1.7.x Packs Yet!? [Mindcrack/DW20/Ultimate/Lite/Horizons/Monster/Unleashed/Unhinged/Tech/Magic/etc]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
I agree. Go complain to Krapht and Sengir.
I think they're just trying to find a bunch of uses for the Assembly Table, which is why I first guessed that it would be made in such thing. :p

Although, no need to complain to Krapht and Sengir, I'm sure using the Buildcraft API, a small mod could be made to add a regular crafting recipe for them.

The real question would be what the recipe should be... for such a... convenient device..

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
Your MiscPeripherals(new version 3.2) and GregTech(new version 3.05b) versions are outdated. Also Gravity Gun does not have a version called 1.5.1, it is 1.5.0v2. And SoulShards version number is 1.27 and not 1.5.1.

€dit:
CodeChickenCore is also outdated. CB did update the file to 0.8.6.5 without updating his thread

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I think they're just trying to find a bunch of uses for the Assembly Table, which is why I first guessed that it would be made in such thing. :p

Although, no need to complain to Krapht and Sengir, I'm sure using the Buildcraft API, a small mod could be made to add a regular crafting recipe for them.

The real question would be what the recipe should be... for such a... convenient device..
I'm planning on adding a recipe that use 1 Structure Pipe and turns into 4 Plugs.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Your MiscPeripherals(new version 3.2) and GregTech(new version 3.05b) versions are outdated. Also Gravity Gun does not have a version called 1.5.1, it is 1.5.0v2. And SoulShards version number is 1.27 and not 1.5.1.
€dit:
CodeChickenCore is also outdated. CB did update the file to 0.8.6.5 without updating his thread

Thanks for the update/bug report! Gregtech versions go off his changelog page http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Change Log so when he updates that it will update the spreadsheet. (He's at 305c now =/) Ill un-lazify Soulshards today. MiscPeripherals updated :)
Ive given up on CodeChickenCore mostly. They guy is *really* bad with versions and updating them. Half the time the version he lists on the site is incorrect and doesnt match the version in the mod itself, and who knows if he even updated the version in the mod itself. :eek: Ill change it anyway

ahwtx

Jul 29, 2019
yay thaumcraft!!! c'mon ars magica!!! ars is the last mod i'm waiting on for a 1.5.2 update and then i'm gonna go gung-ho with a 1.5.2 world to tide me over until 1.6. :) edit: forgot about mystcraft. two more mods to go. :(

just an fyi with codechickencore 0.8.6.5: it's borked. it will not work with the latest versions of forge. most users are reporting that you need to rollback to 689.

DrRed

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft is out for 1.5.2
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1585216-thaumcraft-305-updated-1252013/

Thaumic bees says its version is compatible with 1.5.2 but I'm not sure the most recent version update to Thaumcraft breaks it or not, says it works with 3.0.4 not 3.0.5, but either way it says its 1.5.2 compatible as well
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...quivalent-exchange-3-thaumcraft-3-compatible/
ThaumicBees, as of 1.5, is independent of ThaumCraft, it only relies on Forestry.
I don't think it is possible for a new version of it to break it per se, but rather disable the compatibility.

Reactions: OmegaPython

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
I've put a lot of effort into my FTB Ultimate 1.0.1/1.0.2 server. I've been reading into 1.5.1/1.5.2 updates, and lots of mods have cool new features. However, I'm really worried that updating to a newer version of minecraft + all those updated mods will cause issues and make me start all over.

Is updating generally headache free? What exactly are 'normal' problems when updating? Worse case I hope I could just create another dimension, and just spend most of my time in there? Seems like we should be seeing FTB Ultimate 1.0.3 for 1.5.2 in no time.

ahwtx

Jul 29, 2019
i wouldn't expect updating to be headache free due to the lack of rp2 in any 1.5.1/1.5.2 pack. the absence of rp2 will leaving gaping holes in existing worlds (no volcanoes, marble or basalt). and depending on your power setup, you might have to re-run a bunch of wiring with mfr's rednet cabling if you're already using any rp2 stuff.

only thing you can do really is to BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP (repeated and capitalized because it's a terribly important step) and then give it a whirl and see what happens. :/

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Updates:
Thaumic bees
Other stuff (lazy)[DOUBLEPOST=1368497602][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've put a lot of effort into my FTB Ultimate 1.0.1/1.0.2 server. I've been reading into 1.5.1/1.5.2 updates, and lots of mods have cool new features. However, I'm really worried that updating to a newer version of minecraft + all those updated mods will cause issues and make me start all over.

Is updating generally headache free? What exactly are 'normal' problems when updating? Worse case I hope I could just create another dimension, and just spend most of my time in there? Seems like we should be seeing FTB Ultimate 1.0.3 for 1.5.2 in no time.

I'd consider starting a new world in 1.6 in addition to your 'classic' world depending on if people will miss RP2 (if she decides to no longer update it). Else Id wait till 1.6 to try and convery the world over. It will take a bit of config file tweaking. You could wait till the official pack comes out but who knows what they are doing. FTB official packs will always be at least weeks, and more liker 1-2 months behind vanilla.

Youd have to pay close attention to every mod you want to update and what its compatible with until Mojang stops being sado masochist with its mod community and we can start tossing mods in from several versions back and not have massive retarded issues. SAFE WORD SAFE WORD

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe its just me, but Iron Chests mod seems to update very often for a seemingly simple mod.
r411! get yours while they're hot.

agaricus

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe its just me, but Iron Chests mod seems to update very often for a seemingly simple mod.
r411! get yours while they're hot.
IronChests2 is configured on the Jenkins build server for Minecraft Forge as a downstream project of MCPForge, so it rebuilds whenever a new version of Forge is built (411 was triggered by Forge 702, 410 by 701, so on). It acts as sort of a test project for the latest Forge, usually is the first mod to be ported to the experimental branches (for snapshots, etc.).