Pipes mods for 1.12+?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Daihok

Ok sooo im really starting to miss ender IO pipes. I am finding im having hard time cause some pipes from this or that mod is not compatable or configurable with things from this or that mod ect. Any mod that you guys know of that has configurable pipes kinda like ender IO, that can handle fluids, energy and items for 1.12+? Also not really related here but anyone know what the proper ratio is for fermenting barrels per canola press? Im pretty sure its 2 or 3 but dont remember.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
I usually do 4 to 1. Takes it a bit to reach equalibrium but will eventually and keeps a good back log of oil going for your generator.

D

Daihok

Thermal Dynamics. It has fluid, it has item, and it has power conduits. It also has fluxed fluiducts or fluxed itemducts which can do energy plus one of the above.
Yea i tryed thermal dynamics. Problem was the fluid duct for some reason I cant get water to pull from my water source block from pressure pipes mod and go into my carpenter from forestry. This is just one example i have found.

Last edited:

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Dynamics. It has fluid, it has item, and it has power conduits. It also has fluxed fluiducts or fluxed itemducts which can do energy plus one of the above.

This. The logic system behind the TD ducts is grossly underrated. If you're worried about mod compatibility, note to the relevant bug trackers (one to each mod involved usually helps) so they can be fixed. This beats avoiding the problem every time.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Yea i tryed thermal dynamics. Problem was the fluid duct for some reason I cant get water to pull from my water source block from pressure pipes mod and go into my carpenter from forestry. This is just one example i have found.
What source block do you use? I know for a fact it works quite well with Carpenters from Forestry because I've tested it personally.

Did you use a Servo? Not the component from Thermal Foundation, the Servo from TD that will give it the ability to pump automatically. You have to put the servo on the place you want it to pump from, then right-click with a bare hand to bring up the interface, then disable redstone control, and it should start pumping.

TD requires either a servo on the output or a retriever on the input to pump automatically.

Reactions: Daihok
D

Daihok

What source block do you use? I know for a fact it works quite well with Carpenters from Forestry because I've tested it personally.

Did you use a Servo? Not the component from Thermal Foundation, the Servo from TD that will give it the ability to pump automatically. You have to put the servo on the place you want it to pump from, then right-click with a bare hand to bring up the interface, then disable redstone control, and it should start pumping.

TD requires either a servo on the output or a retriever on the input to pump automatically.
Ahh ok thanks for that, I will try that now. I use the infinite water source block from pressure pipes mod.

EDIT: Yea the servo did work thanks for that. Now if i could just figure which mod is causeing explosions not to break blocks, TnT and creepers they do dmg but doesnt break blocks.

Last edited:

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Mekanism has Fluid, Gas, Item and Energy Pipes, I believe Extra Utilities 2 has Fluid and Item as well but no power

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
EDIT: Yea the servo did work thanks for that. Now if i could just figure which mod is causeing explosions not to break blocks, TnT and creepers they do dmg but doesnt break blocks.
Start new threads or try adding an inquiry to the "Ask a simple question.." thread.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Quasi related, also has retrievers, which are sooo fun. And the whole thing just has a "classic but refined" feel to it.

Reactions: Inaeo
D

Daihok

Start new threads or try adding an inquiry to the "Ask a simple question.." thread.
So yea i figured out the issue with explosions. Its ftb utilitys it wont break blocks in claimed chunks, trying to figure out how to fix this but yea im not sure i posted about it in the issues but eh. Just feels cheaty not haveing blocks be able to break by explosions.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
So yea i figured out the issue with explosions. Its ftb utilitys it wont break blocks in claimed chunks, trying to figure out how to fix this but yea im not sure i posted about it in the issues but eh. Just feels cheaty not haveing blocks be able to break by explosions.
It should be in the FTBUtils config file. Likely listed as Mobgiefing, as that's how Minecraft refers to that functionality.

D

Daihok

Ok so am getting use to thermal dynamics now. Thanks Shneekey for telling me about the servos. That bein said what about an alternative for the redstone pipes? Would Xnet work for this?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Dynamics does allow for the transport of redstone signal via one of its ducts. I'm not sure it offers any complicated redstone options, such as gates or timers, but carrying a signal over distance is quite simple. XNet will also do the job if you have it, probably with greater functionality, but I wanted to let you know that TD does have basic transport covered.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Buildcraft's 1.12 version should have gates, which can do fancy things along pipes, including pumping fluid/items automatically.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Buildcraft's 1.12 version should have gates, which can do fancy things along pipes, including pumping fluid/items automatically.
Yea, but that involves a) using Buildcraft, b) deliberately making BC pipes, and c) actually placing them down in world so you can then build gates upon them. Instead of just using Servos, Retrievers, and Filters with Thermal Dynamics to achieve the same functionality without needing to send redstone signals anywhere.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Not all redstone signalling is essentially related to the function of piping. And in any case, the glories of Minecraft is the option to have multiple people using multiple options to do things.

Also, just because it's streamlined and self contained, doesn't make it interesting. I'd much rather have something huge and sprawling.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm actually a bit bummed myself at the lack of pipes in 1.12. I've been trying to find some more old-fashioned-tech pipes (like Gregtech pipes) for a modpack in 1.12, and can't find anything.

If I have to, I'll use thermal dynamics, but they don't have the right look when people are implementing bronze-age steam machines.

Reactions: KingTriaxx

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm actually a bit bummed myself at the lack of pipes in 1.12. I've been trying to find some more old-fashioned-tech pipes (like Gregtech pipes) for a modpack in 1.12, and can't find anything.

If I have to, I'll use thermal dynamics, but they don't have the right look when people are implementing bronze-age steam machines.
You could always opt for ImmEng Conveyor Belts. ;)