How do you fly fast using Modular Powersuit?

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
Check your weight. The lighter you are, the faster you move. Also remember that if you have the power tool currently selected it adds it's weight as well. Trying holding something else in your hand and see if you move faster.

D

Deleted member 42074

Try taking everything but the legs off, then put walk + sprint assist on full then wear a jetpack.
Also turn your plating all the way down.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
Fly control doesn't seem very smooth, i'm just using advance jetpack with modular powersuit head/feet/pants but not torso, I decrease the weight of the battery and i was like 50kg before

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
advanced jetpack doesn't work with MPS flight control system, it has its own builtin.

use MPS jetpack + MPS flight control.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I found that putting amour modules to no weight, using high end batteries set on minimum capacity (and weight) and putting glider+Jump assist+sprint assist (+ friction generator to keep power) makes you able to fly really fast across the map.

Plus, it is something accessible for a low cost compared to jetpack and flight control.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
My entire suit including power tool is 20 kg. Another guy on the server was bragging about how fast he could fly. We had a mini race and I flew past him like he was stood still. :D

To answer the inevitably asked question :

Helmet : 0 kg.
- Special : -
- Energy : solar generator
- Enviro : water electro
- Armour : energy shield on max
- Cosmetic : -

Torso : 10 kg.
- Special : -
- Energy : elite battery on max
- Movement : parachute, glider and jetpack on max

Legs : 10 kg.
- Energy : Kinetic gen on max (4kg), elite battery on half size (6kg)
- Movement : sprint assist on max x3, swim boost set to around 300mm/s

Feet : 0 Kg
- Energy : -
- Movement : shock absorber on max

Tool : 0 kg.
- Weapon : melee assist (impact on max, carry-through on 0). Knockback just gives skeletons more chances to shoot at you so I don't use it.
- Tool : axe & pickaxe on max, shovel on 20x.
- Special : aqua affinity on max & diamond drill upgrade. I don't use the crafting table or blink drive because the mouse scroll wheel gets in the way when crouching. I prefer the EE minium stone for crafting anyway.
- Energy : -

Gives me 7.87m J total which has never run out as the solar and kinetic generators seemingly generate enough energy. The 'feel' is beautiful - feels very light and agile when flying and flies horizontally at a crazy fast speed with space and fwd pressed together. You could always increase the elite battery size in the legs to give you more storage if you require it. It will take multiple creeper explosions at point blank range without any drama too.

I find the sprint speed is just right for making good progress around your base without being uncontrollably fast like the quantum legs are and I also toggle F in the GUI to be the jetpack so that I can switch it off when not out exploring. The reason for that is it makes it difficult jumping up 1 high blocks as it activates the jetpack - toggling it off means you can jump as normal. You could of course equip the step-assist module but personally I don't like how that feels.

Give it a try Neoxon and see if that flying speed is fast enough for you with that set-up. ;)

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I am glad to see my video is circulating (but yikes to my S3 bill the last few months). Isamu lost the race with me and now General Galaxy won the contract. YF-21s for everyone.

There are exactly 3 tricks to how I got that fast:
  1. Maxed out sprint assist; run then jump.
  2. Maxed out power jetboots and jetpack.
  3. A battery big enough to not die after a few seconds of use.
3 is obvious, but most people don't get how #1 works. Note that you can even do that with an advanced jetpack from Gravisuite, although it feels a bit weirder.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
I am glad to see my video is circulating (but yikes to my S3 bill the last few months). Isamu lost the race with me and now General Galaxy won the contract. YF-21s for everyone.

There are exactly 3 tricks to how I got that fast:
  1. Maxed out sprint assist; run then jump.
  2. Maxed out power jetboots and jetpack.
  3. A battery big enough to not die after a few seconds of use.
3 is obvious, but most people don't get how #1 works. Note that you can even do that with an advanced jetpack from Gravisuite, although it feels a bit weirder.

Looking at the speed the waypoint marker distance is coming down that seems to be comparable to the speed of my set-up above. Do you find jetboots make any difference to the speed? I've tried it both with and without them and I'm not seeing any difference in speed? :confused: What weight is yours out of curiosity?

ETA: Just done a quick speed test from a shoreline out over an ocean - 1000 blocks in exactly 20 seconds. :)

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
reminder: weight is irrelevant until 25kg

Nice! I didn't know that. By the way, is the "static generator" mentioned on your site actually called the "kinetic generator" in game, or am I going to get shouted at again for using an outdated version of the mod where the name has since changed? :oops:

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at the speed the waypoint marker distance is coming down that seems to be comparable to the speed of my set-up above. Do you find jetboots make any difference to the speed? I've tried it both with and without them and I'm not seeing any difference in speed? :confused: What weight is yours out of curiosity?

ETA: Just done a quick speed test from a shoreline out over an ocean - 1000 blocks in exactly 20 seconds. :)

The jetboots let you actually gain height while flying forward. The peak speed is from the sprint assist.

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
I have a power suit with EVERYTHING MAX.
with the head i'm not able to fly very fast. when i remove the head, i'm literally a rocket.. don't know what happens there, but it learned to live with it: put y head back from time to time for a second to feed :) and and in dark places (night vision is awesome)

the quantum suit is garbage compared..

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I have a power suit with EVERYTHING MAX.
with the head i'm not able to fly very fast. when i remove the head, i'm literally a rocket.. don't know what happens there, but it learned to live with it: put y head back from time to time for a second to feed :) and and in dark places (night vision is awesome)

the quantum suit is garbage compared..

Weight. End of mystery.