AE. Junk in the network

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
I fanally started to use AE, and it is pretty convinient, especially for automation (autosupplying Fermenter with saplings and fertilizer by one export bus? Yes, please!), but I don't want to have all the junk items shown constantly - it looks like a mess... I'd like to sort them by categories maybe, but I think, that's not possible for now. Sure, I can store different things on different disks using formatter, but all the stuff is shown in the terminal, so, formatting does not solve that problem.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
There's nothing stopping you from storing the disks in ME chests, rather than drives. That way you could easily see the system contents.

Alternatively, you could go a similar path to the RP2/barrel method, but using storage buses instead. That would mean that you could have the terminal show only crafting items (which you can't filter, I'm afraid).

AE is an incredibly powerful and versatile system, even without the drives, and even the disks.

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
you could use a different network colour and send all you junk to a separate network with its own monitor, this way you can keep it all close by and not have to look at it all the time.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Drives are way cheaper that storage buses or ME chests in terms of Quartz ^_^
But I've got the point. And yeah, it is very powerfull, I like it so much. Not only for storage, but for automation too. I'll feed my boiler with planks using the ME interface when I finally build one. ME level emitter and instant item transfer are awesome things for automation!
Currently I think that two things are missing - better sorting options in the Access Terminal and no function "Keep this inventory supplied with N of these things". ME interface can do that, but only with it's own inventory.

Oh, and the option to say that "if you have these things, craft them into that thing"
[DOUBLEPOST=1365668222][/DOUBLEPOST]
you could use a different network colour and send all you junk to a separate network with its own monitor, this way you can keep it all close by and not have to look at it all the time.
That might work... And you send items to other network using a chest and a pair of import/export buses?

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
That might work... And you send items to other network using a chest and a pair of import/export buses?

That's pretty much what I had in mind, I haven't tried it out but i can't see a reason what it wouldn't work. If you give it a go let us know how it turns out.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
So, there are sould be a drive with some preformatted disks in first network, and the other network that accept everything. Oh, and second network can also do some processing!
Maybe I'll try that, but a bit later. ^^
Currently I'm going to focus on some other stuff
And I think that maybe it is possible to do network transition just by using export bus into an ME Interface...

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
My storage cells in the ME drives are all preformatted; ingots, gems, crafted, blocks, xycraft, thaumcraft, organic etc. So they are in some semblance of order in my terminal

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, so it IS taking into account disk order at some grade?

*adds to his TODO list: "Make a preformatter and more disks"*

Memorian

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. would it be possible to have a small ME-network that only has preformated disks in it for the things you want to store, then hook the network up to a random chest with ME storrage BUS, anything that doesnt fit on the formatted disks should then end in that chest. anything in the chest will be importat into a second network that again contains other pre-formated disks and exports to a chest and potentially a third network

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, so it IS taking into account disk order at some grade?

*adds to his TODO list: "Make a preformatter and more disks"*

Yes, tab at the top left of the terminal is the sort order it's set to priority/cell order by default so it lists the stuff by cell order unless you modify the priorities.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Herpderp, how didn't I notice that? I was even experimenting with that button >_<

AWSUM THX!