[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
How I download the modpack?
https://www.curseforge.com/knowledge-base/minecraft/2755-installing-a-modpack-from-twitch-app
Question, any suggestions as to why dropping Aroma Backup jar in the server mods folder doesn't actually load Aroma Backup when the server starts?
Nope sorry
Hello,

Is there a forum thread about space astronomy 2 ? I couldn't find it :oops:

I would like to know if you recommend a newbie to start on space astronomy 2 or if these are 2 quests totally different.
Nope sorry, and both this pack and Space Astronomy 2 are different but similar packs so playing both will be a good thing overall but not required

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
Since this is the only place I could find SA-related things, could you please consider posting links to SA2 information in the OP as well? Thank you for a great pair of packs.

Last edited:

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
No reason to be a jackass.

If anyone feels like being helpful instead, I would appreciate a suggestion on a good forum or thread to use for talking about Space Astronomy 2, since this one is about a different pack with different mods installed.

Reactions: Pyure

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
No reason to be a jackass.

If anyone feels like being helpful instead, I would appreciate a suggestion on a good forum or thread to use for talking about Space Astronomy 2, since this one is about a different pack with different mods installed.
My links takes you to where you can see all the pages and information about it

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
My links takes you to where you can see all the pages and information about it
There's not even a link to the first place I looked, the Curse page for SA2. But I've looked at the modlist and changelog for SA2 on your pastebin already, sure. The rest of your links point to Space Astronomy information, and none of your links point to a place where I can talk to other players (or yourself) about Space Astronomy 2. I mean, I could use this, but it's pointless. As soon as I ask the question "How are you making a tree farm, folks?" someone would reply with "MFR harvester & planter my dude" and that's not in the modpack I'm talking about. "Hey, how you guys liking JEI?" and someone says, "It's NEI you doofus," because they are different modpacks. I might as well talk about SA2 in a FTB Ultimate thread.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to change the likelihood that you'll find a quartzite vein with immersive engineering? I've searched 950 chunks so far and found everything but platinum and quartzite. Is quartzite turned off?

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to change the likelihood that you'll find a quartzite vein with immersive engineering? I've searched 950 chunks so far and found everything but platinum and quartzite. Is quartzite turned off?

TBH, if you've searched 950 chunks, you've already put in more work than it would have taken to plant a large farm of mystical agriculture crops to give you those resources. I know, it's less fun than a huge beautiful excavator, but save yourself some pain. Also, are you looking in the overworld, the mining dimension, the nether, or a planet?

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
I'm prospecting in the overworld. I've found quartzite in the overworld before... maybe even in an older version of this pack I don't remember.

What mod provides the mystical agriculture crops you're referring to? I don't see anything like that in this pack.

I like the excavator because it's actually pretty easy on my computer compared to setting up any of the various quarries. And I need a ridiculous amount of certus quartz. I want to build one of those big dimensional space things which let you save space onto a disc and then teleport inside the disc... a really big one.

But you're right, I'd have done better to just dig up all the quartz by hand at this point. Kinda makes the immersive engineering mod MUCH less useful.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Alright... I'm done. 1,250 chunks and no quartzite (or platinum.) It's apparently not possible to find it.

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
Alright... I'm done. 1,250 chunks and no quartzite (or platinum.) It's apparently not possible to find it.
I just took a look at the configs (it's in ...Minecraft\Instances\Space Astronomy 2\config) and I didn't see any tuning options for disabling specific deposits. Part of me assumes that if it's possible to prevent access to platinum in the overworld, then that would have been coded for this pack, because it's supposed to be obtained by going to another planet. But that's purely a guess.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Oh... I didn't know platinum was meant to be obtained by going to a different world. I mean... I've mined up platinum just digging around. I haven't tried it but I know you're supposed to be able to get platinum from other veins (like Nickel). But my main concern is getting enough certus quartz. I need a ton. I know there are other ways, but like I said, I was keen on using the excavator since it's easier on my computer than setting up a quarry. Also, I kinda like the feel of immersive engineering.

And it is technically possible that I simply had really (extremely) bad luck when I was prospecting.

Ah well.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Fortunately certus quartz can actually be assembled from molecules using a chemistry set. I think the two most difficult ingredients are aluminum and glow stone dust. That makes things a bit easier.

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
MJRLegends, I really like Forge Microblocks and I'm considering adding it to my install. However, since you didn't include it in this modpack, I wondered if it caused problems that I should know about. Or, maybe another mod does something similar and I just haven't found it yet?

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
I just took a look at the configs (it's in ...Minecraft\Instances\Space Astronomy 2\config) and I didn't see any tuning options for disabling specific deposits. Part of me assumes that if it's possible to prevent access to platinum in the overworld, then that would have been coded for this pack, because it's supposed to be obtained by going to another planet. But that's purely a guess.
This thread isnt for Space Astronomy 2 mod pack

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
MJRLegends, I really like Forge Microblocks and I'm considering adding it to my install. However, since you didn't include it in this modpack, I wondered if it caused problems that I should know about. Or, maybe another mod does something similar and I just haven't found it yet?
Its included in Space Astronomy 1 which this thread is for

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Fortunately certus quartz can actually be assembled from molecules using a chemistry set. I think the two most difficult ingredients are aluminum and glow stone dust. That makes things a bit easier.
Sorry not sure what you mean