Remember that boring old nether?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Well, compared to a lot of you tuners you do seem very experienced at this, and seem to be confident and accepting of guidance, whilst being entertaining - There are many sides to being a "good" youtuber, but even more so to being a "great" youtuber.
I can personally see you with the greats.

Reactions: Lambert2191

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
just thought i would mention that natura is in the 1.5.2 beta pack on the launcher for anyone who wants it but doesnt wanna make a pack, it is buggy though (pack not natura)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
But not everyone watches Dire, I have found his later eps to be rather stale of late.. :(
I'll have to agree. He's working on wrapping up his Season 5 in his traditional 'blow up the End' manner, and is running into technical difficulties because he's trying to put an MFFS around his 'UFO'. So he's spent three or four videos trying and failing to make a build work. Things should get better with his next season because he'll be able to start fresh.

I will say, you are a competent and at least semi-professional youtube video creator, much better than the average.

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm tempted to watch... but no offence man, I only watch minecraft when it's a mod spotlight. I've played enough MC in various forms that watching others play is boring.

However, Natura + Tinkerers Are some of the most awesome mods out there.

Natura getting a high place on my wanted list just due to those berry bushes. Not to mention the other things it helps out with.

And with Tinkerers, I've gone from a tech mod person to loving magic mods + TC.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Without the nitro creepers, the nether isn't too bad. It's dangerous, but once you get your first two pieces of glowstone for a jetpack, it gets a lot less so. I however have not only added natura, but also Mo' Creatures. The last time I was in the nether with Mo' Creatures loaded, I got severely punished by flame rats, fire ogres, nether scorpions, not to mention the newly added fire bats. Not really looking forward to my first trip to the nether with all this loaded.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
"ftb launcher has never been installed on this PC"
probably the most well known person on the FTB forums
what
He changed PC's very recently - mostly because his old machine couldn't hold up with.... resonant rise. Now we're playing resonant rise and... it's not on ftb, which makes it kiiinda moot. For now... let's hope it's only for now...

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
that looks horrible! please tell me which mods appart from natura add that ugly worldgen so I never add them to my pack! please!

I know that tinkers construct also adds some stupid and useless stuff like red creepers and blue slimes, but does it also have worldgen in the nether?

how the nether looks now in 1.5 looks nice, not this crap with clouds and trees.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
that looks horrible! please tell me which mods appart from natura add that ugly worldgen so I never add them to my pack! please!

I know that tinkers construct also adds some stupid and useless stuff like red creepers and blue slimes, but does it also have worldgen in the nether?

how the nether looks now in 1.5 looks nice, not this crap with clouds and trees.
eb6.jpg

Seriously, at the minute the nether is completely featureless aside from fortresses. Now we have a reason to stay there longer than necessary.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Will definitely check out your series Lambert. I like to see how people start and see the new world gen. Only had chance to preview a bit of the above clip. Don't know if it's your mic (or my ears), but your voice sounds a bit flat. But apart from that, a very mature recording.

I like that nether world gen, can't wait to get my hands on it for texturing.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
I love the new Nether, the upside down trees are awesome! No longer is the nether a quick jaunt to find the nearest lava pool, grab some soulsand and glowstone. Theres actual stuff! :D

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if it's your mic (or my ears), but your voice sounds a bit flat. But apart from that, a very mature recording.
I'm new at this, I would say it's probably a bit of both. My mic is pretty terrible, but I'm still not used to talking so much either

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
No prob, you'll only get better. Look forward to watching them properly tonight.

Better then anything I could do, I hate talking :p I'd have to put subtitles over the top instead of recording :D