Gregtech Digital Chest?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Serendipiteit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to store some honeycombs in digital chests but I have no idea how to work with them. I tried right-clicking with comb in my hand and it only gives message '0 of'. I tried to pipe comb in using obsidian pipe and it threw it out. There's no documentation anywhere for how to use this thing. Can anyone help me out?

tonnic

Jul 29, 2019
.... seriously, Greg needs to get some documentation in... a lot of people have told me he is an arrogant prick and that he doesn't really care or give 2 craps about what others think. Perhaps we should be able to read his mind, so things are easier for him ;).

Reactions: RedBoss

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I spent some good 30 minutes trying to figure the bloody electriccraftingohmygodwhystheresomanywordsheretable.

Not fun.

HOWEVER, next version has tooltips, lovely, useful, shiny tooltips.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
It works kinda like a barrel.

Double right click the chest with the item in hand you want to put in it (it will empty all that item into chest from your inv)
Left click removes a stack.
Single right click puts whatever is in your hand inside it.

To change the item type (if you want to store something different in it but have removed all that item) you have to break it with an electric wrench and replace.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
It works kinda like a barrel.

Double right click the chest with the item in hand you want to put in it (it will empty all that item into chest from your inv)
Left click removes a stack.
Single right click puts whatever is in your hand inside it.

To change the item type (if you want to store something different in it but have removed all that item) you have to break it with an electric wrench and replace.
Ooooh, so a barrel with a filter? That sounds swell, how big is it?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Practical use aside the cost of a barrel is a bit of wood, the cost of the digital chest is in typical Gregtech style..... astronomical in comparison.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Practical use aside the cost of a barrel is a bit of wood, the cost of the digital chest is in typical Gregtech style..... astronomical in comparison.
It's not that bad, some iron, some aluminium(You should have tons of that crap anyway). The worst part is the data orb. As that's either olivine or emeralds. And a lot of other assorted stuff. (platinum or iridium)

But I think the autofilter's worth it.

It also looks better.

But I'm probably talkin' trough my ass on this one as I've got... dunno a few stacks of elite boards and a stack of data storage circuits.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of GT's stuff looks very fun to play with. Man I so wished MineChem used EU instead of MJ. That would have been a fun combo.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Meh if you want a filtered barrel just put an upside down filter on top of the barrel, still a ton less resources and an upgraded barrel holds twice as much.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Meh if you want a filtered barrel just put an upside down filter on top of the barrel, still a ton less resources and an upgraded barrel holds twice as much.
But that means using tubes instead of routers. I hate tubes. And pipes.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
ok then use AE it's even simpler lol - export with the item in the export filter :p

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I think Factorization barrels are a little more tempermental on how it handles things. Mayhaps trying a router with the digital chest is needed.