offering it via the launcher will give it a big boost, which should not only be a reward for the people presently taking care of it, but also attract the attention of potential contributors, I hope.

Well done and keep up the good work!

Reactions: Ashzification

Philo

Jul 29, 2019
Those villager faces...
... are immensely ugly, oh yes. Same applies to ghast and slime faces.
They all (except the female farmer and the witch) are not original, i.e. did not exist in the last version of this TP released by John Smith himself. In my opinion, they don't match the spirit of this texture pack at all, which is why simply deleting them from the pack is my first cosmetic change after downloading a new version. I only leave the farmer and witch textures in the /mob/villager folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.