Modding partnership

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I'm aware this is a fairly big/tricky request for a fairly niche purpose, so if you don't want to do it I fully understand. Either way; thank you for putting the offer out here.

Could you build a mod that'll offer energy compatibility between the Forge Energy(/Rf) and Gregtech:CE energy network. So I can directly run Gt machines off an Rf source/cable and vice versa.
I'm not looking for a magic transformer block, but automatic seamless conversion at the wire terminals.
By example; Gtech gas turbine ->Immersive Engineering cables -> Industrial blast furnace, or waterwheel dynamo ->annealed copper wire ->plate bender​

Ideally this'll have different configurable values for Rf->Gt and Gt ->Rf, with set to -1 to disable the conversion.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Seamless conversion isn't possible, it would require modifying GT machines or cables. From my little knowledge about gregtech, the authors want players to use their energy system only. In such case, I would have to write a coremod which makes GT machines accept "rf", but nobody likes coremods. Magic transformer block really is a simplest approach here.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Ok, thats fair enough.

I did have this other idea for 'hardcore ecology' which makes the world a little more dynamic and destructive based on player activity.
Essentially this uses the same spreading mechanic as grass to allow other plants to take over.

Mycelium can spread over grass/podzol/farmland at the same speed it can over dirt.
This would uproot plants/crops/saplings ect.
Mycelium can sometimes grow small red/brown mushrooms as long as there isn't too many in the immediate area. (say max 5 per 5x5 area centered on the shroom)
Leaf/vine blocks vertically above mycelium slowly decay.​
The overall effect of this would appear like the mycelium taking over and growing into a fungi forest.

TiCon slime-grass blocks would also have a similar effect;
Grows over dirt/grass/podzol ect at twice normal rate.
Grows over mycelium at 4x normal rate.
Dirt blocks touching slimegrass/slimy mud will convert to slimy mud at normal rate
Slimy mud grows into slime-grass in direct sunlight
Converts leaves/vines/logs ect into slime version. Mushroom blocks convert to slimy wood.
The liquid slime (found in slime islands) will rapidly convert grass/dirt to slimy mud on contact.​

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Would you be so kind, as to make a 1.12 version of the peaceful table?

I've made mention before that my GF is quite visually impaired, and she basically has to play on peaceful or else she gets destroyed by mobs. Baby zombies especially...
She has stuck with 1.7.4 packs that include the peaceful table because that's the only way she can get mob drops.

I've asked before, and some mods have been suggested, but they were not quite what she would need.

Just a table, with some chests and a sword in it to work (also can you make it accept tinker's swords? old 1.7.4 version ignored tinkers due to the "indestructible" aspect you could make them)

Please, this would make her year!

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Ok, thats fair enough.

I did have this other idea for 'hardcore ecology' which makes the world a little more dynamic and destructive based on player activity.
Essentially this uses the same spreading mechanic as grass to allow other plants to take over.

Mycelium can spread over grass/podzol/farmland at the same speed it can over dirt.
This would uproot plants/crops/saplings ect.
Mycelium can sometimes grow small red/brown mushrooms as long as there isn't too many in the immediate area. (say max 5 per 5x5 area centered on the shroom)
Leaf/vine blocks vertically above mycelium slowly decay.​
The overall effect of this would appear like the mycelium taking over and growing into a fungi forest.

TiCon slime-grass blocks would also have a similar effect;
Grows over dirt/grass/podzol etc at twice normal rate.
Grows over mycelium at 4x normal rate.
Dirt blocks touching slimegrass/slimy mud will convert to slimy mud at normal rate
Slimy mud grows into slime-grass in direct sunlight
Converts leaves/vines/logs ect into slime version. Mushroom blocks convert to slimy wood.
The liquid slime (found in slime islands) will rapidly convert grass/dirt to slimy mud on contact.​

This will require "overwriting" these blocks with my versions. Do you want me to do that?

Would you be so kind, as to make a 1.12 version of the peaceful table?

I've made mention before that my GF is quite visually impaired, and she basically has to play on peaceful or else she gets destroyed by mobs. Baby zombies especially...
She has stuck with 1.7.4 packs that include the peaceful table because that's the only way she can get mob drops.

I've asked before, and some mods have been suggested, but they were not quite what she would need.

Just a table, with some chests and a sword in it to work (also can you make it accept tinker's swords? old 1.7.4 version ignored tinkers due to the "indestructible" aspect you could make them)

Please, this would make her year!
I know peaceful table was in extra utilities, and I haven't used any of them. What exact functionality it needs? I only know that it generates mob drops over time.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
The peaceful table basically "simulated" mob kills with the tool you gave it, depending on the environment it was in. So in a nether fortress, it would kill wither skeletons and pigmen, while in the overworld, it would kill creepers and zombies.

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
@Cptqrk I've made a prototype of the peaceful table.
ddLzvGo.png

It kills biome-specific monsters. Supply its upper slots with swords. Mob drops will go to lower slots. It kills a mob every 10-15 seconds. Swords can be fed from the top, and drops retrieved from the bottom of this block.
Requires this library - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yUSSeC9Yr_QB9xZ0Py_m3bJCWKO-9faV
Actual mod - https://drive.google.com/open?id=11V7A469pBxilznAdhH-0BxQ0aaf1LivL
TinCon's weapons don't work, I might include them in next version.

Reactions: Cptqrk

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
In the old table, there were recipes added to make nether stars and an end dragon egg.
Could you include that in the next version as well?

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Next version is ready:
Tinker's construct swords now work in the table;
changed table model to an actual table;
added recipes of nether star and dragon egg;
implemented Shift + clicking in the table;
Download from https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iwRVGsZyXX5iX1rCv7hHHeT99e_-UQVb

Sorry it took me a bit to get to testing this, been stupidly busy as of late.

Tried to add the Killer table to the DW20 1.12 pack (via open mod pack and add a copy of the jar file to the mods folder)
and got this error/crash

The game crashed whilst initializing game
Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: alexiy/table/TileKillerTable

Woops, forgot to copy over the library file as well, it works well!

I don't see Wither Skeletons though on the available mobs, even when placing in a Nether Fortress. Intended? I see a Wither Skeleton Skull recipe, so not the end of the world :)

Last edited:

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013

Alexiy

Mar 3, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Slight issue, I tested it in creative and all was well,

Then I loaded up and tried to actually craft the table, 5 diamonds in a helm pattern.... you see the conflict?
Won't make the table, just the Diamond Helm......

Maybe add something else to the crafting to avoid this?
Lol, what a fail on my end...
Can you suggest a recipe?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Well, the 5 Diamonds are fine, easy enough to get, how about a crafting table in the middle?
Add an emerald? The old one needed 4 iirc
Up to you really