My Resonant Rise Let's Play (Resonant Rise Modpack)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I'm told this is the place to post about this.

This is a thread where I post my Resonant Rise Let's Play content. Way back in the day I started the prototype for the RR modpack here, when it was just a modpack for FTBers that was more updated. Eventually it's grown into a modpack growing by leaps and bounds, with tens of thousands of users. We pride ourselves on trying to follow the original Direwolf20 vision of modpack design, but with a lot of modern twists, frequent updates, and mod sets that FTB doesn't consider.

The current season playlist is here.

The whole playlist is here. You can watch the episodes over time and see how the modpack evolved if you want.

Latest Episode: Season 4 Episode 25, "The (second) Best Wand, Robobees, and Saice Executes KirinDave."

Also, go check out SpacePirateCaine's series which features me (and in the future other prominent minecrafters) in which we teach the basics of modded minecraft.

Last edited:

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
Nice start. I can't wait for more videos. Subbed :)

EDIT: By the way when you "finish" the pack are you going to distribute it in any way? I would love to play it.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
I enjoyed your video. You have a voice that doesn't make me want to kick a puppy, you talk about interesting things like balance, and you help me learn about mods I'm new to (metallurgy, Ars Magicka, etc.).

And you don't overuse the word "cool" like DW20. :)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
So if I get permissions I will. And I have a server pack (obviously). And I'll make the modlist and configs available so you can just plug-and-play with all the tedious work done.

Quick opinion poll, I guess. Natura seems like a really great mod and I'd love to use more mDiyo's work. But it doesn't work with Biomes o Plenty very well. So, for the 1.5.1 update should I just go to ExtraBiomesXL, or should I not use Natura?[DOUBLEPOST=1365912845][/DOUBLEPOST]
I enjoyed your video. You have a voice that doesn't make me want to kick a puppy, you talk about interesting things like balance, and you help me learn about mods I'm new to (metallurgy, Ars Magicka, etc.).

And you don't overuse the word "cool" like DW20. :)

Thanks! But I did do the Ahbed, "Cool. Cool cool cool." Sorry. :)

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
So if I get permissions I will. And I have a server pack (obviously). And I'll make the modlist and configs available so you can just plug-and-play with all the tedious work done.

Quick opinion poll, I guess. Natura seems like a really great mod and I'd love to use more mDiyo's work. But it doesn't work with Biomes o Plenty very well. So, for the 1.5.1 update should I just go to ExtraBiomesXL, or should I not use Natura?[DOUBLEPOST=1365912845][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks! But I did do the Ahbed, "Cool. Cool cool cool." Sorry. :)
Troy and Ahbed in the morrrning!
I think that in regards to terrain generation mods, it's best to pick whichever is the more stable/faster updating, really. Unless you're in an early development stage for the modpack, that is. Once you have it going, it's not too great to switch around and everything, you know? And is Optifine compatible with Resonant Rise?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Optifine works fine. I actually think ExtraBiomesXL is just broken right now for this modpack, so maybe my decision was made for me.

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
Based on what I have seen about Natura I would leave the biomes in but I admit i know nothing about it. I have seen what was on Direwolf20's video and some mod spotlight that didn't go into much.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Another episode as I tune the modpack for 1.5.1. I'll release it as soon as Factorization fixes its major crash.

Reactions: Chocorate

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Another episode as I tune the modpack for 1.5.1. I'll release it as soon as Factorization fixes its major crash.

I love how you release this just before I head off to bed. Real nice.

Loving this pack though, your videos are very helpful :)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, you really don't hate the 45m length? And I've almost got editing dialed in, I'll have the next episode without that lame menu bar.

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
I like 45 min. to me the 30 to 45 is better than 20 to 30 however when/if you start editing more it may be a pain to wait for it to render the extra time.
EDIT: for the menu bar why not just record in F11 veiw?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I like 45 min. to me the 30 to 45 is better than 20 to 30 however when/if you start editing more it may be a pain to wait for it to render the extra time.
EDIT: for the menu bar why not just record in F11 veiw?

I am on a mac and have a bunch of weird restrictions on what I can and can't do. What actually happened was I cropped wrong then rendered and I'm too busy to re-render. :) It happened because of a glitch in how you have to do selective re-cropping in screenflow; I wanted the menubar when emacs was on the screen but the tighter crops on subsequent clips were accidentally discarded. I'm changing my workflow so I do 5m test renders before shipping the whole thing so that I can catch those problems.

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
I know what you mean about macs being odd sometimes, I run one too. And that sounds like a good process to see that stuff. Are you going to do random parts for test renders or the only the first bit?

xBTx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm liking the videos so far, and I'm interested in this pack. I subscribed.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, thanks! I think this weekend is gonna be a big content weekend. Gonna have someone join on the server, we'll finalize releases. I also plan to invite some subscribers to join us if they can produce reasonably good quality audio for the recording. :)

Reactions: southernfriedbb

13rett

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like it would be fun, now I just need to sabotage 7 peoples mics. :p jk
BTW: How far are you on the distribution permissions?

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
Gonna have someone join on the server, we'll finalize releases. I also plan to invite some subscribers to join us if they can produce reasonably good quality audio for the recording. :)
lol I subscribed. But my mic might be terrible, never heard it before.

I like what you're doing with Tinker's Construct. Youtube is kind of a jerk to me and either loads really slowly or just crashes. I'm in the process of watching it for the 3rd time, but I'm sure it's great.