How do i ender chest into an ME system

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
I have a pouch, A pipe. And An ME system

But i cant pipe into an ME it seems, What do?

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Just get a regular Import Bus, then you don't have to choose.

What do you mean "regular" import bus ._.

EDIt: I looked it up, It must be on a newer version of AE or something because it isn't in my present version (Ultimate recommended)

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
What do you mean "regular" import bus ._.

Basic Import Buses ("ME Basic Import Bus") will take in all objects contained by the connected inventory, without regard to type, content, durability, as long as the ME network has space and power. That'll slurp /everything/ into your storage bays. ((You should also be able to just attach it to the Ender Chest, and not even need to mess with pipes at all.)) Precision and Fuzzy Buses are for when you only want to move specific items.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
There is no regular, It must be in a later version or something
You have two options. You can use an import bus (in 1.4.7 there is only one type) which will suck items out of the ender chest and into your network.

Or if you prefer you can use an ME Storage Bus. The storage bus makes the inside of the chest part of your ME network. By default anything there can be sucked into crafting jobs or access terminals, but stays in the chest.

Finally, it is worth noting you can pipe into an ME network. Pipe into an ME interface block and it will vanish into the network unless you configure it otherwise.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
You have two options. You can use an import bus (in 1.4.7 there is only one type) which will suck items out of the ender chest and into your network.

Or if you prefer you can use an ME Storage Bus. The storage bus makes the inside of the chest part of your ME network. By default anything there can be sucked into crafting jobs or access terminals, but stays in the chest.

Finally, it is worth noting you can pipe into an ME network. Pipe into an ME interface block and it will vanish into the network unless you configure it otherwise.

The pipe wouldn't connect to the- OOOOH an interface block, Good idea i'll try that in the morning

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The pipe wouldn't connect to the- OOOOH an interface block, Good idea i'll try that in the morning
You know what'd be nice, guys? The ability to set your MAC to craft something while in the field. I know that Logistics Pipes can. I should add LP again...

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I want to have an ender chest linked to an ME system so i can put items in my ender pouch on the fly and empty my inventory from afar

The easy easy easy mode for this is import busses. Just remember to get your power situation sorted.

Enjoy your easy recipes while you can. Dear lord does AE become tediously expensive in 1.5.*.

Bevo

Jul 29, 2019
Just put an import bus on the chest. Then right click the bus and you should get a gui. On the gui set it to pull stacks. Then you should be good to go. :)

68859230.jpg

Reactions: Poppycocks