Xycraft tank.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
OK, guys, I can't get this thing working. I've replaced every single wall and floor block, and it doesn't work. I have no idea what's wrong with that thing.

Outside look

Inside look

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure to get the corner blocks!

That is, the blocks where the walls meet. You can't see them directly without removing the walls, but they look like...
L
L
L
GLLL

If the L's are two intersecting walls, then G is the portion of the wall that counts as part of the tank that you cannot see from the inside of it. Make sure to check and see that it's not made of a material that cannot be part of a xycraft tank, such as dirt, or some ores.

You'll find corner blocks like that where the walls intersect each other, the floor, and the ceiling. Check them all. It's easy to simply replace the surface blocks without replacing the corner blocks as well with underground tanks.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, well, I thought so myself the last time I was building one. Turns out I missed a little dirt.

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
1. No more than 12 blocks in any direction
2. No Sand,Dirt, Gravel blocks
3. Don't leave out any blocks.
4. No torches, snow, anything inside of cube
5. Should work.

You don't need to make it equal on all sides, it's fine with rectangles instead of perfect cubes.

Reactions: seannyyx

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I've gotten multiple Xycraft tanks set up, and every single time it doesn't work originally is because there was a corner that I forgot to replace.

To avoid this, I make the volume of the tank one block larger in every direction than I intend it to be, and then fill in the extra space with cobble.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Did you right-click the valve?
Do you have any wrathlamps around?
Is it touching any other tanks?
Is it larger than 12x12?

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, yeah. That too. If I'd bothered to count the blocks like a normal person, I probably coulda figured that out.

Keep in mind that it can be 12 blocks high as well, though.

BuccaneerRex

Jul 29, 2019
12x12 is the maximum, but you can make bigger tanks by letting the tanks share walls/valves. Each tank is considered separate, but they will equalize to the height of the shared valve.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
12x12 is the maximum, but you can make bigger tanks by letting the tanks share walls/valves. Each tank is considered separate, but they will equalize to the height of the shared valve.

Also this.

I currently have two 10k bucket tanks of biofuel using this method. It's quite convenient.

Darknesschaos

Jul 29, 2019
It should be noted that the 12X in length/height/width includes the walling blocks. This means that there can be no more than 10 empty spaces inside of the tank in any direction. The largest space of internal is 10x10x10 which will equate to about 16k buckets of space. Also, please note that you can only use solid blocks on the "frame". Micro blocks do not work either I found in my studies.

Edit: From counting the size of your tank, it looks that it is too wide with 12 blocks of empty space from one side to the other internally. You need to shrink it.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooo, I didn't know about sharing walls and joining tanks like that ... Tanks!!! (I had to go there)
/rimshot

To expand on buccaneer's post, the two tanks will 'seek their own level', not necessarily equalize volume. That's a non issue if the tanks are the same size, but may be important if they're not.

BuccaneerRex

Jul 29, 2019
/rimshot

To expand on buccaneer's post, the two tanks will 'seek their own level', not necessarily equalize volume. That's a non issue if the tanks are the same size, but may be important if they're not.

This.

This is two 12x12 tanks, that share a single valve each with the small 3x3 between them. Lava is pumped in to the bottom of the small tank. Both large tanks filled to the top.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
This.

This is two 12x12 tanks, that share a single valve each with the small 3x3 between them. Lava is pumped in to the bottom of the small tank. Both large tanks filled to the top.

That, my friend, is known as inefficiency. Use the Asparagus Stock next time. :)

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
Something I just figured out. For some reason, smooth stone is not a valid tank wall, but cobblestone is.

I have a question about resizing tanks. How do you do it? I know that with iron tanks, you can change the size without losing the contents as long as you keep the bottom middle block. But is that true of Xycraft tanks also?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Something I just figured out. For some reason, smooth stone is not a valid tank wall, but cobblestone is.

I have a question about resizing tanks. How do you do it? I know that with iron tanks, you can change the size without losing the contents as long as you keep the bottom middle block. But is that true of Xycraft tanks also?
Just don't remove the valve.
The number of valves gives how much do they carry of the liquid.
1 valve carries it all, 2 half each, 3, one third, 4 25%...