Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah you are right russjr08, we tried railcraft last night, it went ok. But at the end we have to remove IC2 as it's too buggy. Same problem, we lost all the copper (etc) world gen, and all the IC2 copper in our inventory.

Sorting out our own mod-pack, really not fun :(
That's why I ahead of time disabled IC2 copper and went with TE copper :/ everyone over here seems to be adjusting without it, and they say that its helping them be a little more creative with their builds. (More furnaces/pulverizers instead of upgrades, more power gen, etc). I think I may just keep IC2 out of it for a bit ;)

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
I wish they wouldn't hold the modpacks until everything is all set. Why not just update the modpack when there's changes? Same with already released versions, it seems like the 1.4.7 pack was hardly ever updated despite the bugs and updates to the individual mods. If you want people to be able to hold out until all the mods are ready just give them a list with the intended mods and let them know that they're not all ready yet but here's the pack with all the ones that are for now.

Reactions: russjr08

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I wish they wouldn't hold the modpacks until everything is all set. Why not just update the modpack when there's changes? Same with already released versions, it seems like the 1.4.7 pack was hardly ever updated despite the bugs and updates to the individual mods. If you want people to be able to hold out until all the mods are ready just give them a list with the intended mods and let them know that they're not all ready yet but here's the pack with all the ones that are for now.

Because with each update they test them. It takes time to test each mod against all the others.

Mawkleonite

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I understand that my message may get lost in the sea of complaints but I just have to say to the developers of the mods, the creators and those that upkeep the FTB pack, THANK YOU for all your hard work and giving us a variation on an amazing game that raises the bar beyond what I could have ever hoped! Yes do I get impatient when releases are not put out right away? Of course, but only because I want to play the next amazing iteration of this mod pack. Unfortunately I think most of the world forgot long ago that patience is a virtue and all complaining does is make you sound like a whiner. If you want the pack quick or want it updated faster and can do a better job than the developers...MAKE YOUR OWN PACK! Come on guys, it's a game and if your life is so consumed with the next patch that you can't let the developers take their time to perfect it (avoiding complaints later) and spending time in the evenings with their families and friends then leave. No one is keeping you here.

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I understand that my message may get lost in the sea of complaints but I just have to say to the developers of the mods, the creators and those that upkeep the FTB pack, THANK YOU for all your hard work and giving us a variation on an amazing game that raises the bar beyond what I could have ever hoped! Yes do I get impatient when releases are not put out right away? Of course, but only because I want to play the next amazing iteration of this mod pack. Unfortunately I think most of the world forgot long ago that patience is a virtue and all complaining does is make you sound like a whiner. If you want the pack quick or want it updated faster and can do a better job than the developers...MAKE YOUR OWN PACK! Come on guys, it's a game and if your life is so consumed with the next patch that you can't let the developers take their time to perfect it (avoiding complaints later) and spending time in the evenings with their families and friends then leave. No one is keeping you here, actually, most of us don't want you here either.
Excuse me? I'd like some evidence to that please..

Hostility gets you no where, and in fact it makes things worse. So I suggest you not start the flame of a giant fire...

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019

Good song don't you think Mawkleonite?

I know I'd rather hear true opinions than empty compliments all the time.

Reactions: Kazekai

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
You know, I understand that my message may get lost in the sea of complaints but I just have to say to the developers of the mods, the creators and those that upkeep the FTB pack, THANK YOU for all your hard work and giving us a variation on an amazing game that raises the bar beyond what I could have ever hoped! Yes do I get impatient when releases are not put out right away? Of course, but only because I want to play the next amazing iteration of this mod pack. Unfortunately I think most of the world forgot long ago that patience is a virtue and all complaining does is make you sound like a whiner. If you want the pack quick or want it updated faster and can do a better job than the developers...MAKE YOUR OWN PACK! Come on guys, it's a game and if your life is so consumed with the next patch that you can't let the developers take their time to perfect it (avoiding complaints later) and spending time in the evenings with their families and friends then leave. No one is keeping you here.
If you actually read this discussion at all, you would see that people are not complaining because they're impatient for the 1.5.1 pack(s), they are mostly complaining about the fact that FTB has released no further news on the release (that was supposed to be at the latest released on monday, about 4 days ago) outside of slowpoke's stream. Most people are more than willing to wait for the pack, delay or no. The problem is that FTB said nothing about the delay at all. Next time read the complaints instead of assuming what they are saying.

Reactions: russjr08

Kazekai

Jul 29, 2019

Good song don't you think Mawkleonite?

I know I'd rather hear true opinions than empty compliments all the time.

So would I, especially when they're coming from someone who thinks they're better than the rest of us and that they are in any position to tell us what to do or say. :/

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
I think some people here may be forgetting a few very important words, "Patience is a virtue". Be patient and time will show its rewards.

russjr08

Jul 29, 2019
I think some people here may be forgetting a few very important words, "Patience is a virtue". Be patient and time will show its rewards.
I don't think you're grasping what everyone is wrong with. We're not impatient about the modpack, but the lack of communication on the FTB team's end.

Stephen Dunne

Jul 29, 2019
I know right?? .. How hard would it be or how long would it take to write a few lines on this post .. something like .. "We at FTB are sorry we didn't get the 1.5.x update out on the date we thought we would, we are working on it and will keep you informed of any further developments" Thank you for your patients :).. took me about 30 seconds to do a job someone could have done a week ago!!

Reactions: goreae and russjr08

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you're grasping what everyone is wrong with. We're not impatient about the modpack, but the lack of communication on the FTB team's end.
Never directed it towards anyone specific. That is one issue but one of the others is the community and its impatience.

Reactions: NoobIsMeX

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
Russjr

As for the FTB Team lacking communication, There is no way we can conclude that is correct. If you have ever made a pack there is lots of bugs to fix whenever a new minecraft version or even a new mod version. There are memory leaks, crashes, and a whole lot of other things. Nobody knows what is causing the problem the minute it happens. First they have to find out the problem, and in some cases this requires the mod author to fix it. As far as I am concerned the FTB team communicates through Teamspeak. How did you come up with them lacking communication if I may ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.