Request Add Mekanism to FTB packs!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

fireman1x

Jul 29, 2019
I'm posting this thread because I have noticed something: Almost no official FTB packs have the mod Mekanism in them.

I don't know if this is something to do with the pack makers, or aidancbrady, but I think Mekanism should be added to some of the FTB packs, at least as an optional mod (starts disabled but can be enabled).

Mekanism is a great tech mod, and my favorite among the many out there. It has many good machines like the Digital Miner, the Teleporter, and serves as a quite easy way to make steel.

If any FTB staff/devs see this, please add Mekanism, or at least tell me why you haven't

Reactions: tassu

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
In 1.10.2 (where are pack dev is atm), Mekanism was ported and then the mod author more or less disappeared (going off to college iirc). There's still quite a few bugs and performance issues with it. I'm not an official FTB person or anything, but I imagine these had something to do with it.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if you like it, just add it... Given your description you most likly play kitchen sink packs because a easy way to make steel is what you like about mekanism.
in kitchen sink paks like DW20 or Infinity Light 1.10, you can add it without problems I´m sure (did not test it on my own).

If you also want it in skyblock maps or HQM based modpacks thats a other thing because they are normaly fine tuned depending on their aproach were then is no real sence to add mekanism if other mods fill already the funtion of it there.

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
Some of our initial 1.10 packs included Mekanism. The suitability of a mod for any particular pack comes down to the individual pack makers, some packs suit some mods more than others and some mods may not be included because of stability issues or support issues. While Mekanism is a large mod, most of its functionality is already well covered by alternatives.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I've added Mek to packs before. It goes quite nicely with kitchen sinky packs.

It's in a bit of a weird position though. As an industrial mod it goes further than the staples like BC, TE or IC2 in the sense of it having more tiers, more levels of increasingly expensive machines with correspondingly more extreme outputs...

...but it still stops well short of Rotarycraft, which kinda makes it redundant a little bit.

Still a cool mod though.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
I wish rortary would hace been updated Too 1.10 :(

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X5 Plus mediante Tapatalk

Nedrith

Jul 29, 2019
Ore quintupling tho

I've always been interested in why people like ore quintupling so much as it always seems to be a argument used for Mekanism. Honestly the Sag mill will do ore tripling pretty much with dark steel balls with a very high chance for byproducts for most ores. Even with that I find leaving a quarry running for any decent amount of times results in pretty much more ore than I'd ever need.

Reactions: Dentvar

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
Modded isn't about reaching the endgame as fast as possible, nor is it about finding the most efficient way to do things. It's about having fun, whatever form that takes.

Sure you could build a super efficient reactor that produces more fuel than it uses while providing you with just enough power to run your base. But you can also build a reactor that runs dangerously close to meltdown and produces a lot of power.

Sure you can build one quarry that mines all that you use. But you can build a hundred quarrys and build something utterly massive or store all the blocks in DSU's.

Sure you can build an AE system that can store only what you need while voiding out the excess. But you can build massive silos filled with barrels that measure the amount in them and display them on a ComputerCraft screen.

Sure you can process all the ores that you use up to 3x. But you can also process your ores using RotaryCraft and Chromaticraft, the highest yield in all of Modded that I know of.

The gist is that Minecraft is a sandbox, we just have a hell of a lot more toys in Modded.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I've always been interested in why people like ore quintupling so much as it always seems to be a argument used for Mekanism. Honestly the Sag mill will do ore tripling pretty much with dark steel balls with a very high chance for byproducts for most ores. Even with that I find leaving a quarry running for any decent amount of times results in pretty much more ore than I'd ever need.
Agreed. Varies from pack to pack a bit though.

In a pack with normal ores, normal ore-gen (~X ores per chunk), powerful quarries, powerful energy generation and easy item transportation, yeah, there's very little need for ore multiplying. This stands for virtually all kitchen sink packs.

In packs with rare priority ores, clumped ore gen (which breaks quarrying), restrictive energy generation and expensive item transportation, its a bit different, and you need to squeeze as much as possible from the ores you do find. This...doesn't really apply to many packs at all. Infitech2 is a plausible entry in the list.