am i getting scammed or something

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

femininecuttlefish

Jul 29, 2019
so at what point did you have to install the twitch app to play FTB? am i on some phishing website or something. is this gonna mine bitcoins or some shit. can someone link me the actual download for FTB revelation so i can play it without adware

AdjectivePants

Jul 29, 2019
The twitch app is the easiest way of playing an FTB modpack. I’m not sure how you ended up on a sketchy website, as the download for the twitch client is pretty easy to find. I’ve linked it below for you.

I also don’t understand what you mean by “at what point did you have to install the twitch app”. So I’d need further clarification to answer that question.

https://app.twitch.tv/

Last edited:

femininecuttlefish

Jul 29, 2019
The twitch app is the easiest way of playing an FTB modpack. I’m not sure how you ended up on a sketchy website, as the download for the twitch client is pretty easy to find. I’ve linking it below for you.

I also don’t understand what you mean by “at what point did you have to install the twitch app”. So I’d need further clarification to answer that question.

https://app.twitch.tv/

when i played it last, it had its own launcher and i didnt have to download some other garbage i dont care for in order to play it. im curious about when this change happened. did some sponsor thing occur? and if youre saying "easiest" does that mean theres an alternative way to play it without the adware?

EDIT: yeah the twitch adware wasnt required and my bud told me of a different launcher that does the job. cool. im still really surprised at how a modding scene made a turn towards being its own corporate entity. surreal as hell. i guess its this curse thing? i was always surprised at every separate mod download being behind an adwall of like 200 viruses but i didnt expect adware sponsorships from massive corporations on a modpack lol

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Where have you been? It's been about 3 or 4 years since Curse started hosting FTB launcher in 2015 or 2016. Twitch acquired Curse and Amazon bought Twitch since then.

femininecuttlefish

Jul 29, 2019
Where have you been? It's been about 3 or 4 years since Curse started hosting FTB launcher in 2015 or 2016. Twitch acquired Curse and Amazon bought Twitch since then.
what a horrible fate. im sorry you guys that are actually in the scene have to deal with that now.

also idk what made my last message get hit with the "needs mod approval" but i found out how the "toss files into launcher of choice" thing works and my bud hooked me up with a decent one

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Having reread my post after I've had coffee I realize I may have come off a bit harsh with the "Where have you been" question... Also, Twitch isn't the only way to launch the game, but it's the "Official" launcher for FtB, in addition to providing the largest selection of malware free mods and packs.

The launcher also provides probably the simplest method to customize packs or even make your own.

As for alternate launchers I think MultiMC is still out there, and I've seen people mention converting Twitch packages to use FtB within MultiMC.