[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Classic, posting a bunch of completely unhelpful comments because you are too lazy to even read the description of the problem, then playing the victim. Don't kid yourself, you were not helping at all.

It was the usual cobblestone made by Thaumcraft extruder. It was in a barrel, though.
Desman, if I'm reading the above correctly, the conversation starts to go badly south on this comment: "I specifically said top and left-right slots. Nothing is blocked. This isn't rocket science ffs. "

I'll allow that I might be missing something, but if not, this is where the problems in the conversation starts: with a poorly constructed response to the person helping you. The fact that you weren't excited by his questions and/or suggestions is actually irrelevant.

Reactions: Sixpaq

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Does the macerator actually process the cobble when you insert it manually?
(thinking it might be a recycling recipe rather than ore recipe- which gives it a different power throughput)

Also what version of Infitech you using?
One of us could benchmark it our end to verify if its a mod/pack bug or an install issue.

-------------EDIT-------------

Tested this in my instance (3.2.20)
Can confirm a vanilla hopper will not insert into a bronze or steel macerator. LV and higher works fine though.

Anyone got a 3.2.21 instance they can use? Visiting family ATM and won't be able to do much more until I return.

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Does the macerator actually process the cobble when you insert it manually?
(thinking it might be a recycling recipe rather than ore recipe- which gives it a different power throughput)

Also what version of Infitech you using?
One of us could benchmark it our end to verify if its a mod/pack bug or an install issue.

I went back to a save from about six months ago (GT 5.09) and same issue, the macerator will process cobble into sand, but the hopper won't insert it. I did try and search though config/scripts but couldn't find anything (still might be there, just couldn't find anything).

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
I can remember using hoppers on steam machines- but that might have been GT5u (the FTN version of this pack) rather than GT5 (this version). Might have been something when I played but that was years ago.

Problem is I rarely screencap the steam machines as its just just a noob pile waiting to be bulldozed.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I can remember using hoppers on steam machines- but that might have been GT5u (the FTN version of this pack) rather than GT5 (this version). Might have been something when I played but that was years ago.

Problem is I rarely screencap the steam machines as its just just a noob pile waiting to be bulldozed.

The hoppers work perfectly well with ores at least - just seems to be cobble that doesn't want to pay ball.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Desman, if I'm reading the above correctly, the conversation starts to go badly south on this comment: "I specifically said top and left-right slots. Nothing is blocked. This isn't rocket science ffs. "

I'll allow that I might be missing something, but if not, this is where the problems in the conversation starts: with a poorly constructed response to the person helping you. The fact that you weren't excited by his questions and/or suggestions is actually irrelevant.
The conversation went south when people kept asking for screenshots of a machine with a hopper attached, a vanilla concept, as if it's some kind of user error. This is a frequent case of "helpers" not actually taking the time to read and comprehend the problem and instead just posting random unhelpful suggestions.

The hoppers work perfectly well with ores at least - just seems to be cobble that doesn't want to pay ball.
I just did some more testing, and thaumcraft purified metal clusters also don't work with hoppers. Normal things like gregtech ores and crushed variants, bones/blaze rods get piped in just fine.

I play the latest 3.2.21 Infitech 2. The macerators does process the cobblestone (vanilla cobblestone 3).

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Because while hoppers into a machine are a simple vanilla concept, Gregtech is NOT simple, nor is it vanilla.The steam powered macerator requires a side to be free to vent steam and any block will block it and stop the operation of the machine. Best advice I can give is to use it manually until you upgrade out of the steam tier.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Because while hoppers into a machine are a simple vanilla concept, Gregtech is NOT simple, nor is it vanilla.The steam powered macerator requires a side to be free to vent steam and any block will block it and stop the operation of the machine. Best advice I can give is to use it manually until you upgrade out of the steam tier.

The vent is not the issue. We've already established that hoppers do work in general with steam machines (not boilers). Desman has found some exceptions.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The conversation went south when people kept asking for screenshots of a machine with a hopper attached, a vanilla concept, as if it's some kind of user error. This is a frequent case of "helpers" not actually taking the time to read and comprehend the problem and instead just posting random unhelpful suggestions.
That's how debugging/troubleshooting works. You say your computer doesn't work: I ask if its plugged in.

