Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of any information regarding Gregtech's new fusion reactor? Will it break the current one?

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
sup, just wondering, my friends and i like greg-tech and all, but want the mass fabricator back... what is the exact config file that allows the recipe to show up and be used? iv searched the files and found nothing that says "mass fabricator=false/true" only "matter fabricator =True" and that does not add in anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
sup, just wondering, my friends and i like greg-tech and all, but want the mass fabricator back... what is the exact config file that allows the recipe to show up and be used? iv searched the files and found nothing that says "mass fabricator=false/true" only "matter fabricator =True" and that does not add in anything. Any help would be appreciated.

In Recipes.cfg under ic2recpies set Massfabricator=true

EDIT: that's the Recipes.cfg in the GT folder, not sure if other mods have one, but I thought I should clarify.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know of any information regarding Gregtech's new fusion reactor? Will it break the current one?

Yes it will. The coil configuration will be completely different. Lots more coils required, but cheaper individually (he seems to toy with the idea of using machine casings).

Greg showed off some prototypes here. Won't guarantee that that's how it'll be implemented though, since it's still a beta build and Greg updates even his non-beta-builds at least once a day.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
Is this a bug - or me being stupid again? I can pick up any machine with the Omni-Tool wrench - except the Thermal Expansion ones? Those only rotate around their vertical axis. I guess I'm using it wrong - but I can't for the life of me figure out what. >.<

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks. I have plenty of honey as I've got about 300 rockies from all the quarrying. How does one "breed in max fertility"? Is there something specific I need to do?
Take a princess/drone of the bee you want to breed max fertility in and a drone/princess of the wintry branch (preferably wintry princess, since then you will have 4 drones to choose from for refining). After the queen died, choose the drone which most closely matches the stats you want, which includes having max fertility (4 drones) in at least one of their alleles. Now refine over a few generations until you have only the wanted stats stable (meaning they are the same in both alleles for princess and drone) in your final bee.
When I breed (without the genetic machines from extra bees), early on I breed a really good bee and get at least 20 drones of that in my bee chest. When I then start to mutate through the lines, after each step I refine again into the good stats but now with the new species and then produce at least 20 drones again to store. Species which can mutate into many different branches will produce even more drones for storage (e.g. Diligent). Whenever I need one species again from which i have a bunch of drones stored, I can then put the stack of drones into the apiary and simply cycle the princess several times through it, until it has completely taken over the stats from the stack of drones.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Can smart straw golems harvest and plant nether wart?

yep and you will be shocked how fast one in and 9x9 plot of land with 1 dumb wood golem and pile up quickly. I just put them away after they filled a few barrels and I'm set for a long time now.

Freakscar

Jul 29, 2019
shift+right click, not left click
I seem to not be clear enough: I KNOW how to use the Omniwrench - it's just that it refuses to work with TE machines. Any combination of shift/alt/strg plus left/middle/right clicks only makes the machines rotate. Funny twist: The Crescent Hammer works as intended.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I thought TE machines could just be picked up by breaking them. I haven't tried, I only just built my first set of machines the other day. So what are you supposed to do - right-click with the hammer to rotate, and shift-right-click to pick up, like a Redstone Energy Cell? The wiki only says "...a tool that allows you to modify, reorient and break items... To use the Crescent Hammer, simply hold your sneak key (shift by default) and right-click", it doesn't say what that does (modify, reorient, or break?)

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
Would obtaining an Axe of the Stream be worthwile? I there any way to repair magic tools like the Axe and the Sword of the Zephyer? With the sword, I think the right click one takes durability and normal hitting things doesn't, but either way how can I repair those damages?

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
if you have the repair enchantment on them they'll repair themselves :)
I don't have an enchantment system set up yet, as I've got no place to put it. Speaking of that, or the types of mob traps better or easier to make with FTB rather than in vanilla MC?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Would obtaining an Axe of the Stream be worthwile? I there any way to repair magic tools like the Axe and the Sword of the Zephyer? With the sword, I think the right click one takes durability and normal hitting things doesn't, but either way how can I repair those damages?
Axe of the Stream is the best of the Thaumcraft tools in my opinion. For sheer convenience it's worth just making another one when it breaks.
I don't have an enchantment system set up yet, as I've got no place to put it. Speaking of that, or the types of mob traps better or easier to make with FTB rather than in vanilla MC?
FTB mob traps are generally built around T5 Soul Shards spawners. I don't think there is much in the pack to help with traditional mob farms, although a turtle to finish off the mobs after a drop trap and deal with the loot is nice. I have a close copy of Direwolf20's Blaze spawner with a 6 melee turtles feeding an XP turtle that auto-enchants books. Repair is really rare on books. Also I try not to use my Repair tools around my base due to the aura usage. It's actually a shame that I got Repair on my Sword of the Zephyr, I might try to Uncraft it off.