Need good Sorting System!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Picsof4D

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there!
I need a very automatic sorting System like the one Guude has. Were also using the MindCrack Pack, so I was wondering if anyone has the Code. Basically I need a System that can get you items and you can put items in it. I'd also like to make one of dem shops like he has

Jul 29, 2019
if u install logistics pipes manually then it would be relatively easy, as it comes with automatic sorting pipes as well as item request pipes

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The Mindcrack pack does not have AE, does not have Infinitubes, and does not have Logistics Pipes. Why not suggest something that Picsof4D can actually use?

Like, you know. Learning the basics with Redpower 2 sorting machines.

Jul 29, 2019

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
The Mindcrack pack does not have AE, does not have Infinitubes, and does not have Logistics Pipes. Why not suggest something that Picsof4D can actually use?

Because RP sucks, and the only other serious option is Computercraft.

I mean, since he wants something like Guude's after all.

But remember, RP sorting sucks. You want to know why mindcrackers complain about lag all the time? Because they all use RP.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019

That far behind the times? Damn, I'm glad I made the switch.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Question: My RP2 sorting system often causes a lot of lag when it's sorting large amounts of items. Would switching to AE accomplish the same thing without the lag?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Question: My RP2 sorting system often causes a lot of lag when it's sorting large amounts of items. Would switching to AE accomplish the same thing without the lag?
Yes.

Items in tubes recalculate path every step of the way. This gets very crazy in high amounts. There's also the fact that all items are rendered. As pretty as it is, it's a gpu hog. This can be mitigated somewhat by only sending stacks and whatnot, but that only helps so much. AE is pretty much the conduit for items. It just teleports items to either its storage or where ever else you have designed the item to go to.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Yes.

Items in tubes recalculate path every step of the way. This gets very crazy in high amounts. There's also the fact that all items are rendered. As pretty as it is, it's a gpu hog. This can be mitigated somewhat by only sending stacks and whatnot, but that only helps so much. AE is pretty much the conduit for items. It just teleports items to either its storage or where ever else you have designed the item to go to.

Yeah, that sounds much better. As much as I like my RP2 sorting system... my fps is bad enough as it is.

There's seriously almost a 20 fps difference between running a quarry and not. If I want to expand that to sort ALL of my items, not just my quarried ores... I'd be in a bit of trouble. Not to mention that I can hold a massively larger amount of items using a fraction of the space with AE.

Berserkenstein

Jul 29, 2019
Yes.

It's not too bad though if you have a decent video card. I literally have thousands of items in my redpower 2 sorting system running through pipes.

Redpower is the only sorting system that can handle the input from my mining well frame machine. It mines 1,280 blocks every 6 seconds.

Here's a short video of it:

I tried using multiple AE import buses on enderchests, but it couldn't handle it and the energy cost was like 500 a tick or something ridiculous.

Reactions: Poppycocks

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
It's not too bad though if you have a decent video card. I literally have thousands of items in my redpower 2 sorting system running through pipes.

Redpower is the only sorting system that can handle the input from my mining well frame machine. It mines 1,280 blocks every 6 seconds.

Here's a short video of it:

I tried using multiple AE import buses on enderchests, but it couldn't handle it and the energy cost was like 500 a tick or something ridiculous.
Man that's crazy, you're crazy, I like that

Show us your sorting?

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Are you mining for like... a 60-person server?

Because I'm quite sure that there is no project that can be undertaken that can use resources fast enough to justify that monstrosity.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
When I was on Morvelaira's server, they hooked up a sortron to a retriever. Do some coding and poof! Then they hooked up Computercraft to the FORTH System so that we could easily choose items.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
No! AE, IT IS THE FUTURE, use AE and take yourself TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW.

You had better be using Infinitubes like crazy.[DOUBLEPOST=1366768488][/DOUBLEPOST]
When I was on Morvelaira's server, they hooked up a sortron to a retriever. Do some coding and poof! Then they hooked up Computercraft to the FORTH System so that we could easily choose items.

By "easily" you mean "minimizing gains while maximizing effort."

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
FORTH so that we could use the Sortron, then Computercraft so we could directly transmit the item requests to the computer without having to create specific WORDS for each item. (The caps is because that is how they are called. WORDS, not words or Words.)

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
This is my redpower + factorization sorting system. I've replaced it with AE since then after upgrading to ultimate.

IMarv