How's modded looking nowadays?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I was into Minecraft alot over a year ago, Feed the beast and their modpacks, direwolf20 in particular.

Nowadays, with ray tracing and all new stuff, whats up in modded world? They catched up to the ray tracing yet? Is it possible to play with?

What mod launcher is most popular today? What packs?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Shaders have looked amazing for years now... so, no need to worry about that.

Omnia is the latest FTB pack and it's for 1.15, but it doesn't feel that developed.

The twitch launcher is still top dog for variety of packs, and ease of creating your own. The FTB launcher is new, but is still a work in progress.

Pack wise, a lot of folks are enjoying MC Eternal (what DIrewolf is playing these days on his youtube channel)

Welcome back :)

Reactions: totte1015

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for reply

Yeah as you mentioned regarding version

I often get the feel that I dont want to play "old" versions of modpacks since it feels outdated

Of course thats not true, it just menans that older minecraft versions=easier for modders to work with

MC Eternal looks interesting, with progression system and such

Any info if shaders works with it?

tanjer1588

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing FTB again after a year long brake. This new FTB launcher feels slow and clunky but I want to support the FTB team since this has always been my go to place for moddedMC. There still feels like loads of mods Are coming out and people are still playing. Not a fan of MineTogether chat room since I got banned about 27 seconds into my time in there.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
MC Eternal looks interesting, with progression system and such

Any info if shaders works with it?

Not so much of a progression system, but rewards for making/doing things.

Shaders do work with it, as far as i know, but the pack is already quite large (I run it with 8gigs of RAM) so YMMV.

tanjer1588

Jul 29, 2019
Big respect.

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not, it was an honest mistake though. I just made the comment that bees are about as exciting as that time I went to my uncle Steve’s house and he showed me his “special room”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not, it was an honest mistake though. I just made the comment that bees are about as exciting as that time I went to my uncle Steve’s house and he showed me his “special room”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, I'd say you earned that ban...

I just don't particularly like any mod that tries to identify me personally for any reason, and as such, disable Mine Together entirely any time it comes up.