UU-Matter Problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
yet again I agree with this statement, but am still confused as to why it pertains to the conversation at hand...
Brittania is a horrible place where you either are the upper class and benefit from all the fine things in life at the expense of the lower class, or the lower class and get fucked over by everyone and you life in a ghetto. The upper class is basically Nazi Dictator Warlord Nobility, and the lower class are the equivalent of Jews in Nazi Germany, except I'm fairly certain they never get lead into showers and killed with nerve gas.
Why is this relevant? We're using it to imply there is blind intolerance in this thread. (aka go watch a few episodes of Code Geass and you'll get a basic understanding. Hell, go hang out with a guy watching a few episodes and pay minor attention to it. You'll catch on pretty quick. First Episode is mostly fluff and background, so watch it in full. Episode two has much more giant mecha IIRC, but Episode Three is where the Geass gets explained IIRC. Actually I think I have 1 and 2 mixed up a bit, Episode 2 was at a school I think, though that might have been episode 3 and I'm just really rusty)

To explain why you're confused, you're English and haven't watched Code Geass. "All Hail Britannia" is said a lot in Code Geass, and only by supporters of Britannia, who are the bad guys. First episode starts off and explains the situation, and quickly paints Britannia, a fictional nation, as massive assholes and basically the Nazi Party of the story.
Why am I comparing them to Nazi's if there are plenty of "bad guy" groups out there? Because it's pretty much universally understood that the Nazi Party were very bad. Bad enough that years after they have been wiped out, people still hate them. Hell, a bunch of brothers discovered they were descendent's of Hitler, and the last of his lineage. They vowed to never get married and never have kids. That's how much people hate the Nazi's. I know you know this, but I figure I should record this anyway in case this gets read by someone who is from a reality who never had Nazi's or never had ones like we did. Never hurts to explain.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
Just a tip, if you want to make an obscure reference to an anime that is great and all, but if that anime borrows a place name from the real world, you may wish to not use that as your obscure reference without any other indicators. Odds are far more people will recognize your reference as the far more famous real world example and not as the obscure fictional one.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Listen to Hobbs he speaks the turth.

As was my plan, of course. All hail hail!

Which reminds me, when are we going to get a good weather overhaul? I'd love seasons, different types of weather, and coconuts. Oh yes!

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
well, DW got a gravichest like the first 2 days...
Begs the question...when?

Also, how long was he playing in those two days?

SSP or SMP where he might have gotten help?

What would you do if all TE machines required steel instead of iron?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
wow... dick move by that anime... very uncreative, is there such a shortage of imagination that they have to use real world places in their fictional show?
Yeah I don't think I'll be watching that, generally most things that paint Britain in a bad light I find pathetic, needy and attention seeking (like most Irish movies ever made)

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
For the record, it is the current ruler of Britannia that is the problem. As a nation it goes through ups and downs throughout the series, with a verity of views among it's nobles (Concoured colenys are treated better then meny real word examples tbh.) As British myself I would actually recommend it. And frankly the British Empire makes one of the best materials for basing villains off of. There's a certain style and feel to it.

On topic, I was quite suprised to find the UU matter Greg recipies in Dire20. Copper dust instead of ore was the hint that let me spot it.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Begs the question...when?

Also, how long was he playing in those two days?

SSP or SMP where he might have gotten help?

What would you do if all TE machines required steel instead of iron?

On the Forgecraft server, Player made a full quantum with graviton chest right around the 24hour point from server start. Most of that time was taken up generating UUmatter required for the iridium and wasn't dependant on him even being online. The massfab was powered by a reactor, so presumably about 300-360EU/t[DOUBLEPOST=1363702748][/DOUBLEPOST]
For the record, it is the current ruler of Britannia that is the problem.

I agree! Down with Lord British!

Reactions: Guswut

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
On the Forgecraft server, Player made a full quantum with graviton chest right around the 24hour point from server start. Most of that time was taken up generating UUmatter required for the iridium and wasn't dependant on him even being online. The massfab was powered by a reactor, so presumably about 300-360EU/t
I follow DW20's videos but not what other Forgecrafters are doing in the appearances they make in said videos. Now being used to GT and having fun with Ars Magica spell hunting, I find my sense of time displaced from the average, though I enjoy the journey too much to just rush anyway. :p

That's a thought though, seeing as we've derailed into a gorge named george here. Dravarden, try powergaming your way through Ars Magica and collect all spells, including archmage tower, then share how long it took. Same with DivineRPG. I'd actually like to see how fast they can be done considering they have some special challenges from most mods. :)

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
On the Forgecraft server, Player made a full quantum with graviton chest right around the 24hour point from server start. Most of that time was taken up generating UUmatter required for the iridium and wasn't dependant on him even being online. The massfab was powered by a reactor, so presumably about 300-360EU/t

It's nuts that people think that THAT is balanced. Hahahah!

