Bee Biome

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Mageleon

Jul 29, 2019
I have just started bees and i have realized the biome im in has a high humidity and the biomes around are deserts and tiaga
anyone got any ideas on what i can do to get the bees breeding i don't really wanna move house

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
You could set up a remote outpost somewhere and set up a chunk loader for it. In order to get started you have little choice - I mean, you could try creating some rocky hybrids, but there's a fair bit of chance involved in the process and it doesn't help that they start out with minimum fertility (you'd spend all your time running around the country-side (or in caves, rather) looking for fresh samples). If you have access to the portal gun mod go raid some dungeon chests to get some portal spawners - the spawners go great with wireless transmitters, making it very easy to get around.

Once you've got access to serums, you could isolate the tolerance traits off a rocky bee for eg (or use the acclimatiser machine to max out tolerances on a pair of bees, then isolate THOSE traits) and inoculate them onto your others so's you can cultivate them all locally - however, by the time you've got that sort of setup going, you probably won't want to abandon your bee-outpost either.

And no, don't consider using the acclimatiser on everything. It requires a lot of time and resources to get a breeding pair ready to go, and you'd need to re-use it for just about every new species you uncover. Probably multiple times whilst you try and get their racial traits past the hybrid state to the pure.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Best place for bee breeding is a mystcraft world with small biomes, find a section where a desert, jungle and plain biomes intersect.

Mageleon

Jul 29, 2019
Best place for bee breeding is a mystcraft world with small biomes, find a section where a desert, jungle and plain biomes intersect.

yeah this seems like most praticall since its near enough impossible finding a vanilla biome in ftb thanks for the rest anyway

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Setting up production in a wide variety of biomes is possible, and isn't that hard.

Doing mutations there is a lot more of a pain in the ass. Every mutation resets the bee "half" to the default stats of what they mutate too, which generally means they lose tolerances. It's thus a lot easier to do most mutations (obv not the nether or jungle breeds) in a normal/normal biome.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Find a plains biome, use serums, or the Extra Bee's block that lets you modify tolerances using materials like sand, blaze power, snowballs, etc.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Plains Biome or one of the extra biomes versions is the staple to start breeding, more types of bees can be breed in this type of boime, after that you can find a remote for other temps species, seeing as your starting I would say start small, watch some vids on bees & extra bees machine, you didnt state pack so I assume there in, at first it all looks confusing but soon as you get the basics it will all fall into place, its like an "ah now I get it" moment, just remember start off with Common & Cultivated & work on from there, if you have tropics set up a basic auto system you will need the silk, but most of all have fun, read/watch all you can find, & dont give up, never give up.

JastyFTW

Jul 29, 2019
Try checking over any nearby water, I think river or ocean might be normal/normal, can't remember

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
When searching for a place to put your bees, always bring an empty apiary with you, it will tell you the specifics of the biomes if you place it down.

Rather than having a chart for each biome, it's way easier to scout the places around home with an apiary.