Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
nVidea gtx 1080

Try updating your graphics drivers (the bug that broke Minecraft was fixed), and try updating the mod as well. Also, I suggest you try and shadowplay the flicker if you can.

I'd also like a screenshot of your graphics settings, although I don't think that's the issue.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hi. I use windmills and I take energy from energy laser to basic capacitor bank. And basic capacitor bank uses energy conduit from enderio. I cant connect that cable for my metal former. What can i do?

My ss;
6b16923886b948c8860aa9f70af94e9e.png

Unfortunately, IndustrialCraft uses its own form of power (EU), and there is no native conversion between RF (the power used by EnderIO) and EU as far as I am aware - you will need an IndustrialCraft power generator and cables to power your metal former. That's why the EnderIO conduit hasn't connected.

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
[...] Also, I suggest you try and shadowplay [...]
Not gonna happen. I won't use a programm that was installed without my permission, just because it's an unnessesary (and unwanted) part of my Graphis driver.
I'd also like a screenshot of your graphics settings, although I don't think that's the issue.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Not gonna happen. I won't use a programm that was installed without my permission, just because it's an unnessesary (and unwanted) part of my Graphis driver.

Even though it is considered the best for recording as per system resource use?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Even though it is considered the best for recording as per system resource use?

This wouldn't happen to also be the case for AMD cards, would it? Or am I stuck with the AMD equivalent that is broken for me right now? ReLive only records the desktop, so it'll only record in windowed mode, which is not acceptable. PlaysTV, the one that came before it, just stopped being able to record anything. It's very frustrating.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
No idea on AMD cards, but the Nvidia recorder is super light weight and works better than fraps, or any other program I've paid for.

Latest Nvidia driver doesn't crash MC anymore, and I didn't see any issues with my hour or so of gameplay last night after updating.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam

I'm not going to argue with you, but if you won't do that then I can't help you fix your problem. Shadowplay is an amazing integrated tool, I don't know what your problem with it is.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Anyone know why it would say that I have 139 mods installed, but 130 are active? How can I tell which ones are not active (and why).

It's a custom modpack, so I'm not expecting anyone to know off-hand which mods are causing it, but a general idea would be cool.

edit: NM, that was easier to google than I thought. Sorry for wasting anyone's time!

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
are there any ways to invert the signal required on a immersive diesel generator in 1.7.10? so it will turn on with a redstone signal and not off

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
are there any ways to invert the signal required on a immersive diesel generator in 1.7.10? so it will turn on with a redstone signal and not off
I believe there's a line in the engineer's manual that shift clicking with a hammer will invert it.

You can always use a redstone torch inverter.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Is there some way I can get Minecraft to utilize mode of my processor or something?

I just installed a brand new i7, quad core 4 GHz and it's a big upgrade over what I had, same number of cores. Even with optifine multitgread chunk loadong on. ZERO in game difference. And Minecraft is only taking up like 8% of my CPU.

I'm out 300 bucks if I can't get more power out of this.

Edit: something can't be right. With no textures loaded, internal shaders, im getting 30fps while chunks load and 100 fps when it's all loaded. I should be getting way way more than that.

Last edited:

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Anyone know why it would say that I have 139 mods installed, but 130 are active? How can I tell which ones are not active (and why).

It's a custom modpack, so I'm not expecting anyone to know off-hand which mods are causing it, but a general idea would be cool.

edit: NM, that was easier to google than I thought. Sorry for wasting anyone's time!

Some may be core mods, that are used but not loaded?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Is there some way I can get Minecraft to utilize mode of my processor or something?

I just installed a brand new i7, quad core 4 GHz and it's a big upgrade over what I had, same number of cores. Even with optifine multitgread chunk loadong on. ZERO in game difference. And Minecraft is only taking up like 8% of my CPU.

I'm out 300 bucks if I can't get more power out of this.

Edit: something can't be right. With no textures loaded, internal shaders, im getting 30fps while chunks load and 100 fps when it's all loaded. I should be getting way way more than that.
Do you have vsync turned off? If it's on, you might have a 100 Hz monitor, which will limit you to 100 fps.

What is your ticks per second? Full 20? That would explain a low CPU usage.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Vsync is off. I've sent it spike into the 120s from time to time. The fps constantly fluctuates, it's not capped by anything.

I don't know how to know what my ticks per second is.

Something is wrong. It's not maxing anything out. Barely using CPU. I have plenty of RAM. GPU occasionally spikes, bit only very briefly then goes back to not doing much.

Here's more details I posted on the Minecraft forums, if any if this helps:

• I'm seeing reports out there from people getting hundreds of fps, from forums dated back in 2012.

I'm running a 4ghz i7 with an r9 390 with 16 gigs of RAM and even just trying without any mods, no texture pack, no shaders, nothing, I'm getting 34ish fps when chunks are loading. 104 when they're done and I'm not moving.

With a ton of mods, 128x textures and SEUS running, at 24 chunk distance, I'm getting 25 FPS. With no shaders on, I'm getting around 75, both after chunks are stable.

I just installed that processor. It's the same number of threads, but it's 4ghz instead of 3.2. the upgrade caused ZERO difference to performance.

Watching the task manager, no core goes above 40% usage at the peak, and it hovers around 9% across the board when the game is running but idle.

Java is up to date, 64-bit. Graphics drivers were up to date this whole time, but just downgraded to fix an issue with transparent hands/tools while running shaders.

I've gone through every single optifine setting over and over again. I've tried loading with no mods at all. Various different resource packs, no resource packs. I've scanned my PC for malware. I used to remove viruses for a living. I know how to prevent them from happening in the first place and my scan confirm its still clean. I've manually gone through all installed programs to make sure unwanted programs have not snuck their way through.

I should be able to run unmodded Minecraft with default textures at like 500 fps. I should be able to run 128x textures with SEUS at least a stable 45 if not 60 fps compared to the specs from people out there on YouTube with similar setups. Please help. I spent a bunch of money upgrading the processor because everyone talks about how CPU hungry this game can be, but not if it's not using it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Also, I just tried loading a 1.10 game with nothing but optifine, chroma hills and SEUS. Still 15-25 fps with stuttering. Not a noticeable difference performance compared to the 1.7.10 game with 140 mods, so it's not the mods conflicting either.

Yijare

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not going to argue with you, but if you won't do that then I can't help you fix your problem. Shadowplay is an amazing integrated tool, I don't know what your problem with it is.
i pretty much explained why i have a problem with it. to do a video is an other thing in its entierty.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
i pretty much explained why i have a problem with it. to do a video is an other thing in its entierty.
OK, flickering aside, that is a stunning looking build!!! What's its purpose? There's something oddly familiar about it, but that's probably my imagination.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Also, hopefully a nice simple 1.10.2 question: I know about the wireless RF transmitter from ExtraUtils2, but can you still transfer power via transfer pipes, or is that no longer an option?

I've got a pretty simple pack, and while its got its fair share of power generation, there aren't actually many RF transfer options for me! I was hoping for something a bit less of a faff than the Actually Additions lasers, but I'm wondering if that's my only option! I don't have EnderIO, Immersive Engineering, or RFtools (not sure if that even has power transfer...) so I'm pretty limited there.