Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
can someone give me their mods folder for ftb reborn? bc ive tired everything to fix my file and nothing works

Without any sort of information (links to a crash log on pastebin would be great), I can't make suggestions on how to fix your file, but if you want to start it over from scratch, why not just delete the folder and redownload all the mods through the launcher? You could probably even preserve your save file by pulling the 'saves' folder out before deleting.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Without any sort of information (links to a crash log on pastebin would be great), I can't make suggestions on how to fix your file, but if you want to start it over from scratch, why not just delete the folder and redownload all the mods through the launcher? You could probably even preserve your save file by pulling the 'saves' folder out before deleting.

In addition to making a backup copy of my world (located inside the "saves" folder), I also copy the Journeymap "data" directory (if Journeymap mod is part of the modpack) and for v1.7.10 Minecraft, I also copy the TCNodeTracker folder (if Thaumcraft is part of the modpack, and if the NodeTracker mod is also installed).

Those are my three critical folders that I backup, because I generally do a lot of exploring and mapping when I play a modpack, and I'd hate to lose all of that work.

While it sure would make a TON of common sense... sadly, not all important folders are stored in the "saves" world folder. So you have to grab a few other folders as well.

S

SmellyOldCheese

All, this is my first post so please be gentle! l'm trying to create a list of fluids in the Horizons III pack in order to use Integrated tunnels with the Igneous Extruder. The trouble is that the variable I've created, using tank reader and materializer, is not being recognised as a fluid in the logic programmer. Bug or newb fail?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
All, this is my first post so please be gentle! l'm trying to create a list of fluids in the Horizons III pack in order to use Integrated tunnels with the Igneous Extruder. The trouble is that the variable I've created, using tank reader and materializer, is not being recognised as a fluid in the logic programmer. Bug or newb fail?

I'm not sure I could chalk it up to 'newb fail', as it sounds quite complicated to me. Might help sort out where the issue is if you could post how you've got things configured right now (in the non-working setup)?

S

SmellyOldCheese

OniyaMCD, I've figured this particular one out - I needed to use buckets of fluid in the logic programmer. I'm now faced with the issue of exporting fluids: I can't get the integrated tunnels fluid exporter to work.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Got a bit of a random one, related to Thaumcraft 4.

Does wand charging via nodes work through blocks, when on a wand recharge pedestal, or does it require line of action?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I believe if you run it through a Node Energizer, it takes away the 'Hungry' aspect.
See, this I know of, and its something I'm considering doing later, but right now its proving to be a handy thing for charging - by hand. What I'd like to try and do is get it charging while I'm absent, without it being destroyed, until I can get to the point where I can look at energising it!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
How would one energize it in the first place, without having it be destroyed?

From everything I've seen - having plenty of spare stabilizers/energizers on hand. Or tainting it, since that also removes the Hungry aspect, and then using Ethereal Blooms to purify/contain it.

Reactions: LordPINE
M

MikW

Is it better to make a lot of small ME drives (1k-4k) or 1 big ME drive (64k)?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019

Don't think there's a definitive answer.

One thing you an consider is that all of the cells can contain a maximum of 63 item-types (http://ae-mod.info/ME-Storage-Math/) so if you have more than 63 item-types, you're definitely going to need at least two cells, whatever size.

Personally, I go for more smaller cells (try to start with 4k) even though that costs more materials in the long run. Of course if you've got a huge amount of resources, it doesn't really matter that much.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Got a bit of a random one, related to Thaumcraft 4.

Does wand charging via nodes work through blocks, when on a wand recharge pedestal, or does it require line of action?
Can confirm: charging wands on a pedestal works through blocks - my wand is safe from the hungry node :D

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

For what kind of items? Large amounts of the same kind of item work better in larger drives, lots of different kinds of item that you don't get as much of work better in smaller drives.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Small drives are generally enough. In a multi-mod environment, many people use Bins/Caches/DSU's/Storage Drawers to store a lot of a single item purely because it's cheaper and easier., although of course you have to manage your channels.

M

MikW

Thanks. I made a 16k one that stores almost all my important items that I have in pretty big numbers (1.5k redstone, 1k iron, 1k copper, and other stuff that I have hundreds of) along with important stuff like ender pearls and such. Fits quite nicely. Will make a few extra 4k and 1k drives for other misc items.