Aluminum Ore - Which Mod?

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
I was just wondering which mod in Ultimate adds Aluminum Ore? Is it GregTech? I'm just wondering. I've searched for it, but all that turns up in the forum search is a stupid thread where some guy is condescending to the U.S. Super helpful!!! Can anybody tell me this thing?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Ore is xycraft and mostly useless.

Dust is gregtech and comes from processing bauxite.

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
Ore is xycraft and mostly useless.

Dust is gregtech and comes from processing bauxite.

Thank you! And yes, mostly the reason I want aluminum ore in my world is because you can use it to make cans, but mostly because you can use it in an induction smelter, and it produces rich slag. Awesome. Definitely not useless.

Reactions: dwappo

d1ng0d0g

Jul 29, 2019
I love the cans part. Even if I need cells, I just melt down the cans. Sure, it takes a bit more effort, but then I have tin.

Also, for the thaumcraft research. Aura essence comes in grass. So it's not hard to come by.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
it is a nice source for rich slag. but then, rich slag is only interesting for a few netherores like nether uranium...

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
it is a nice source for rich slag. but then, rich slag is only interesting for a few netherores like nether uranium...

Honestly, I often find myself with a shortage of gold, because I make a LOT of electrum ingot. That's mostly what I use my rich slag on.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I often find myself with a shortage of gold, because I make a LOT of electrum ingot. That's mostly what I use my rich slag on.

if you are playing ultimate or mindcrack: pump out the nether, but not for energy but centrifuge the lava in order to get copper, tin, electrum and tungsten. the deal is quite good... in my opinion. and it takes quite some energy to centrifuge it.