I'm entitled to ask that question. You're entitled to be annoyed about it. You're not entitled to say "ffs, this isn't rocket science" about it.

Or rather, you are entitled to it, but nobody cares about you or your problem after that point and you're on your own.

All the well-worded descriptions in the world are inferior to pictures btw.

Reactions: LordPINE and Sixpaq

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
That's how debugging/troubleshooting works. You say your computer doesn't work: I ask if its plugged in.

I'm entitled to ask that question. You're entitled to be annoyed about it. You're not entitled to say "ffs, this isn't rocket science" about it.

Or rather, you are entitled to it, but nobody cares about you or your problem after that point and you're on your own.

All the well-worded descriptions in the world are inferior to pictures btw.
That's not how troubleshooting works. If I say that my windows key suddenly isn't working, you don't ask if my computer is plugged in.

That's where I'm fully entitled to realize that "hey, nobody is actually reading what I've been saying".

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
You're both right;
if my windows key is the only one not working and you ask me if the keyboards plugged in then expect an impolite answer.
if all the keys have stopped working then 'is it plugged in?' is a reasonable question. (although if the answer is 'no' then it is very embarrassing, hence people getting a little ticked off).

On topic;
a) asking for a screenshot is very often the default request when dealing with 'in game' issues. Is the same as asking for a crashlog when the game properly breaks. 90% of the time it will reveal the issue since we get to see the entire setup in its full context.
[examples of this could be a nearby redstone torch/lever accidentally turning off a machine, inadvertently blocking a steam vent, pipes facing the wrong direction, or an incorrectly assembled multiblock]

b) [with the probably exception of hoppers] not everyone on here is familiar with Vanilla MC (just watch some Direwolf videos). A good number of us haven't played vanilla for several years, and will occasionally go 'oh thats vanilla now? woah....' on a feature thats been in the game for years.

As for this bug;
I've tested this in my instance (pack version 3.2.20) and hoppers would not insert anything into steam macerators
Desmen tested this in 3.2.21, its specifically cobblestone and other stuff worked fine- suggesting its probably a bug.

I guess a few other things Des could check would be electric variants of the macerator, and other steam machine that can process cobblestone.

Sadly this is an old version of MC and an old pack, so unless a patch has already been written its quite unlikely a fix will ever be made. If there is a patchthen updating Gt could fix this.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yes yes, all I care about is civilized responses. If we feel that people aren't reading properly, let's address that in a better manner. As far as I can tell Desman's identified an interesting breakage of consistency, so that should be explored properly. If it can't be explored without cussing, don't explore it at all (on ftb)

Y

ybl666

Hello everyone, some days ago I started playing infitech again and even though I like the pack the most in terms of variety and the fact that it includes IC2/Gregtech, I still like to customize settings and make my own adjustments here and there.

My question is: How can I reactivate recipes of mods that are installed in the pack but were disabled ? I am thinking mostly about the OpenBlocks Hangglider. I know that there is the glider addon for the Darksteel armor but I still want the simple hangglider ;)

I am thankful for any tips or pointers as to in which config or script to look as I spend already hours digging through the files ;)

greetings,

ybl

H

headsh0t_harry

Hi all,

Been playing Infitech 2 for some time now, really quite enjoy it, however I set myself a challenge of trying to create a Galgadorian Drill. I found an awesome recipe flow to help, and I started plodding through the parts, but now I'm totally stuck on obtaining "Fiery Blood".
Bit of searching around and seems I need to find my way into the Twilight Forest and kill a Hydra.
Looked at how to create a portal to the Twilight Forest, but that doesn't work (or at least I'm doing it wrong!).

Any chance anyone could pass on some pointers for this please? This is bugging the **** out of me now!

Many thanks.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Fiery Blood catches everyone. Even I forget it (again). @Xavion set it up, he might recall the specifics. Short version though, make sure you read quest and thaumcraft entries carefully.