Desert temple thaumcraft base.

Vinven

Jul 29, 2019
I thought a desert temple might make a good base, so I started messing around with ideas in creative.

http://imgur.com/a/2K5WO#0

The arcane stone next to the research table is intended to be an arcane infuser but with the first two blocks hidden in the wall for symmetry. I cleared out the two stairwells which I don't show, they could be used for other devices or to grow stuff. I put some storage in the level up above. As for personal space such as a bedroom, you could expand out the hidden chest area. Just remember to remove the tnt first. It took me a while to try to set it up. It's not perfect, I actually haven't played Thaumcraft 3 that much so it may not be fully ideal for it. Still, I think it looks cool and I really hope you like it.

Reactions: Divineaspect

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I'm pretty sure it's in the code or else Desert Temples are just lucky, but nodes are higher in temples usually. Good on you for your intelligence.

It is rather beautiful.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
that looks really awesome, well done.
I tried turning a desert temple into a base aswell sometimes when I play vanilla, but it gets kind of troublesome when you get too many stuff and don't have enough room anymore xD

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
@Technician: I have yet to find a desert temple without a node in the exact same spot. It must be in the code.

I love what you did with the jars. I usually rework the pillars and toss some chests there.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Well, theres always the shaft below the wool in the center. Lots of space to expand on. =)

yea, but you'd have to break up the temple quite a bit to make the shaft more useful, or make it simple and get a bit of a boring result.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
yea, but you'd have to break up the temple quite a bit to make the shaft more useful, or make it simple and get a bit of a boring result.
To stay true to the thaumcraft base, I'd probably go for the Arcane Levitator route in order to make that room usable. =)

Reactions: Lambert2191