Bee Paradise! v0.23alpha, Ultimate Pack v1.0.1

Wallo

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, well, you can also create blaze rods using a gregtech uu matter recipe, and you can get a matter fabricator with power and scrap without using blaze rods, the only things you can exclusively obtain using the minium stone, unless you travel to another age, are the spruce and jungle saplings and melons, which can be miniumed using a pumpkin, which you can get from a scrap box, and basalt cobblestone. So it depends how hardcore you want to make the map, or if you allow the player to create another age to get some items which cannot be gotten from the overworld, or just vendor said items and then you technically wont have to use the minium stone to obtain things

Oh and you might want to add marble and basalt cobble and maybe red cobble( in exchange for clay) and such things to a vendor, so that we can make our bases, or whatever, a little bit more appealing, since those blocks don't have that much of a function, as in obtaining items early on

And is there a way to obtain any iridium, because i havent found one yet, and if I'm not mistaken, you need iridium to create the matter fabricator?

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Platinum bee's -> Platinum dust in Industrial Cent -> Iridium Nugget.

can we get Jungle Saplings added to one of the Vendors.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I will do that as soon as I can port the map over to 1.0.2. Wait, are you using the map on Ultimate 1.0.2 or 1?

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate 1.0.2, no problems so far, finishing up Royal, and Industrious bee lines, and starting metal bee's.

Also, why not just edit the biomes in the Overworld, so that there all in the same Dimension ? would make things alot easier.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I cheated in Chunk Loaders for doing bees in other dimensions. It gets irritating to have to sit on a 3x3 platform so that your bees work, and you won't even get a reasonable number of honeycombs from them

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yeah, I need to add Chunk Loaders. Also, I tried biome changing, but MCEdit doesn't like modded MC. So it refused to change.

senderfn

Jul 29, 2019
I changed biomes with biomepainter. It works, but Forestry is laggy with biomechanges. That means that every apiary cries "hostile environment" from time to time.

MrDuckemy

Jul 29, 2019
Would worldedit work for biome changing? I'm pretty sure I saw a 'set biome' command in there somewhere...

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Small update!
= Works with Ultimate 1.0.2
+ 7 size square chunkloaders for every world.
+ Aesthetic Villager, One comb per aesthetic block: Marble, Basalt, and Red Rock.
+ Spruce, Jungle, and Oak saplings added to starter chest.
EDIT: The map is easily ported. First, break all your modded items, including the lecterns, grabbing the books first. Go into MCEdit and make a villager selling one regular Honeycomb for Marble, Basalt, and Red Rock.
Give yourself 6 chunkloaders. Add one Chunkloader to every world and set it to size 7 and Square. Then give yourself one Spruce, Jungle, and Oak sapling. Poof! All done.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Any way, biomepainter works great for adding the biomes to the overworld, the only problem I seen was that you need to give the biomes a large area in order for them to work correctly, too small of a area and minecraft freaks out.

Attachments

• 2013-04-28_02.04.49.png
    2013-04-28_02.04.49.png
    235.1 KB · Views: 193

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Well Mystcraft's one chunk biomes seem to be fine. I added the chunkloaders anyway, I don't know how big the biomes should be, in case people wanted even more bees. So, I made the ages. Goreae, how have you been doing on the map? I hope you are able to upgrade successfully.
Remember, all modded items must be broken, otherwise MCEdit deletes them and their contents.

ezendiba

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying this out aswell :D Started yesterday. Now i've got lots of common drones and a few cultivated apiary's. Getting Noble and Diligent now :) Gives minecraft a goal, really nice!! :D

Reactions: whizzball1

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I just started on this map, I wanted to learn the bees. I had a strange thing happen though. I put in a meadows queen into my starter apiary, and when it died... it was marshy. So very very strange.

I'm using the Ultimate v 1.1.2.

Edit: Is it considered cheating to switch to easy briefly to get bones from skeletons?

Reactions: whizzball1

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying this out aswell :D Started yesterday. Now i've got lots of common drones and a few cultivated apiary's. Getting Noble and Diligent now :) Gives minecraft a goal, really nice!! :D
Thanks!
I just started on this map, I wanted to learn the bees. I had a strange thing happen though. I put in a meadows queen into my starter apiary, and when it died... it was marshy. So very very strange.

I'm using the Ultimate v 1.1.2.

Edit: Is it considered cheating to switch to easy briefly to get bones from skeletons?
It's fine to change to easy.
It died into Marshy?
I haven't ported it to 1.1.2, I thought it would work perfectly fine.
I'll have to replace the bees.

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
Let me know when you've got a new version of the map out. I'd like to suggest perhaps adding an apiarist machine or an indexer for a stack of combs or so. I'm likely not the first person to have a big problem with storage after the first... X amount of crosses.

I decided to do a start on Take 2 of the map, and spawned in a pair of chickens because you can't do thaumcraft without feathers. Can't even start.I spent my first two nights of the map raiding the nearest village. I was scared that I wouldn't get another jungle sapling from the tree, as those saps are less common then oak, spruce or birch.

I will keep you all updated on my progress. I'm working on storage before I start the bees, because the raid filled up the first chest. I didn't even grab the thaumcraft tower stuff yet.

Edit: Yes, please do add a sapling villager. My jungle tree.... did not yield the second time. Eight raided villages, a spawned portal gun, and a lot of flight later, I just started on my bees. This time. THIS TIME. I started centrifuging combs to get honey instead of starting to save them up. Managed to bring an apiarist villager with a princess trade to my camp, so I can get rid of those leftover princesses (marshy usually). I'll find something to do with the drones. I'm keeping the cultivated and common set aside, so that I can mix up the remainders of forest and meadows. I plan to get the other apiarist villagers to my area. I have to remember to do one item at a time though, so I don't have to get rid of the useless villager. :(

ezendiba

Jul 29, 2019
I also had a problem with the jungle tree. But i kept my last sapling, let it grow and when i can make that tree breeding "chop out the saplings" stick, then ill take down the last jungle tree ;) . And for me there spawned a pair of cows nearby and a pair of chickens. So i guess they still spawn randomly on the map.

And i didnt really had any problems with storage. The first things i made were more chests from the oak wood you get when the oak saplings grow :)
Keeping myself busy meanwhile with some cross breeding wheat etc :p just for fun.

Oh and to get more flax, i just made crops and putted them with some water in the ground and let the weeds grow. Unlimited supply of weeds to chop and you can find really easy flax this way, also the leaves where you can make rope out of.

(sorry for my english, its not my native language ;) )