Reactions: Whovian

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
wow... dick move by that anime... very uncreative, is there such a shortage of imagination that they have to use real world places in their fictional show?
Yeah I don't think I'll be watching that, generally most things that paint Britain in a bad light I find pathetic, needy and attention seeking (like most Irish movies ever made)

News Flash: Science Fiction is full of alternative histories using familiar names. Are you mad at Peter Hamilton for making alternative futures and pasts for the world? Seriously, man. I know your trick is being pugnacious, but this is like some kind of comical parody of indignant outrage. Like a character from that Mitchell & Webb Look or Peep Show or something.

[DOUBLEPOST=1363713058][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's nuts that people think that THAT is balanced. Hahahah!

I hope you are prepared for this to happen on our server, man. Cuz last night I crafted a bunch of reactor casing. I will hold the first piece of UU matter! :D

Reactions: Guswut

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

Oh no, that isn't the "dick move". What the DICK MOVE was that EVERYONE spoke JAPANESE. Be them the Emperor of Britannia, people in Germany, China, etc.

Now THAT is something you can rage about.

Besides that, "Britannia" is actually America (technically the Americas as a whole, but we all know you've gotta blame the USA, of course), so now you can watch it and enjoy the American-hatred, right? Heheh!

I hope you are prepared for this to happen on our server, man. Cuz last night I crafted a bunch of reactor casing. I will hold the first piece of UU matter! :D

Excellent! It didn't happen in twenty-four hours, so that's at least not crazy stuff.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

Its not the first anime to do that.

There is a whole crap ton that reuses real world places or myths. But to be fair reuse of real world things happens fairly often in fiction over all. Though normally it more bowering myths then real things. And be fair I thought he was saying Bretonnia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretonnia_(Warhammer)).

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
News Flash: Science Fiction is full of alternative histories using familiar names. Are you mad at Peter Hamilton for making alternative futures and pasts for the world? Seriously, man. I know your trick is being pugnacious, but this is like some kind of comical parody of indignant outrage. Like a character from that Mitchell & Webb Look or Peep Show or something.
When one is an expat living in a country that doesn't exactly see your birthplace in the best light (at best.. at worst it's outright distaste/hate/rage) one can get a bit oversensetive to these kinds of things. I apologise.
Its not the first anime to do that.

There is a whole crap ton that reuses real world places or myths. But to be fair reuse of real world things happens fairly often in fiction over all. Though normally it more bowering myths then real things. And be fair I thought he was saying Bretonnia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretonnia_(Warhammer)).
I used to play that, paint the models and everything :p I always saw Bretonnia as more of a French kinda nation, with the Empire being the Brits :p

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
When one is an expat living in a country that doesn't exactly see your birthplace in the best light (at best.. at worst it's outright distaste/hate/rage) one can get a bit oversensetive to these kinds of things. I apologise.

I used to play that, paint the models and everything :p I always saw Bretonnia as more of a French kinda nation, with the Empire being the Brits :p
I always assumed the same things about those Warhammer Nations. Why? Well, for starters, The Breton People are French, and the Empire just sounds British. That being said, the Empire are more German in armor(have you seen their helms? And their suggested painting style?), and Wikiped apparently says they are comparable to Germany, and Brettonia is the old English/French/That Area with Knights, Kings, Vassals, Knights of the Round Table, Lady of the Lake, etc etc.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
[...]and Brettonia is the old English/French/That Area with Knights, Kings, Vassals, Knights of the Round Table, Lady of the Lake, etc etc.

Similar to the setup in the anime being discussed, as well.

Except that they are actually Americans, and... Well, I won't spoil it, because it's Japanese humor, but there is an amusing name-related event halfway through the series.

Lambert2191, now you've got to at least try and watch it to laugh at the crazy colonists, hahah.