Advice on a mod pack please

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
T

Timetheos

(If this is the wrong forum, please let me know and I'll post elsewhere)

The most important (to me):
  • Good performance (OK at 4GB)
  • Industrial Craft
  • Thaumcraft
  • mini-map with way points and teleport
  • 1.12+
  • Quarries (offered by different mods)
Revelations barely loads with 5GB
Ultimate Reloaded was looking good, but I can't seem waypoints up and running (also can't get the server to connect, but that's a lesser issue)

Recommendations

If anyone happens to know of:
  • a killer spreadsheet of the various mods so one can REALLY compare packs
  • Really good sever setting notes for enabling/disabling options
I would appreciate a reference to them.

Thank you

T

Timetheos

FYI, I found how to get the waypoints and teleport working of Revelations: reset the key bindings

J

Jogge84

Minimap and mapping in general is a huge resource hogger, if you can play without it you would get huge performance increase :p Otherwise you can finetune settings alot, radius, tick rate, max entities and so on..
including Optifine in your pack is also a good option, might need some tweaking to make it work tho..

Reactions: Timetheos

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
You aren't going to find any Modded 1.12 packs that can run in 4GB worthy of being called "Modded". Most 1.12 packs will crash on attempting to load with a 4GB allocation.

At a minimum you will need 5-6GB... I run at about 7.5GB myself.

Reactions: Timetheos
T

Timetheos

You aren't going to find any Modded 1.12 packs that can run in 4GB worthy of being called "Modded". Most 1.12 packs will crash on attempting to load with a 4GB allocation.

At a minimum you will need 5-6GB... I run at about 7.5GB myself.

I'd wish they'd just state that on the mod page.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
I'd wish they'd just state that on the mod page.
I think most FTB packs does that, taking Revelation as a example as you mentioned that pack above:
upload_2019-2-18_5-59-6.png
EDIT: Here's one for Ultimate Reloaded as well:
upload_2019-2-18_6-2-20.png

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
I've been able to run my own modded instance (78 mods, including industrial craft and thaumcraft) and also the modpack "Roguelike Adventures and Dungeons" (129 mods) with 4GB assigned just fine.

Unless the OP was talking about having only 4GB installed in his system, in that case, it's going to be tough.