Pulverizer Output question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Antmf

Jul 29, 2019
I see my input on my pulverizer is Blue and I have my power furnace hooked up to it, and my output on my pulv is red which sends my pulv materials to my furnace, but then I get some extra pulv material that goes into the slot below my output. I go to settings and change that to red too and the extra pulv materials still sit there and dont transfer to my furnace. How do i fix this so I can send the extra to my furnance?

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Add a chest to one side & set it to orange, this is extra dusts you have a 10% chance to get, ps all 5 sides bar the face are valid in/out puts

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
You're best bet is to put a hopper between them, actually. The pulverizer will occassionally create two types of pulverized ore, which means sometimes something is going to hang around in the pulverizer and clog the system. Put the pulverizer on top, hopper below, then powered furnace at the bottom with a chest to output to. The hopper'll auto-transfer what it can to the powered furnace.

Antmf

Jul 29, 2019
Ok this is how I have mine set up. I have pulv. with hopper on top then I have powered furnance next to it, and then a chest next to furnace. So how do I get my pulvarized ore that is different from what I am making out of the little slot so it dont clog the system without moving things around? When go to change the color of the output on bottom of pulv. and I change it to red the bottom does not change colors but if I click it will turn half red and half orange and same with the top where the original pulv material goes. I saw Direwolf in his season 5 episode 2 video have it set up this way, nut the difference is I cant get it to empty out the bottom of the pulvarizer but the top empties no problem...

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
You're going to have to change your setup if you want full automation, unfortunately. That unlike pulverized ore is going to sit there until it can get into the powered furnace, which means something is going to back up. The big three that do this are gold, silver, and lead btw which all have the chance of generating other pulverized ores.

So either set up a chest next to the setup to dump the extra pulv. ore out, or put a hopper in between the pulverizer and powered furnace, will auto-dump unlike a chest.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
to get both outputs you need to make it so both the top and bottom output slots are orange.

Red is top output slot only, yellow is bottom only, orange is both. This will send both sets of pulvierised materials into your furnace.

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
Unless of course you've got silver and iron in your pulverizer output, in which case only one will go into the powered furnace at a time, which is the issue from the sounds of it.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
You're going to have to change your setup if you want full automation, unfortunately. That unlike pulverized ore is going to sit there until it can get into the powered furnace, which means something is going to back up. The big three that do this are gold, silver, and lead btw which all have the chance of generating other pulverized ores.

So either set up a chest next to the setup to dump the extra pulv. ore out, or put a hopper in between the pulverizer and powered furnace, will auto-dump unlike a chest.

afaik, if there is something in the bottom output that would block the next input then the pulveriser wil stop until the furnace allows the bottom input in, he has a hopper on the input to the pulveriser so should be ok.

Stairmasternem

Jul 29, 2019
That causes the pulverizer to jam up though, which could be considered an efficiency issue. If you put a hopper between the pulverizer and the powered furnace, nothing gets jammed up unless the hopper gets full.

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
That causes the pulverizer to jam up though, which could be considered an efficiency issue. If you put a hopper between the pulverizer and the powered furnace, nothing gets jammed up unless the hopper gets full.

It will cause a bit of bottlenecking, but not an outright jam, should be fine unless he has a massive resource throughput.

I do think we're trying to solve two different problems here though, from the op's post it sounds to me like he was asking how to get both output slots to go into the furnace.

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
For the Pulveriser, red is the colour of your primary output item like dusts
yellow is the colour of your secondary output item like secondary dusts or sulfur, etc
if you want both to come out from a specific side of your machine,
you need to set that side to orange, that way both materials will output from that side of your pulveriser
however you can hit a snag if the secondary output of your pulveriser is sent to your furnace but can't be smelted
in that case you'll have to sort your input before or monitor during the whole process

eeps, bit slow :)

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
The answer to the question of getting both the pulverized dust & the extra 10% chance dusts to go to the same furnace is easy, pulverizer next to furnace output to furnace as normal set top output set yellow or orange & bc pipe it into a hopper on top of furnace, you need the hopper as a buffer or the dust will spill out of pipe, after the dust from the side of pulverizer is done the dust in hopper will process, I use systems like this in banks of 2-4 to auto process ores from sorting system.