Request DW20 1.10 - How to automate Pam's trees?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi All,

I'm trying to automate all of the things in Pam's HarvestCraft in the current release of the DireWolf20 1.10 modpack.

The crops are easy to do, but I'm trying to find a solution for the various trees, I need to auto harvest and pick up the fruits from the trees without breaking the fruits, so I can eventually make all of the food within PAM's HarvestCraft.

I'm building a large tiered garden that floats in the sky that will produce all the PAM's food, just because.... fun :)

I tried ENDERIO farmin stations, but they just destroy the tree and all I get is jungle wood.

Anyone got any ideas?

-Wuffle!

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Thanks guys, until MFR is updated, i'll go check out Forestry Multi-Farms :)

-Wuffle!
There is another, somewhat inconvenient method; the right-click functionality of the ExtraUtils2 mechanical user can be used to pop the fruit off a tree once matured, without breaking the fruit (it returns it to the 0 growth state). What this would mean is that you'd need to grow the tree, prune off bits you don't need and just keep enough for the leaves with the fruit attached alive, then set up a mechanical user in the block adjacent, facing towards the fruit, set to right-click. You will then need something to collect the fruit off the ground. On the positive side, I believe bonemeal also works on the fruit in Pam's Harvestcraft, meaning that you could have ANOTHER mechanical user adjacent to the fruit, applying bonemeal to speed up the growth. I've used a similar method in 1.6.4, with Agrarian Skies, to get quite a lot of fruit fairly quickly (I used autonomous activators from Thermal Expansion, but the Mechanical Users should have the same functionality).

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
To go with the idea of bonemeal from above, once you get automated you can use things like a Botania Agricarnation or a Reliquary Lillypad of Fertility to increase the growth rate of your produce.

I think the Forestry Multifarm will be your best option for the automation side of things.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
To go with the idea of bonemeal from above, once you get automated you can use things like a Botania Agricarnation or a Reliquary Lillypad of Fertility to increase the growth rate of your produce.

I think the Forestry Multifarm will be your best option for the automation side of things.
Likewise, there may also be a blood magic ritual of the Green Grove if you fancied delving into that! :)

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
Some really awesome ideas here people.. here's Pams HarvestCraft build so far..

I've got a Marble Pyramid with a Draconium energy battery on it, that's going to feed power into a floating Obelisk object above it, on the grounds surrounding the Pyramid I am building
farms of all the different types of crops and plants I can find, then i'm going to automate all the foods.

Then, i'm going to do BEES and get deep into Forestry / BEES and Open Computers.. so much to do!

I have a TIER IV Blood Alter that's automated as per Direwolf's earlier video in the series (really enjoying this playthrough, it's hard keeping up and doing my own projects, but it's fun).

2017-03-27_21.27.43.png Not yet finished...

I'm also just about to start DireWolf20's automated Botania stuff, maybe in a bit floating garden platform or something like that.

-Wuffle

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Some really awesome ideas here people.. here's Pams HarvestCraft build so far..

I've got a Marble Pyramid with a Draconium energy battery on it, that's going to feed power into a floating Obelisk object above it, on the grounds surrounding the Pyramid I am building
farms of all the different types of crops and plants I can find, then i'm going to automate all the foods.

Then, i'm going to do BEES and get deep into Forestry / BEES and Open Computers.. so much to do!

I have a TIER IV Blood Alter that's automated as per Direwolf's earlier video in the series (really enjoying this playthrough, it's hard keeping up and doing my own projects, but it's fun).

View attachment 32980 Not yet finished...

I'm also just about to start DireWolf20's automated Botania stuff, maybe in a bit floating garden platform or something like that.

-Wuffle
Very nice! Love the Pyramid :D

Reactions: WuffleFluffy

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
HI all,

I went off and planted a LOT of Pam's trees next to my Pyramid, because.. Pyramids are cool :)

I used a lot of mechanical activators and Ender Hoppers, all connected to chests underground with EnderIO item conduits, which
all connect into a storage drawer network which is in turn connected to my Refined Storage network via a network transmitter/receiver.

2017-03-27_21.27.43.png 2017-04-02_20.21.12.png 2017-04-02_20.22.00.png 2017-04-02_20.35.56.png

And my obelisk... is going to become my new floating restaurant...

2017-04-02_20.34.11.png UnderSide view.

-Wuffle!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
M

McClyde

I'm working through automating Pam's trees in direwolf20 1.10 as well. I went with the Forestry multifarm option, but the farm doesn't seem to like the lime trees I have so far.
http://imgur.com/a/mRthP
I supplied the farm with water, power, and fertilizer, but it doesn't seem to be harvesting anything. Have I incorrectly set up the farm?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Forestry has always been poor at best for picking other mods fruits. In effect, it doesn't recognize the trees as being legitimate, it is still waiting for you to clear the terrain and give it some saplings that it recognizes. Which would be forestry trees. Which would involve tree breeding.

Just use MFR's fruit picker. It works.

M

McClyde

Unfortunately I don't think MFR is in Direwolf20 1.10. I was hoping there would be an actual farm set up, but the mechanical users are a nice back up

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Unfortunately I don't think MFR is in Direwolf20 1.10. I was hoping there would be an actual farm set up, but the mechanical users are a nice back up
Sure there is. He used it to automate wither skeletons, like he always does, then he forgot about it, like he always does.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
To be fair, all the 1.10 releases for MFR are very recent, and are all Alpha or Beta, and Minefactory Reloaded is NOT part of the default Direwolf20 1.10 pack.

EDIT: just realised I basically repeated @Renton Terrace, sorry chap