Farming in 1.10.2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like a nice choice for a modern/sci-fi build. When I move past sticks and stones, maybe I'll give it a go.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So, I looked at the mod suggested here: The Agricultural Revolution Mod https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/238958-the-agricultural-revolution

Added it to the Hermitcraft pack. First things first, the JEI integration is a bit spotty. The mod requires silicon, but it's not ore dictionaried so it requires it's own silicon, this is apparently obtained by using a shovel on mod generated blocks called Hydrothermal Veins. Without that silicon, there is no progression in the mod. I have already explored a large amount of my world, so I didn't find any :(

Anyone else try this? Would like some more info on it.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
So, I looked at the mod suggested here: The Agricultural Revolution Mod https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/238958-the-agricultural-revolution

Added it to the Hermitcraft pack. First things first, the JEI integration is a bit spotty. The mod requires silicon, but it's not ore dictionaried so it requires it's own silicon, this is apparently obtained by using a shovel on mod generated blocks called Hydrothermal Veins. Without that silicon, there is no progression in the mod. I have already explored a large amount of my world, so I didn't find any :(

you could see if it spawns in the deep dark if you haven't explored there

RenzosNips

Jul 29, 2019

I've been away from home, so I've been unable to update my server. However, if that's true, I'm very disappointed. I'll probably just end up ore-dict-ing it myself, but I don't really want to install Minetweaker (or whatever) for 1 thing.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Well it is like most mods which adds some world-generation and which you add later on into an already existing world.
In worst case you could just cheat in a few stacks of it's silicon (from a single vein you get tons and tons of silicon).

I'm sure at some point it might add this silicon ore'dict, but we shouldn't forget that it's still one of the newer mods which are around so still alot will happen. (when 1.7.10 was new, many mods didn't have the ore'dictionary between each other, too, give it some time, 1.10. is still very much in it's child shoes :) )

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If you have actually additions, there's a farmer block that is basically a MFR planter/harvester combined.

Seems the version in my pack is quite out of date (using r67, Farmer added in r70, current is either r79 or r80). I think it's time for an update.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
So, I've decided to just bite the bullet and use the EnderIO Farmer. However, it needs a hoe to function. Now, I could just set up an auto-crafter and be done with it, but that's been done to death. Anyone know of a way to make an unbreakable hoe in 1.10.2? I don't think unstable/stable ingots exist anymore. It doesn't want to accept a TiCon mattock, which is a shame.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've decided to just bite the bullet and use the EnderIO Farmer. However, it needs a hoe to function. Now, I could just set up an auto-crafter and be done with it, but that's been done to death. Anyone know of a way to make an unbreakable hoe in 1.10.2? I don't think unstable/stable ingots exist anymore. It doesn't want to accept a TiCon mattock, which is a shame.

I'm not sure of any indestructible hoes, but the Obsidian Hoe from AA has 8,000 durability. That should be a nice start while you figure out what else to use.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm not sure of any indestructible hoes, but the Obsidian Hoe from AA has 8,000 durability. That should be a nice start while you figure out what else to use.
Not using AA in my pack. It came out too late, and I don't like doing retrogen for the black quartz. Plus, not really a big fan of many of the mechanics found therein. Mind you, it's good that someone is trying to think outside the box instead of just doing the same old thing, but IMO, they didn't accomplish much but annoyance.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Not using AA in my pack. It came out too late, and I don't like doing retrogen for the black quartz. Plus, not really a big fan of many of the mechanics found therein. Mind you, it's good that someone is trying to think outside the box instead of just doing the same old thing, but IMO, they didn't accomplish much but annoyance.

If it was only the retrogen you were worried about, a recipe exists to convert Nether Quartz to Black Quartz (Nether Quartz + coal). On the other hand, I feel like AA is a collection of things that once existed, but got left behind when mods didn't make the jump forward. It has a number of good ideas (some executed better than others so far) that I feel like I've used before mixed with some decent infrastructure and a few workaround recipies from world gen (rice can be used to substitute slime balls, if processed correctly). I'm not too deep into it, and I'm mixing it with other mods in my pack liberally, so your mileage may vary.

Edit:. Edited correct recipe for Black Quartz.

Last edited:
Reactions: PierceSG

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Depending on the configs, you might be able to use a Tinker's Mattock and extract and repair that. (Assuming it's there and you have Tinkers.) Otherwise, you're kind of stuck with the crafter method. Though you can always manually fill a chest with hoes if you're looking for something different.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Looks like it will consume a TiCo mattock when it hits zero durability rather than spitting it out. However, I did get it to take the bloiting thing. Next up, unbreaking mattock. One head made of paper, the other out of obsidian, handle made of paper, that's five iterations of Reinforced on top of the base Duritae from the obsidian. That should get to unbreaking levels.

EDIT: actually completely unnecessary. Refined Storage, bless the creator, is able to fully automate this with an Interface. It can push product to the interface and pull hoes from the interface without over-crafting. And with the crafting upgrade, the interface can continually make sure it has at least one hoe to give it.

Last edited: