Batch File Error

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
J

JoeShmugg

Title Batch File Error

Launcher Type Server

Modpack SkyFactory 3

Modpack version 3.0.15

Have you modified the pack? Yes

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/c67700bc

Details of the issue When I click on the ServerStart.bat file it comes with this error...

Starting server
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option PermSize; support was removed in 8.0
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: Option UseParNewGC was deprecated in version 9.0 and will likely be removed in a future release.
Unrecognized VM option 'CMSIncrementalPacing'
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Exiting...
Press any key to continue . . .

Please Help Me!

Last edited by a moderator:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
When I click on the ServerStart.bat file it comes with this error...
Did you edit that file?

If yes - then remove it and replace it with the one in the zip-file.

There's a file called settings.bat - right click on that and select "EDIT"

Change this line:
set MAX_RAM=3072M

To:
set MAX_RAM=4096M

If you want to allocate more - amounts gb x 1024 (1024,2048,3072,4096,5120,6144 and so on)

Things to think about:

Is this a shared machine that's running both client and server - then you need to balance allocated ram between the 2 and how much total is on that machine.

Don't allocate everything you have, leave some for the OS and other applications as well (this is valid regardless of shared or dedicated).

If you need suggestions on how much to allocate, please tell more about your machine / machines.

Reactions: JoeShmugg
J

JoeShmugg

Did you edit that file?

If yes - then remove it and replace it with the one in the zip-file.

There's a file called settings.bat - right click on that and select "EDIT"

Change this line:
set MAX_RAM=3072M

To:
set MAX_RAM=4096M

If you want to allocate more - amounts gb x 1024 (1024,2048,3072,4096,5120,6144 and so on)

Things to think about:

Is this a shared machine that's running both client and server - then you need to balance allocated ram between the 2 and how much total is on that machine.

Don't allocate everything you have, leave some for the OS and other applications as well (this is valid regardless of shared or dedicated).

If you need suggestions on how much to allocate, please tell more about your machine / machines.

It still says the same error message
and i checked and imon the latest java
but my java-test.log file says this...

java version "9.0.1"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.1+11)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.1+11, mixed mode)

any thoughts?

J

JoeShmugg

Yes, remove java 9 and install latest version 8

Thank you that helped but now im getting this message...

No java binary in path. Can't run server, exiting...
Press any key to continue . . .

Any clue what this means?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Did you install latest 64-bit java 8 version?

Always share full logs (even if they're small), using paste.feed-the-beast.com - and don't share just a chunk of a log, take the full one.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Java isn’t detected in your Windows PATH variable.

Restart the command window you’re trying to run the bat file from then try again. If it still doesn’t work check to see if you have java set in your PATH: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1672281/environment-variables-for-java-installation

You can ignore everything that is not about the PATH variable. When setting it, make sure you use the JRE, not JDK. The link I’m giving is for development which is why you’re ignoring so much of it, but it’ll still work. Also make sure you do not delete or change anything in your PATH unless it’s the old Java 9.

X

x_Kirito

Are you still having this problem? If yes I know an easy way to fix this:
Go to control panel, after that, click on Uninstall a program.
Then search for Java. If you find Java 10 inside there, well uninstall that, and install Java 8.
This actually fixed the problem for me.
Sorry for the late reply, but this is for the guys,who were looking for a solution for this problem.