Closed Mending moss not working (fixed)

J

Jemas

Summary of the problem Mending moss not working

Pack Version 3.0.5

What is the bug? seems that when I try to get some xp on my pickaxe it wont store it at all ... not sure if I'm the only one getting this

Mod & Version

Link to log file

Is it repeatable?

Known Fix

C

CoffeeBuddha

I am having this issue as well. I suspect that the change to solid experience orbs did something.

K

KnightMiner

How are you adding it to your pickaxe? You need to hold it while collecting XP. If some mod is changing how mobs drop XP though, that would be the issue.

J

Jemas

How are you adding it to your pickaxe? You need to hold it while collecting XP. If some mod is changing how mobs drop XP though, that would be the issue.

I have it in my hand and it doesn't collect I will admit the exp orbs do look a little different since the update

C

CoffeeBuddha

I've tested various tools I've made that I've also put mending on - holding the tool in hand while receiving experience. No tool shows stored experience after having done this, and this is new with the 3.0.5 update. I was looking at the mechanic before the update and it was working fine.

J

Jemas

just did a bit of testing it seems to only happen to my axe and pick the sword seems to be fine and I don't bother with a shovel

L

LovelyFlare

Try putting it in a tool forge and checking to see if it has stored XP on it.

J

Jemas

looking at the change log there was the clumps mod added where it puts all the exp together to reduce lag .. that could be what's causing it

Reactions: Zer0LIves
X

xyeer0

looking at the change log there was the clumps mod added where it puts all the exp together to reduce lag .. that could be what's causing it
made an account just to thank you and verify this. i was having the same problem and went it to edit mod pack and moved clumps to the disabled list and now my tinkers store xp again. thanks again to both for asking the same question as me and for giving the heads up on what was causing it

Reactions: ICountFrom0

DreamingSheep

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what was changed to fix it? I've tried updating my 3.0.5 world to 3.0.6 but it's causing problems on my server and I'd really like Mending Moss to work.

My guess is it had something to do with Clumps replacing the xp orbs, however I cannot find any configs or scripts that could change any of this.

DreamingSheep

Jul 29, 2019
Wow do I feel stupid, I thought I'd checked that and the versions were the same. Hanging my head in noobish shame.