Addon instance has no full path

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Same errors as everyone else. No fix. Well done twitch client...

Well, some things to try, at any rate.

1) Shut down anything else using your bandwidth (YouTube, can be a heavy drain)
2) Use a standard connection instead of a VPN.
3) Make sure that your instances are going to the C: drive.
4) Let Twitch manage addons (Honestly not sure about how valid that is.)
5) ::shifty-eyes:: There's always MultiMC.

C

Chicken399

I have the same problem when I try to install any modpack using the twitch app

any help please

J

jladd

I have found a workaround method to fix this using the Twitch app. This was done with Infinity Evolved 3.0.1 after ~30 failed tries (getting Addon instance has no full path every time)
1. Make your own custom modpack (Create Custom Profile tab) using whatever version of Minecraft the modpack you want to play calls for; in my case, 1.7.10
2. Download individually every mod in the modpack you wish to play onto your Custom pack using the Twitch app (I got the error again with a couple mods, just try downloading them again)
3. Try to boot up and play your custom pack
4. Go back to the actual modpack you're trying to play and download it
The download should now succeed and I hope this works for you all

Settings: (Java version 8 update 144)
http://i.imgur.com/ZnuI80m.png
http://i.imgur.com/QFX0klJ.png

L

LukaD12

Still doesnt work lmao, what is twitch doing right now? A part of the community cant download modpacks?

S

Slothierrr

Made an account just because of this problem. I've tried everything suggested here, nothing's worked, emailed support, and nothing back yet. How nice.

C

coudepied

hello
i have a similarie problem whit only modpack.
help me pls

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Question to the tech support guys: Is there any additional information that would help you track this problem down? It is apparently pervasive, and can only hurt the viability of the Twitch platform for modpack distribution.

M

maybeultramagnus

I've been having this problem with every modpack I've tried to install, including a variety of others, and it all started with the update to change the ui. I've tried most things mentioned above but nothing has worked, and allowing twitch to manage the add-ons just completely disables Minecraft, is that what it's supposed to do?

F

Falconeth

So for this problem I went to my settings and below minecraft there is a Addon section I went in there and allowed twitch to manage Addons for games the moment that was done it downloaded no problem at all. Hope this helps if you need a detailed steps just let me know and I will be happy to post them.
This solution worked perfectly for me and it's such a simple fix! Thanks!!!

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, Twitch App updated today, and has the message:

FIXED
  • Minecraftmodpack installation is now really good at not failing.
Crossing my fingers and giving it a try.

EDIT: Updated Forever Stranded without a hitch. Now attempting an install of a new pack.
EDIT 2: Okay, two for two. Which is a sight better than the 0 for 10 I had yesterday.

Last edited:

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Finally. Please, remember to file new bug reports if you still have problems after Twitch app update.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Finally. Please, remember to file new bug reports if you still have problems after Twitch app update.

*salutes* Probably filed at least six on this one. It's super easy compared to other platforms I've tested on - nabs your log for you and everything. You just need to add in what the problem is. I was very impressed.