Mystical Agriculture + Torcherino = OP

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I was playing Hermitpack and added Mystical Agriculture to it since I loved the idea of growing everything I needed rather than mining it. I stumbled across Torcherino, which in case you are not familiar with it, increases the tick rate of almost anything around it. (think bonemeal on things that don't accept bonemeal). The end result was 2 conclusions:

1) Mystical Agriculture is a hella fun mod that requires an OCEAN of inferium if you plan to get supremium armor/tools/etc. Unless I am missing something, even with growth accelerators, auto harvesting, and auto sorting Supremium armor/tools are just insanely expensive. (and really not worth it)

2) Torcherino is straight up broken op to the point it is cheating. I needed obsidian so I made up a single obsidian seed, set the torcherino to 3x3 400% and just taped down my right mouse button. 10 minutes later I had more obsidian than I have ever had.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
IMO, torcherino is cheating anyway. Well, "cheating" is relative in Minecraft, but it's a step too far for me.

Softwerker

Jan 24, 2017
Yeah, not a big Fan of the Torcherino either. It makes lots of things too op. It should be more expensive and use up some expensive resources while being active IMHO.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hm. I wonder if any of the configs have been tweaked; I'm using a small customised instance with Actually Additions, Mystical Agriculture and Tiny Progressions - with a combination of the Tier 2 growth crystal (TP), the Tier 4 (superium) inferium plants (MA) and Greenhouse Glass and a Farmer (AA), I'm getting inferium essence at a very respectable rate - I've definitely got the Supremium armour and so on well within my reach. And that's without automating any removal of inferium or autocrafting with it - I've been doing that manually!!!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hm. I wonder if any of the configs have been tweaked; I'm using a small customised instance with Actually Additions, Mystical Agriculture and Tiny Progressions - with a combination of the Tier 2 growth crystal (TP), the Tier 4 (superium) inferium plants (MA) and Greenhouse Glass and a Farmer (AA), I'm getting inferium essence at a very respectable rate - I've definitely got the Supremium armour and so on well within my reach. And that's without automating any removal of inferium or autocrafting with it - I've been doing that manually!!!

Several configs have been tweaked in Hermitcraft... The Tinker's smelter, for example, produced 3 ingots/ore as opposed to the normal (default) 2 last time I looked.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Several configs have been tweaked in Hermitcraft... The Tinker's smelter, for example, produced 3 ingots/ore as opposed to the normal (default) 2 last time I looked.
Ah, that might be a factor then. I'd be surprised if they'd lowered the efficacy of the TP or AA stuff, but they might have done.

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019

It's impressive you've done it all by hand. The instance of Mystical Agriculture I played did not have tier 2 growth accelerators and you could not grow supremium seeds, they had to be crafted from Inferium. Before I started using Torcherino, I had storage drawers set up to collect my inferium and made a crafter from extrautils to upgrade it. It really saved a ton of wrist power!

If I ever set up Mystical Agriculture again, I plan to consider it a mid game ore producer and set up countless fields of inferium in the early game.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
It's impressive you've done it all by hand. The instance of Mystical Agriculture I played did not have tier 2 growth accelerators and you could not grow supremium seeds, they had to be crafted from Inferium. Before I started using Torcherino, I had storage drawers set up to collect my inferium and made a crafter from extrautils to upgrade it. It really saved a ton of wrist power!

If I ever set up Mystical Agriculture again, I plan to consider it a mid game ore producer and set up countless fields of inferium in the early game.
The growth crystals of both tiers are from Tiny Progressions, not Mystical Agriculture; you're quite right, its the Growth Accelerator (only 1 tier) that's in MA. I also just realised that the pack you're using may not have Tiny Progressions in, making my comment useless :( I'm really sorry. You also may not have Actually Additions, the other one I referred to, making me doubly useless! Yay.

And yeah, its not supremium seeds I'm using but inferium seeds, at tier 4 (superium). The tier 5 (supremium) inferium seeds do not produce supremium essence (though you do need supremium essence to make them), they produce a number of inferium corresponding to the tier, so just like you get 1 inferium from the basic inferium plant when harvested, you get 4 from the tier 4 inferium plant and 5 from the tier 5.

It was a bit of a pain to do the first bits by hand, but once I had a farmer set up it wasn't so bad - my first 4 supremium essence went on the unbreakable infusion stone! :D

So, to sum up, your original post was dead right - Mystical Agriculture's own speed-up system is pretty tame, making supremium stuff super expensive, and Torcherino sounds pretty OP.

EDIT: Actually Additions is in there - it might be worth just seeing how much difference greenhouse glass makes when used with the growth accelerator and those plants...

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I know I had AA but not sure about TP. I am still learning the new 1.10 content and don't always put the connections together between mods.

Speaking of new content... where is Beyond!!!! =)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I know I had AA but not sure about TP. I am still learning the new 1.10 content and don't always put the connections together between mods.

Speaking of new content... where is Beyond!!!! =)

Apparently waiting on mods that haven't been publicly released yet.