New Texturepack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintKenneth

Jul 29, 2019
... are immensely ugly, oh yes. Same applies to ghast and slime faces.
They all (except the female farmer and the witch) are not original, i.e. did not exist in the last version of this TP released by John Smith himself. In my opinion, they don't match the spirit of this texture pack at all, which is why simply deleting them from the pack is my first cosmetic change after downloading a new version. I only leave the farmer and witch textures in the /mob/villager folder.
Well, I find them...mildly disturbing, rather then ugly, especially the non-big nose villager face.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Missing textures for the circuit parts that came out of gregtech :(
in addition, alot of other textures are missing for machines from gregtech too.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
In next launcher these will need to be renamed to resource packs. As you can also change audio as well now.

OMG

Jul 29, 2019
I am proud to announce that a new Texture Pack is now available on the launcher.

This Texture pack is the John Smith Technicians remix, and it is currently available for Ultimate, Mindcrack and Direwolf20.

Go download it and try it out!

Hey guys at FTB could you get the Sphax purebdcraft for yogcraft mod, please.

Adjgamer321

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! My friend and I have a Youtube channel and I was going to record some gameplay from the ftb ultimate, can I record and monetize the video with this pack? Thanks!

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! My friend and I have a Youtube channel and I was going to record some gameplay from the ftb ultimate, can I record and monetize the video with this pack? Thanks!

I believe all the Mindcrack people do it without problems, so the answer's almost certainly yes.

Katekyi

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure who to tell this to but the JohnSmith pack doesnt have the quicksilver flower in it. The graphic says it needs an update.

Philo

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure who to tell this to but the JohnSmith pack doesnt have the quicksilver flower in it. The graphic says it needs an update.
That texture certainly exists in the (older) version of JSTR that I am still using. Must have gone MIA somehow....
You could try this thread for a bug report.

Ronbob55

Jul 29, 2019
Pardon my noobness here but I'm a bit confused. There are two Diewwolf20 mod packs on the launcher, one uses MC 1.4.7 and the other uses 1.5.2. I've played the 1.4.7 and wanted to try the 1.5.2. I choose the latest version 1.1.6 and then go to the texture pack options. I choose the JSTR and then open the drop down menu to select the mod pack and it only shows one DW20 pack. It doesn't specify which of the DW20 packs. So I select the only DW20 listed and get to the in-game texture pack option. There is no JSTR listed, only the default.

So I go look at the folders and notice that the launcher loaded the JSTR into the textures folder of the DW20 1.4.7. So for grins I copy it from there over to the DW 1.5.2 (still using the in-game texture option). Once in the game I see a new GUI but all the other textures are still the default.

Also, The launcher states "Direwolf20 1.5 v2 (v1.1.3) Minecraft Version 1.5.2" on the mod pack list. Does this mean that v1.1.3 should be used and not the latest v1.1.6 that I chose?

So what am I not understanding here?

On a side note this same thing happens when I try using Soartex so I just assume that Soartex may not work with MC 1.5.2.

Xris

Jul 29, 2019
Ron good questions, lets see.

The texture packs are all for 1.4.7 if I remember correctly that they will load some of the textures in 1.5.2 but it brakes a lot, though it has been some time since I looked at the texture packs for ftb. In Direwolf20v2-1.5.2 the version that they still recommend is 1.1.3 but to be honest I am not sure as to why? I think that 1.1.3 might have the less crashes but I would love to hear others thoughts on this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.