Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Do the Dimension Flares have any purpose other than killing you if you haven't completed the monument?

Actually, I've also got a more relevant question. I'm trying to feed my pebble bed reactor core using the Item Distribution Node, but when I place pellets into the input chest, they're disappearing, but instead of being sent to the reactor, it seems like more than half of them are just vanishing altogether. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Seems PBRs don't take kindly to putting full stacks of fuel in at a time. Using Vanilla Hoppers as a buffer, which seems to be working fine.

Last edited:
C

ConnCraft

Oh, ok. I thought it was a cold biome because it snows there.

Next issue...:(

My table suddenly stopped recognizing the temple setup. I broke and replaced blocks, including the table itself, and it doesn't work. It has the first diamond lit up, and the next two have the circle+slash on them. Is this a known bug? Also, in the temple section of the book, it has green numbers next to the numbers of blocks. If those are the blocks the table recognizes(IDK how it would even do that), it's not recognizing most of the crystal stone except for the plain version.

EDIT:Oooookay, I restarted the world and it fixed itself?

Last edited:

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Reika, how would you feel about adding an item or ability that lets you leave the Dimension at will, but is gated behind it? This way, the first time you go, you would still have to leave the normal way, but on future visits you wouldn't have to spend time looking around. (Phrased that to be as small a spoiler as possible)

Reactions: LordPINE
N

n8crafter

I've noticed a good number of unused items and blocks present in Chromaticraft in my time playing with it. I understand that some newer items will have uses in the future, and some items have been explicitly disused (like dye grass), but other items, like the four crystal bunches and the "chassis" items, do not seem to have a use. the multi crystal doesn't seem to have an apparent use, even though it is acquirable in survival mode.

other seemingly unused or unfinished items are the polycrystal, the hologram, and a few others.
i'm hesitant to include the pylon network node, because it seems finished, but has no use that is evident to me.

what I'm wondering is, are these items just byproducts of your development on the mod and won't have use in the future, or are they part of still-upcoming features that have been in development for a longer period of time?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I've noticed a good number of unused items and blocks present in Chromaticraft in my time playing with it. I understand that some newer items will have uses in the future, and some items have been explicitly disused (like dye grass), but other items, like the four crystal bunches and the "chassis" items, do not seem to have a use. the multi crystal doesn't seem to have an apparent use, even though it is acquirable in survival mode.

other seemingly unused or unfinished items are the polycrystal, the hologram, and a few others.
i'm hesitant to include the pylon network node, because it seems finished, but has no use that is evident to me.

what I'm wondering is, are these items just byproducts of your development on the mod and won't have use in the future, or are they part of still-upcoming features that have been in development for a longer period of time?
Most often a half-implemented thing is either something I had the idea for part of (most commonly a render), but lacked ideas for the rest of the functionality and thus was put on hold, or something I started designing and ran into intractable issues during implementation, which froze work on the item/block/etc completely. The polycrystal is an example of the latter - the rendering system for it being the problem area - and the multicrystal and crystal branches are an example of the former (items implemented because I liked the texture, but have no ideas for a use for).

A third category might just be something I lost motivation for (usually because I realized the thing in question would be unpopular and not used, thus making it a waste of effort), including several half-implemented CC structures, and the hologram.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I've found that ChromatiCraft has a custom recipe system, but I can't find any documentation or clear examples of it. Would it be possible to either give an example, or to document this feature? It would allow far better integration with other mods.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
C

ConnCraft

Okay, just found a pylon that didn't work for some reason. No shocks or power. After a bit of googling I ran /debugtest and it zapped me. Now it's a different color pylon, but my compasss shows 2 there.....I guess it's a bug?
https://imgur.com/a/jry6sVb

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Okay, just found a pylon that didn't work for some reason. No shocks or power. After a bit of googling I ran /debugtest and it zapped me. Now it's a different color pylon, but my compasss shows 2 there.....I guess it's a bug?
https://imgur.com/a/jry6sVb
It was missing its structure. That command makes all pylons regenerate their structures and, if you interact with them, change their colors.

It also does a ton of other things; you probably want to start a new world if this was supposed to be for survival.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
It was missing its structure. That command makes all pylons regenerate their structures and, if you interact with them, change their colors.

It also does a ton of other things; you probably want to start a new world if this was supposed to be for survival.

Related to this, is it possible to have pylons generate after other structures (or at least take priority over them) so that if a pylon generates next to, say, a village, its structure isn't overwritten?

C

ConnCraft

So i need to start a new world, or can i play a backup? Also, you say it was missing its structure, but that's kind of confusing. If it was a pink tower originally, then why did my compass say it was a yellow one? That might be me fault for not clarifying originally.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
So i need to start a new world, or can i play a backup? Also, you say it was missing its structure, but that's kind of confusing. If it was a pink tower originally, then why did my compass say it was a yellow one? That might be me fault for not clarifying originally.

That depends on when the backup was taken.

Related to this, is it possible to have pylons generate after other structures (or at least take priority over them) so that if a pylon generates next to, say, a village, its structure isn't overwritten?
They already do. The problem is when another chunk generates later and extends into the pylon's chunk.

Reactions: lucariomaster2
F

Fishy51

To add to this, also try clearing debris away from the pylon.
I found that when I upgraded my pylons and had to replace a block in ones that were previously working they wouldn't reform until the debris (leaves, snow, etc.) was cleared away and then replaced the block.

On another note, as a lover of tower defense games, the defense towers are very satisfying to watch and enjoyed the flavour text.