Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Also, that's untrue. Interactions, which releases in a week or so, has a normal overworld (though it does technically start you in a skyblock, there is nothing forcing you to stay there, and you need to leave it for progression anyway)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Yup, I wasn't trying to be snarky, either. I keep looking for the perfect pack, and that just doesn't exist, so I make my own. There are so many packs out there that there's no chance anyone has played them all long enough to get bored, so the issue isn't the packs. It's the player's expectations.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Question. So with ATM3, Ive run into a problem I never have before. Some saplings just wont plant in cold biomes. I tried to plant an Umbran Sapling in an ice plains biome and couldnt bonemeal/etc it. Tried some other sapling, also didnt work. Thought something might be broken but then a spruce sapling worked. Went to a different biome and could plant the umbran. So I wanted to know, is this just bop itself making it so I can't plant a ton of saplings in certain biomes? Or another mod?

And if its bop/other mods themselves, are there options/methods/ways/modded items to plant a non cold sapling in a cold biome?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Might as well just change the FTB name to "Feed The Bored" since apparently there won't ever be any more modpacks that use the Overworld. Because, you know... skyblock is just SO much more exciting and interesting. sigh

Silly question, perhaps, but - what are you looking for in a modpack?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
So, I was NOT just whining (not JUST whining) the other day when I was talking about not being able to find diamonds. It turns out, in my mining world does NOT spawn diamonds. I know this because instead of building things like a normal minecrafter, I've spent the last week or so just digging giant holes in the ground with buildcraft. I am building a 62-block moat around a 100x100x100 block for... reasons. Anyway, I've now completed 4 64x64 complete clears with buildcraft and it's not uncovered a single diamond.

So, I'm checking the config files for aroma and I see this:

Code:
{
        "type": "oreReplace",
        "identifier": "removeDiamonds",
        "enabled": false,
        "targetBlock": "minecraft:stone",
        "originalBlock": [
            "minecraft:diamond_ore"
        ]

But if I'm reading that right, shouldn't that mean it's not replacing diamonds? Or is that just confusingly worded and that's my culprit?

Why would this be default?

Edit: It's also not spawning granite, diorite and andesite, if anyone has any ideas there, too. I didn't see them in the config, I don't think.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Thanks Pine. My question would be, why are they giving updates on Reddit rather than the FTB forums....

Probably because it'd get more exposure there and because posting here has probably been nothing but a headache for them.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It does look interesting. I've never done Gregtech, though, I don't know enough about it to know if it's any good. But the stuff about starting on the floating island and having to progress your way to the overworld was neat. My friends won't let me play this one, though, I'm sure.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I know this because instead of building things like a normal minecrafter, I've spent the last week or so just digging giant holes in the ground with buildcraft. I am building a 62-block moat around a 100x100x100 block for... reasons.

I know a vanilla minecrafter that did something like that... made the most OP quad-hut witch farm.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I'm literally doing it because I want to look at a 100x100x100 block, just to better comprehend a million (that's 1 million blocks in the smallest amount of space possible). I am a super nerd.

I'm also doing it because the BC quarry is hypnotic and I can do this project while I re-watch Game of Thrones :p

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
This should probably go in tge "cool things" thread, but it's a twist on my cheese and whine fest about not getting any diamonds.

But anyway, I have no idea why, bit I come back to my base for the first time in a while, and it's covered in these flowers that give me regen when I walk over them. If you pluck em and cook em,.they give you diamonds.

So, the obvious lesson here is that whining on the internet can solve real problems.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
This should probably go in tge "cool things" thread, but it's a twist on my cheese and whine fest about not getting any diamonds.

But anyway, I have no idea why, bit I come back to my base for the first time in a while, and it's covered in these flowers that give me regen when I walk over them. If you pluck em and cook em,.they give you diamonds.

So, the obvious lesson here is that whining on the internet can solve real problems.
Whoa! What flowers are those?? :D

Also, in reference to GregTech: its very much a mod that suits some people more than others; me personally I quite enjoy the way it works with its huge range of ores, its many tiers of technology, and its micro-crafting that makes sense to me (certain items need screws or rods made from metals, which themselves need files and stuff to make). And it goes from sort of stone age to steam age to different tiers of electricity. Its not for everyone, but I likes it.

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It's a cheshire rose, apparently from simple oregen. My running theory is that they spawned to celebrate the first day of spring? I'm not sure, but there are hundreds of them all over my base and surrounding areas and they were not there before.

If you cook them, they actually give you "heart diamonds" which oredict as diamonds, but if you need actual diamonds, you can use them to bake diamond blocks, then break down the blocks.

I just thought it was kind of ironic that I couldn't find diamonds for the longest time, now they're literally growing like weeds

Edit: it seems to be only around my base, too. No one else's base, and no where else that I've seen. I do not get it, lol

Edit2: lol, "bake" diamond blocks. That was supposed to be make

Last edited: