FTB Launcher News

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm working on a modpack at the moment, and I'm a little confused.

It looks like I should be going the curse route, could someone post a link to instructions on how it all works? My pack is heavily tweaked, includes beta mods, a resource pack and has to rename some mods to improve oredict/nei results due to loading priorities. Is any of that going to be an issue on curse?
If it's hosted on curse, can I still have a FTB forum page for discussion of the pack? or is that done elsewhere?

Personally, I'm totally happy with the FTB launcher and solution and hate having to go to a 3rd party. But if that's the route things are going, I'll have to roll with the changes.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I'm working on a modpack at the moment, and I'm a little confused.

It looks like I should be going the curse route, could someone post a link to instructions on how it all works? My pack is heavily tweaked, includes beta mods, a resource pack and has to rename some mods to improve oredict/nei results due to loading priorities. Is any of that going to be an issue on curse?
If it's hosted on curse, can I still have a FTB forum page for discussion of the pack? or is that done elsewhere?

Personally, I'm totally happy with the FTB launcher and solution and hate having to go to a 3rd party. But if that's the route things are going, I'll have to roll with the changes.
I see no reason you can't have a forum page if you upload it to curse
Not sure how the upload to curse works, though I wouldn't be surprised that renamed mods aren't exactly something curse can do considering it only allows mods that you can download from curse directly I would guess a pack consists of text file with all the modId's and version that the launcher uses to download the mods rather then a zip containing all the mods as well like how it is probably done with ftb.

I believe you can still upload it to ftb, and if you do you make everyone that can't/doesn't want to use use curse happy.