Pipes. Again.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Wait, there's advanced versions too??

Advanced as in "not basic" just in case there's confusion there. The advanced ones are a lot like the old regular ones, just a bit faster with capacitors. And there's a basic tier that's easier to make but slow as molasses. The advanced tier takes some work to make, though.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Wait. 1 1/2 size blocks, though? I hadn't seen that at all. Unless there is another tier even higher than that? Maybe I'm the one that's confused

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Wait. 1 1/2 size blocks, though? I hadn't seen that at all. Unless there is another tier even higher than that? Maybe I'm the one that's confused
This is what I was wondering about as well! :) The 1 1/2 blocks thing made me go "hrng..."

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Oh... interesting.

My version is a little bit further back so I can still log in in VR once in a while. Now I'm gonna have to find out if it will be compatible with my forge version...

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Aw, man. I don't think I can update to that without breaking my pack :( Any higher forge version will break everything that uses RF, and I'm not 100% sure, but I think that change happened in May, and that version was released in July :(

But damn, considering how fast those normal tiers are, I can't even imagine how fast the super tiered stuff is...

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
It's not moving a stack at a time, though. I'm pretty sure it used to, but now it definitely doesn't. It's pulling 4 at a time.

I know you weren't wanting to go Thermal, but if you have silver and gold to get electrum, the electrum servo moves 32 items at a time, even with the basic itemducts.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, there's advanced versions too??

Correct. There are simple, standard, and advanced machines in EIO. The advanced ones are 1 1/2 blocks tall and are whickedly fast. Couple that advanced sag mill with some signalum balls or similar and I guarantee you cannot pump something into it faster than it can grind.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I know you weren't wanting to go Thermal, but if you have silver and gold to get electrum, the electrum servo moves 32 items at a time, even with the basic itemducts.

I actually made a few of those this morning. They really aren't that hard to make in the slightest, I was being a big baby :)

Reactions: SolManX

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Added note about the basic EnderIO machines is they will not store power. Done smelting/grinding? It will still consume the RF it's storing and any other RF it has coming to it, even idle.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I hope its ok to necro this thread since it is basically the same discussion.

What fluid pipes (or other option) can I use for unlimited (or near unlimited) liquid/steam? I have a Mekanism Industrail Turbine that can process 2m millibuckets of steam per tick and aside from having a silly piping system, I can't seem to find the right solution. I am currently using Mek's electric pump to pull water and could use a better suggestion there too.

I am on the Stoneblock pack. Thanks!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I don't have your answer, but I did want to pop in and say I'm pro-necro here. :p Mainly because there's no reason to keep making a new thread for the same questions all the time. Make one big old pipe thread and keep bumping it with other pipe questions until it's a thread full of pipe answers people can google if they need help.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I'm with Ham, that's more of a nudge awake than full on Necromancy - and it was done with a subject-appropriate post that's sparked more discussion!

Now, a question for you Red: Have you tried out Thermal Dynamics's Super-Laminar fluiduct? That's supposed to have a very high throughput as long as its kept up.

Reactions: Reddis

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
@GamerwithnoGame I will look at those fluiducts, thank you.

Regarding the necro - I figure it was polite to apologize even if it wasn't necessary. People can get kinda touchy on forums sometimes =P