Solved UUID change after upgrading from Revelation 2.2.0 to Revelation 2.7.0

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Dragonator

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

So, I've upgraded my local server instance of FTB Revelation from 2.2.0 to 2.7.0. Specifically I installed the 2.7.0 server in another folder, fixed some issues with custom mods, including upgrading forge to the latest beta version, and moved my world folder from the old server to this new one.

When I finally connected all my gear was gone. I found that my UUID was changed, so I simply renamed the playerdata files to the new UUID, but it seems Botania relics are linked to the players UUID. That means that when I logged in wearing my relics I got punished for using them and got killed.

Anyone have any idea why the UUID may have changed, or how to change it back?

Thanks.

EDIT: I think I solved it. The firewall was blocking access and the server wouldn't run in online mode. When I changed it to false it changed my uuid. When I fixed the firewall settings and changed the setting back to true it gave me back the proper UUID. Now I just have to see why the server runs so poorly.

Last edited:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Now I just have to see why the server runs so poorly.

This might be part of your problem:

including upgrading forge to the latest beta version

All mods in a pack is depending on the version of the other mods + depending on the version of forge. Changing one might force you to update another, and then a third breaks, and then forge needs to...

I would suggest that your run your server with the version of forge and versions of the mods in the pack "as-is".