Mod Pack Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
The whining is getting disgusting. When there's no communication they cry about no communication, when precise problems are described they cry about fixing taking too long. Go away, go make a modpack yourself and play it
The Whining about the Whining is getting disgusting. Everyone comes on and tries to take the moral high ground while looking like a total douche. Stating the same things over and over again yet ignoring the reason many choose to wait. Those that are willing to wait get thrown in with those that ain't and so forth...

I will explain again why MANY are waiting.
ON MAKING PACK.
Person plays on PersonalServer, Friend play on PersonalServer. Person may be able to build pack after fixing up all the configs and cross mod issues, Friend not so able. Person builds pack and sends to friend, Friend fails to place pack correctly. Person gets cranky, Friend gets cranky, Friendship dissolves.
ON WAITING.
Person plays on PersonalServer, Friend play on PersonalServer. Pack becomes available. Person clicks button, Fried clicks button. Game Plays. Friendship Grows...

CornPlanter

Jul 29, 2019
That is just plain disrespectful of another human being! If it is supposed to be a joke it ain't funny. IF you can, try to have a little empathy for the feelings of others.
Apparently we have an authority on what's funny here. Shall we ask you before laughing?

Nobody cares

Protokohl

Jul 29, 2019
ON MAKING PACK.
Person plays on PersonalServer, Friend play on PersonalServer. Person may be able to build pack after fixing up all the configs and cross mod issues, Friend not so able. Person builds pack and sends to friend, Friend fails to place pack correctly. Person gets cranky, Friend gets cranky, Friendship dissolves.
ON WAITING.
Person plays on PersonalServer, Friend play on PersonalServer. Pack becomes available. Person clicks button, Fried clicks button. Game Plays. Friendship Grows...

Uh. I made my own mod pack w/ my mates major issues, crashes, errors, conflicts and our friendship is still strong we even learnt more about mods and making them play nice together kudos to Eyamaz! :)

EDIT: And not all friends are technologically inept as you post indicates :)!

thekazador

Jul 29, 2019
i have to say......
AMCO ModPack > FTB ModPack
1.5.2 with 114 mods (i add optifine, invtweaks and railcraft) working on server and client.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Can't wait for the update. I built my own MultiMC pack because I couldn't wait :D. I will be interested when it comes out as I would like to know what the new mods are. I cannot seem to find a list somewhere of all the upcoming mods in FTB 1.5 but that's OK. Keep up the good work!

I can give you an estimate on what's going to be added. There's what we have plus Tinker's Construct, Natura and Ars Magica. With the hats mod being an additional possibility. There's one or two that are also likely to be put in but my only evidence is players interest in them. The others are those mods being tested by Direwolf20 and crew over on forge craft. They'll probably be in his pack and by extension ultimate too.

Molten

Jul 29, 2019
I can give you an estimate on what's going to be added. There's what we have plus Tinker's Construct, Natura and Ars Magica. With the hats mod being an additional possibility. There's one or two that are also likely to be put in but my only evidence is players interest in them. The others are those mods being tested by Direwolf20 and crew over on forge craft. They'll probably be in his pack and by extension ultimate too.

I will eat my hat if Ars Magica is included in anything other than a specific magic pack. Well I would eat my hat but I doubt that will be in either.

Gamabunta00

Jul 29, 2019
We now think we have found the issue and we are working on getting it fixed right now, it appears our file validation system to ensure that files aren't tapered with is currently not updating for new files so the file upload system is down, we hope to have this fixed as soon as possible.
Awesome, so what your saying is that the Pack is made and ready to ship but the upload system is broken? Well that kinda sucks lol.
At least its now a problem with 1 person/thing vs the modpack where it could be a conglomerate of problems between the mod developers.

Everlast

Jul 29, 2019

I feel sorry for you if all your friendships are this fragile.

Reactions: russjr08

Evercron

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently we have an authority on what's funny here. Shall we ask you before laughing?

If you think it is funny laugh it up. I suppose you will keep flying the banner for all immature prepubescents who mount their pulpit of ignorance and have a good laugh at other peoples expense. And I suppose you think cyber bullying is just a big giggle.

Merachon

Jul 29, 2019
If you think it is funny laugh it up. I suppose you will keep flying the banner for all immature prepubescents who mount their pulpit of ignorance and have a good laugh at other peoples expense. And I suppose you think cyber bullying is just a big giggle.
Good comment.

smenes

Jul 29, 2019
no, Ars magica and Hat mod is not supose to be in this pack.

but Tinker's Construct, Natura, Extra Utilities and OpenCCSensors is supposed to be in I think.

CornPlanter

Jul 29, 2019
Dr Zark refuses permission on all modpacks.

Thank god he does it. Mo Creatures is probably my most hated mod. Messes up balance, buggy as you said, doesn't add anything enjoyable unless carrying a fishbowl on your head is interesting to you. Well admittedly last time I played it was about a year ago, maybe it got better since then. But still the terrible experience was enough to never want it in my modpacks again.

Shadowise

Jul 29, 2019
Thank god he does it. Mo Creatures is probably my most hated mod. Messes up balance, buggy as you said, doesn't add anything enjoyable unless carrying a fishbowl on your head is interesting to you. Well admittedly last time I played it was about a year ago, maybe it got better since then. But still the terrible experience was enough to never want it in my modpacks again.

There are tameable elephants and mammoths that you can ride, and wyverns that you can fly (I think). I personally never had any problems and like to add it manually as it just adds a lot of life to the environment, with birds, fish, insects etc. Plus you can adjust the spawns for all the new mobs if there are certain ones you don't like. Also, scorpion armour and swords are useful when you're starting out.

Melynxis

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if its any indication of Mo Creatures.. (Who knows.. it might).. But I know someones posted this link earlier

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgnSLIUjIjLcdGtTcWRUWUxEODVBY0Q4N1FSV3dlRUE#gid=0

And.. Strangely enough.. it does have Mo Creatures listed on it..

Ive been messing around with Mo Creatures since 1.45.. And Honestly.. I'd given up on it.. The custom spawner squelched any mobs not setup with it (ex.. Angry Zombies on Thaumcraft.. Mystcraft Ages with no monsters.. etc.etc).. However.. the newer version might seem to have fixed things.. I was playing around with my own 1.52 build while i was waiting and decided to test it out .. I was amused when I ended up tossing Chococraft into the mix.. and when i rebuild the config file.. I had Chocobos listed in the config.

As far as building your own Pack..Its possible.. but not without difficulty.. (IF you can do it.. and cant wait for the official FTB packs.. then do it..You will get a greater self of self accomplishment and achievement than by using a prebuild.. You will Also learn what FTB is going through trying to get everything setup and in order)

As it has been Said before..Things don't work properly between everything yet.

I Tried building out a fresh build of 1.52 last night.. I found a Dev version of IC2.. It worked.. I added Buildcraft.. It worked.. The moment i added Forestry.. Everything died.. (And yes.. I know how to google errors).. didnt really find any Solutions other than "Its Development.. What do you expect"..

Anyways.. FTB is not the only one fighting with this 1.5 transition.. Tekkit.. God.. I looked at the new 1.5 tekkit.. Its missing so much.. Divine RPG.. They have been going back and forth for over a month trying to get code adapted.. At this point.. i'm coming to the conclusion.. that 1.51 was one of those major Game breakers for everyone.. And while yes.. a large chunk of the developers have updated to newer codes.. The Larger more complex mod packs.. Are still fighting with it... as far as RP2... Eloraam has a life.. Anyone who has their priorities straight will realize that having a life trumps anything electronically delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.